The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 04-16-2024, 05:21 PM   #41
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

The black guy is Carter? I don't believe he is ever identified in the comic. I also learned today that the character has a last name, Dawson.

I assume it's because the story was developed in late 1995 and he debuted at the same time.

Was Bebop and Rocksteady ever considered to be apart of the alternate future? It seems like they would have been involved in some small compacity or is Shredder's new found blood just and competence not able to tolerate them? They could always shed the incompetence as well.
Old 04-16-2024, 05:40 PM   #42
CyberCubed
Overlord

Wasn't Carter always black?
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2024, 05:56 PM   #43
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Wasn't Carter always black?
I thought he was at least half Native American, maybe because of his mutation in the Red Sky eps.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2024, 05:58 PM   #44
CyberCubed
Overlord

Maybe, similar to Elisa Maza from Gargoyles? Her father was Native American but her mother was black.
Old 04-16-2024, 07:49 PM   #45
Chaotix12345
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
The black guy is Carter? I don't believe he is ever identified in the comic.
He is, at the beginning of #74:

Chaotix12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2024, 08:32 PM   #46
CyberCubed
Overlord

Season 9 was airing in 1995 when Carter debuted so I suppose Murphy might have been aware of him? Still feels weird to include him though.
Old 04-17-2024, 03:50 AM   #47
Demon-Alukard
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Was Bebop and Rocksteady ever considered to be apart of the alternate future? It seems like they would have been involved in some small compacity or is Shredder's new found blood just and competence not able to tolerate them? They could always shed the incompetence as well.
Shredder was never satisfied with Bebop and Rocksteady's work, so he didn't create them in an alternate timeline.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mart43 View Post
Okay , can you identify those who might be from the archieverse ?

like this one https://i.imgur.com/qqJuYUY.jpeg and some of these including a mutant bear https://i.imgur.com/xn8jv4V.jpeg
That's just random mutants. Though you can think of the mutant bear as an homage to the Russian comic book "Ninja Turtles and Russian Bear", which came out in Russia in the 90s.

Demon-Alukard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2024, 12:01 PM   #48
mart43
Random Punk

Okay, but still can you identify this person from the archieverse ?eventhough the other two I know became Ray Fillet and Scumbug
mart43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2024, 02:37 PM   #49
shinycloudkid
Mouser

PSA Odyssey

Hello, first post, but felt I needed to get some info out there ASAP!

First off, loved the book. It felt like transporting back to my childhood and finally getting those missing issues id been looking for for years.

So, I'll start by saying I had some pretty unreasonable expectations for this story.

Raph and Ninjara? Bring back the mutanimals? Vengeance on Null? Vengeance for the shredder regarding Krang?

Hoo boy , was I satisfied, buuuuuut not. (closure wise) I was hoping for something a bit more conclusive regarding certain things... BUT WAIT. I just read TMNT Odyssey since it was referenced in the epilogue. And let me just say to the TMNT Adv fans that only know that bit of lore. If you want the "closure" I was referring to above. READ ODYSSEY. (Especially after Forever War.) Basically, its REQUIRED reading for a true final conclusion to the TMNT Adventures storyline. Odyssey felt like the true poetic conclusion to everything that I didn't know I needed. And that reference for the I universe? Man. What a perfect bridge.

I'll make a real post of opinions and questions on the thread once I've let the dust settle and my mind being blown. But since this is more of a PSA, i'll leave it at that.

Thanks!

Last edited by shinycloudkid; 04-20-2024 at 04:37 PM.
shinycloudkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2024, 09:56 AM   #50
Rhio2k
Random Punk

Quote:
The black guy is Carter? I don't believe he is ever identified in the comic. I also learned today that the character has a last name, Dawson.

I assume it's because the story was developed in late 1995 and he debuted at the same time.

That is Carter. He was identified in the Archie run when Future Leo introduced his students, including Bob (Future Shark Trilogy).

Got my edition of the hardcover Forever War comic, and it's great. Masterful quality and workmanship all around. Now that this untold story is wrapped up, maybe a partially told story can also be colored and concluded? *coughSeedOfDestructioncough*
Rhio2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2024, 01:26 PM   #51
AlZarkovski
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhio2k View Post
That is Carter. He was identified in the Archie run when Future Leo introduced his students, including Bob (Future Shark Trilogy).
Sorry but no. This was the story of "Dream Land". And it was Miles. Another character, from the future.

AlZarkovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2024, 01:28 PM   #52
AlZarkovski
Mad Scientist

Quote:
I also learned today that the character has a last name, Dawson.
Interesting information. How did you know this?
Old 04-21-2024, 04:27 PM   #53
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlZarkovski View Post
Interesting information. How did you know this?
Looking for the identity of the character in The Forever War I found it in the the promo for the final season of TMNT (1987). I believe it's the only public mention of the forgotten divisive character's last name.

https://web.archive.org/web/19961220...e/turtles.html
Old 04-22-2024, 05:55 AM   #54
Rhio2k
Random Punk

Quote:
Sorry but no. This was the story of "Dream Land". And it was Miles. Another character, from the future.

https://i.ibb.co/k6pPnVt/TMNTAdventures62pg16.jpg
Wow...mind's playing tricks, I guess. My bad.
Rhio2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2024, 05:43 AM   #55
Lordmylar06
Stone Warrior

Regarding Baxter-

He witnesses Shredder and Armaggon escaping through a time slip before he's never seen from again, and while I understand that was Murphy's way of distancing the Adventures stories from the cartoon, I considered that a very interesting possibility. With Forever War ending in a very open ended manner could there be any plan to develop that loose end beyond Baxter just getting lost?
I would think that a person of Baxter's intelligence who'd witnessed such events wouldn't simply fade away and not continue with his own scientific pursuits, or personal vendettas. Would he be a character of interest or use for further fan works by Arseniy, AlZarkovski, Andrew, and Chris?

