The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 08-20-2015, 12:11 PM   #81
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

One of the very few things that were given a negative reaction was Daredevil's costume. Apparently, there is an attempt to fix that.
http://www.comicbookresources.com/ar...devil-season-2
Old 08-20-2015, 12:50 PM   #82
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
One of the very few things that were given a negative reaction was Daredevil's costume. Apparently, there is an attempt to fix that.
http://www.comicbookresources.com/ar...devil-season-2
I know I personally disliked his red costume. Looked kinda stupid to me. I probably wouldn't noticed if I hadn't spent the previous 11 hours watching him in that absolutely BADASS black suit. Man I loved that.
Old 08-20-2015, 12:56 PM   #83
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
I know I personally disliked his red costume. Looked kinda stupid to me. I probably wouldn't noticed if I hadn't spent the previous 11 hours watching him in that absolutely BADASS black suit. Man I loved that.
Would he be Daredevil or The Man In The Mask though? I was waiting for the costume after the first episode and honestly thought it was dragged out a bit too much. Did Daredevil wear something like that before his yellow costume? Batman retroactively did for the first few weeks out playing vigilante.
Old 08-20-2015, 12:56 PM   #84
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

What looks cool on the page very seldom looks cool in person, and the Red Suit from the end of Dare Devil is further support to that.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 12:57 PM   #85
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

I thought the red suit was pretty cool looking, we spent way too long seeing the "year one" make-shift outfit. Don't really see a need to fix it up for season 2.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 01:17 PM   #86
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Would he be Daredevil or The Man In The Mask though? I was waiting for the costume after the first episode and honestly thought it was dragged out a bit too much. Did Daredevil wear something like that before his yellow costume? Batman retroactively did for the first few weeks out playing vigilante.
I'll give you that. I prefer that black suit, but it isn't very Daredevil-ish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
What looks cool on the page very seldom looks cool in person, and the Red Suit from the end of Dare Devil is further support to that.
Agreed.
Old 08-20-2015, 02:22 PM   #87
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

Quote:
The black suit he wore in the show was based off an early costume he wore from "The Man without Fear" mini series by Frank Miller

TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 09:38 AM   #88
JakeSully
Banned

Bring on the Punisher, i can't wait to see him on the show.
JakeSully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 09:48 AM   #89
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Reading this thread, I have an overwhelming urge to listen to Rob Zombie and Evanescence.
Old 08-21-2015, 10:15 AM   #90
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Reading this thread, I have an overwhelming urge to listen to Rob Zombie and Evanescence.
Not familiar with Rob Zombie, but I can see Evanscence's My Immortal playing at Ben's funeral.

Sound of Silence from Simon and Garfunkel and I am sure REM's Everybody Hurts and Losing My Religion would fit into it somewhere as well.

Why don't you come up with a album list for the season? What would work best, huh?
Old 08-21-2015, 10:37 AM   #91
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Not familiar with Rob Zombie, but I can see Evanscence's My Immortal playing at Ben's funeral.

Sound of Silence from Simon and Garfunkel and I am sure REM's Everybody Hurts and Losing My Religion would fit into it somewhere as well.

Why don't you come up with a album list for the season? What would work best, huh?
Both Rob Zombie and Evanescence featured on the Fox Daredevil movie. Pretty good soundtrack, just a terrible movie compared to the Netflix series.
Old 08-21-2015, 10:51 AM   #92
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Both Rob Zombie and Evanescence featured on the Fox Daredevil movie. Pretty good soundtrack, just a terrible movie compared to the Netflix series.
I have never seen it. Mainly because I will see any TMNT, Batman, and Spider-Man film and I am selective which superhero films I see other than the above three franchises. Besides no disrespect to Michael Clark Duncan it just did not seem like Kingpin to me. I am actually watching Daredevil for Vincent D'Onofrio's Kingpin.

Evanescence has this unique depressing yet pop sound. It just works somehow. The group is definitely perfect for the traditional darker Daredevil. I thought you would have fun coming up with tracks to match Netflix's Daredevil.

Last edited by MikeandRaph87; 08-21-2015 at 11:03 AM.
MikeandRaph87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 11:08 AM   #93
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
I have never seen it. Mainly because I will see any TMNT, Batman, and Spider-Man film and I am selective which superhero films I see other than the above three franchises. Besides no disrespect to Michael Clark Duncan it just did not seem like Kingpin to me. I am actually watching Daredevil for Vincent D'Onofrio's Kingpin.

Evanescence has this unique depressing yet pop sound. It just works somehow. The group is definitely perfect for the traditional darker Daredevil. I thought you would have fun coming up with tracks to match Netflix's Daredevil.
The film was okay, but I saw the director's cut which most people admit is actually decent. Not great or even good, but passable.

Honestly, except for a few movies, I'm much more about the film score than the soundtrack. Far too often, having lyrical songs in a film underlying scenes just takes me out of the film a little bit. But the Rob Zombie song in Daredevil actually went really well with the fight sequence. Very sarcastic: "Perfect Day" while Elektra's dad is getting slaughtered by Bullseye.
Old 08-21-2015, 11:28 AM   #94
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
The film was okay, but I saw the director's cut which most people admit is actually decent. Not great or even good, but passable.

Honestly, except for a few movies, I'm much more about the film score than the soundtrack. Far too often, having lyrical songs in a film underlying scenes just takes me out of the film a little bit. But the Rob Zombie song in Daredevil actually went really well with the fight sequence. Very sarcastic: "Perfect Day" while Elektra's dad is getting slaughtered by Bullseye.
I completely understand. Two movies in my preferences have a better soundtrack than script. Rocky 4, I love the soundtrack and workout to it. The movie is Cold War propaganda and my favorite character is used as fallen soldier instead of being laid up in the hospital so I don't really like the movie itself. There is also The Graduate, the movie either bores me or creeps me out until the terrific final ten minutes where it right itself, but the Simon and Garfunkel soundtrack? Amazing and better than the actual film. Some movies are forgettable but produce songs much more memorable like City of Angels is forgettable but Goo Good Dolls' signature song Iris is great and plays in regular rotation on the radio. Call Me by Blondie from American Gigolo, a movie I would not know if it was not known for this film which seems bigger than the film as time passed as another example. I am getting off topic, sorry.
Old 08-21-2015, 11:33 AM   #95
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

And it's been said to death already, but Vincent D'Onofrio's Kingpin was amazing. His "Good Samaritan" speech is just chilling.

If only Marvel had other multidimensional villains...
Old 08-21-2015, 11:41 AM   #96
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
And it's been said to death already, but Vincent D'Onofrio's Kingpin was amazing. His "Good Samaritan" speech is just chilling.

If only Marvel had other multidimensional villains...
That is a part of why I like Eddie Brock. He wants revenge and has a twisted code of justice as he attempts to obtain it. Norman Osborn has a similar approach to Kingpin and really would be repetitive unless he is set up as a business rival. Honestly though, if there is any Marvel villain I could never see again it would be The Green Goblin after the story being told and Webb dragging it through the mud so soon afterwards. Loki comes to mind in being multidimensional. Multidimensional villains, you know there should be a deal made with Sam Raimi to create that for Marvel's films. He took the mold of a comic villain and added so much more that may not have been the way the character was portrayed in the comic, but it made since in context of the film's story. I cannot think of anyone else who did that better than Raimi. Look at how far off Doc Ock was form his comic book self yet it is one of the best superhero films ever made!
Old 08-21-2015, 11:52 AM   #97
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
That is a part of why I like Eddie Brock. He wants revenge and has a twisted code of justice as he attempts to obtain it. Norman Osborn has a similar approach to Kingpin and really would be repetitive unless he is set up as a business rival. Honestly though, if there is any Marvel villain I could never see again it would be The Green Goblin after the story being told and Webb dragging it through the mud so soon afterwards. Loki comes to mind in being multidimensional. Multidimensional villains, you know there should be a deal made with Sam Raimi to create that for Marvel's films. He took the mold of a comic villain and added so much more that may not have been the way the character was portrayed in the comic, but it made since in context of the film's story. I cannot think of anyone else who did that better than Raimi. Look at how far off Doc Ock was form his comic book self yet it is one of the best superhero films ever made!
I haven't seen any of the Spiderman films yet, but casting DaFoe for Osborne... DaFoe is amazing.

I'd say Loki is only multidimensional because Tom Hiddleston is such a good actor. He's honestly not written that well, mainly because no MCU villain in a film has yet been written well. My opinion, anyway.

I'd say Christopher Nolan did an amazing job with his villains: every single one of them. I will even defend Talia and Bane against the haters.

In other news, still no news on a Daredevil Season 1 DVD release... by now, I'm assuming it'll release a month or two before Season 2 airs in April. Cannot wait... watching YouTube clips makes me want to marathon it again.
Old 08-21-2015, 12:05 PM   #98
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
I haven't seen any of the Spiderman films yet, but casting DaFoe for Osborne... DaFoe is amazing.

I'd say Loki is only multidimensional because Tom Hiddleston is such a good actor. He's honestly not written that well, mainly because no MCU villain in a film has yet been written well. My opinion, anyway.

I'd say Christopher Nolan did an amazing job with his villains: every single one of them. I will even defend Talia and Bane against the haters.

In other news, still no news on a Daredevil Season 1 DVD release... by now, I'm assuming it'll release a month or two before Season 2 airs in April. Cannot wait... watching YouTube clips makes me want to marathon it again.
Can you defend wasting Two Face?

As for the DVD release I was hoping it would be out by Christmas. I would like to pick it up myself.

Come to think of it Magneto is multidimensional, though I never have seen Ian McKellan's Magneto.

There are multidimensional villains out there its just the villains have yet to be portrayed on screen. Sinestro is multidimensional, but he was going shine that quality through in the sequel that never happened. Captain Cold is multidimensional, but he has yet to appear on the big screen. I bet Suicide Squad would do a good job of showcasing that given the premise and build for it. As shown with Doc Ock and Sandman in particular, while the actual characters are not multidimensional their portrayal in the films are so a villain can be made that way if written that way and the actor is able to tap that form the script.