Last edited by Lordmylar06; 04-23-2024 at 07:01 AM.
Lordmylar06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2024, 06:18 AM   #56
AlZarkovski
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordmylar06 View Post
Would he be a character of interest or use for further fan works by Arseniy, Andrew, and Chris?
When you are the main author of the Forever War, but you are not even mentioned.

Okay, I'm not serious, no problem.

No, we currently have no plans to continue Baxter's story. Perhaps later.
Old 04-23-2024, 06:43 AM   #57
Lordmylar06
Stone Warrior

Quote:
When you are the main author of the Forever War, but you are not even mentioned.

Okay, I'm not serious, no problem.

Apologies! I didn't mean to exclude you!
Thanks for the answer!
Lordmylar06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2024, 11:41 AM   #58
Demon-Alukard
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by mart43 View Post
Okay, but still can you identify this person from the archieverse?
As I already said above, just a random guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordmylar06 View Post
Regarding Baxter-
Quote:
But that doesn't mean we forgot about Baxter-- maybe, you'll see him sooner than you expect.
Demon-Alukard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2024, 07:27 PM   #59
shinycloudkid
Mouser

Final thoughts

So, now that I've had some time to digest, I wanted to jump back on the forum and thank the team for putting this product together. I cant stress enough what a moment this was for me. To be able to take this trip back to childhood and see where things were going to end up in this story, even if partially from a different creative team.

I wrote in earlier about how high my expectations were, and honestly after going through the new art from Chris Allan and reading this and Odyssey, I just couldn't be happier with everything.

The wraparound covers / art are pretty much the posters that 8 year old me would have dreamed of having hung up in his room all those years ago.

My collection/shrine finally feels complete! (Sorry, the images are huge and I don't know how to resize. This link is a bit easier on the eyes. https://imgur.com/a/1dYcMVR)
Spoiler:

I think the only thing I want, as a complete childhood fantasy, that I feel like this book sort of opens the door to the possibility for... (in my headcannon )
Spoiler:

I know this is a story of time travel really, but at the same time, it feels like additionally a story of "alternate realities". The effects of messing with time. The death of the Mutanimals and the end of Raphael/Ninjara really bummed me out as a kid as I was all about this series growing up. With Raphael being my favorite turtle, and the Mutanimals being such a big part of the series (And not knowing the reason for their deaths in my childhood ignorance) I always sort of hoped and expected all that to... Be "undone" by the end of the series? But, since the Mutanimals were a passion project that got scrapped by executives, and Ninjara was planned for a spinoff, those things never came to fruition. So maybe I'll plot out a commission for Mr Allan (If he is still accepting them after all these years of TMNT) for a final image of these "alternate reality" Umeko and the Mutanimals coming though the time portal to the cannon Archie reality. (I know that this doesn't line up, plot wise since this alternate reality is, in essence, undone with the events of the story. (I think? ) I just thought it would make for a fun poster image. Like the main turtle cast, future and present setting up a surprise party in the lair with a banner that says like "Welcome home" or something corny like that, then the "alternate reality" kids sort of, hesitantly walking through the portal. I dunno, the image in my head makes me smile )

Well, this has gotten quite long, but I had to make sure that I got it all out there and thank you guys again. Loved everything you guys did. Amazing work and totally worth backing the project all those years ago.

Well done.
shinycloudkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2024, 07:03 AM   #60
bjaxx87
Foot Soldier

I gotta admit, I never read a single issue of Archie TMNT, but I heard stories about the "lost" Forever War since my earliest TMNT-comic-collecting-days, so I just needed to jump aboard.

It's an impressive piece of work and a very fun time travel story. Especially the first 2 chapters gave me strong Back to the Future vibes, but the transition to the "new" stuff was also very smooth and everything felt coherent. I enjoyed how dangerous that no-bull$hit-Shredder felt who learned from every single mistake he ever made and simply got rid of all his deadweight. All the stuff that happened to Shredder after The Forever War left me a bit confused, but that's to be expected since I lack too much knowledge.

As a non-Archie TMNT fan I sometimes got a bit irritated when the turtles started talking like some Fred Wolf goofballs while a lot of serious stuff was happening around them, but I guess that's part of the appeal of Archie TMNT. I pre-ordered the first new omnibus and look forward to read the rest of the series. I'll absolutely re-read the Forever War once I'm through.

Thank you to everyone involved, you created a true labor of love and a big part of TMNT history!