You have got to see the first three Spider-Man films! They are much more amazing then Amazing Spider-Man. Great acting, great scripts, a little of everything in it. Studio meddling hurt the third one where the director wanted Sandman and the studio and fans wanted Venom and it got messy and Venom got rushed instead of held off for a fourth. Still though I urge you to buy the trilogy blindly and you will be glad you did!

I truly do not know Daredevil's foes beyond Bullseye and Stiltman so I will see them from scratch which gives me a unique perspective. I do wonder what dimensions can be added as we start getting different costumed criminals in each episode added with The Punisher and the side story of the season continuing the kill or no kill policy debate from the first season.
Old 08-21-2015, 12:17 PM   #99
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Can you defend wasting Two Face?
Yes. The character arc of Harvey Dent would have been wasted thematically had he survived. The whole concept of "die a hero, live long enough to see yourself become the villain" was the core of The Dark Knight and would have completely changed the ending. I think Harvey dying a villain and Bruce willingly taking on the public blame is a much more powerful ending than just seeing Harvey become a villain.

Quote:
Come to think of it Magneto is multidimensional, though I never have seen Ian McKellan's Magneto.
You should totally watch the original XMen trilogy. 1 and 3 are infuriating at times, X2 is great, but McKellan's Magneto and Romjin's Mystique (plus Cox's Stryker) make the movies.

And Magneto (Fassbender and McKellan) doesn't count as a MCU villain, unfortunately... he is absolutely multidimensional. General Stryker and Sabretooth were also really good villians in the X-Men movies, although not really multidimensional. But then, the Joker isn't multidimensional but he was an amazing villain.

The problem with MCU villains is that they are both one-dimensional and (alas) mostly boring.

Quote:
You have got to see the first three Spider-Man films! They are much more amazing then Amazing Spider-Man. Great acting, great scripts, a little of everything in it. Studio meddling hurt the third one where the director wanted Sandman and the studio and fans wanted Venom and it got messy and Venom got rushed instead of held off for a fourth. Still though I urge you to buy the trilogy blindly and you will be glad you did!
The problem is none of my friends who watch TV or movies with me are Spiderman fans and my wife is absolutely uninterested in him as well. I'm not interested enough to watch them on my own, so I'm basically hoping Civil War's portrayal will be enticing enough to give me enough motivation to watch the Raimi trilogy.

Quote:
I truly do not know Daredevil's foes beyond Bullseye and Stiltman so I will see them from scratch which gives me a unique perspective. I do wonder what dimensions can be added as we start getting different costumed criminals in each episode added with The Punisher and the side story of the season continuing the kill or no kill policy debate from the first season.
I'm only familiar with Kingpin, Elektra, and Bullseye. Punisher I'm also somewhat familiar with; I just didn't know he was a Daredevil villain. Very excited!
Old 08-21-2015, 12:26 PM   #100
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Yes. The character arc of Harvey Dent would have been wasted thematically had he survived. The whole concept of "die a hero, live long enough to see yourself become the villain" was the core of The Dark Knight and would have completely changed the ending. I think Harvey dying a villain and Bruce willingly taking on the public blame is a much more powerful ending than just seeing Harvey become a villain.

You should totally watch the original XMen trilogy. 1 and 3 are infuriating at times, X2 is great, but McKellan's Magneto and Romjin's Mystique (plus Cox's Stryker) make the movies.

And Magneto (Fassbender and McKellan) doesn't count as a MCU villain, unfortunately... he is absolutely multidimensional. General Stryker and Sabretooth were also really good villians in the X-Men movies, although not really multidimensional. But then, the Joker isn't multidimensional but he was an amazing villain.

The problem with MCU villains is that they are both one-dimensional and (alas) mostly boring.

The problem is none of my friends who watch TV or movies with me are Spiderman fans and my wife is absolutely uninterested in him as well. I'm not interested enough to watch them on my own, so I'm basically hoping Civil War's portrayal will be enticing enough to give me enough motivation to watch the Raimi trilogy.

I'm only familiar with Kingpin, Elektra, and Bullseye. Punisher I'm also somewhat familiar with; I just didn't know he was a Daredevil villain. Very excited!
We have to agree to disagree about Two Face. He was not given enough screen time as Two Face. Just for two scenes worth and that was it. Disappointing. All that build and not much pay off. Similar to how Venom was done. One thing I always liked about Two Face was he was married yet throwing in this triangle with Bruce and Rachel may add to this particular take I missed the angle from the comics.

The Punisher is not Daredevil's enemy. They are on opposite ends of the philosophical debate over whether one should kill the enemy and if so is just as bad as one they are attempting to stop. Matt realized this in 3pisode 9 when he went after Kingpin for the sole reason to kill him. He changed his mind after the encounter and talk with Foggy. Some heroes have no problem with killing(Wolverine, Wonder Woman) and while others do (Batman, Spider-Man, Superman). So there will be conflict but not because of The Punisher being a villain, he is an anti-hero. In the comics Punisher debuted in the pages of Amazing Spider-Man#129 and like Kingpin after a few appearances tended to find his story mesh more with Daredevil.

Tags
daredevil