The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 09-17-2018, 12:38 PM   #1
matteso586
Stone Warrior

The Remaining Dimensions in the Ten Dimensions

Binge watching 2k12 episodes on Nicktoons the past week got me thinking. What are the remaining dimensions like? I only counted these.

1. Mirage.
2. 1987.
3. 2012.
4. Usagi's world.
5. The Dream world.
6. The Neatherworld.
7. The spiritual plane from Vision Quest.
8. Dimension X.
matteso586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 09:36 PM   #2
miru
Mad Scientist

The 2003 series is probably one of them.
miru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 10:01 PM   #3
Ashwolf
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by miru View Post
The 2003 series is probably one of them.
Yeah, would like that but when i thought more about it there was a big flaw - unless there are 2 different versions of usagi's dimension, 03 wouldnt be counted in there cause usagi would mentioned the likeness from the 03 counterparts. Instead he acted like he had no prior knowledge of them which he wouldve known them somewhat if he knew the 03 counterparts....

Now, if they decide to expand it to more than 10 dimensions in future versions, would be more of a possibility.
Old 09-18-2018, 12:10 AM   #4
victory_angel
Foot Elite

I didn't count the vision quest things because that was more of a spiritual plane each of the turtles entered on their own journey. The astral plane is different form or reality.

A dimension is more like another universe where everything from one world exists in a different form. Or it has an aspect that is connected to the certain universe but has it's own thing.

For example, Usagi's universe has its own dimension because Usagi Yojimbo has been associated with Ninja Turtle. And the Turtles in the Usagi episode were summoned by Jei as being warriors of legend.

And Dimension X of course is it's own universe because of the Utrom from the Mirage comic books and 2k3 incarnation, but also 1987 Krang was from Dimension X.

the Turtles universe we do know for sure

Turtle Prime which would be the Mirage world-the root universe of the ten dimensions.

The 87 Universe

The 2012 universe

Usagi's universe

Dimension X

Supposed dimension

RPG Dimension/Video game Dimension- The Dream Beavers were based off the Terror Bears from the TMNT RPG. But we can also believe that this dimension would be associated with the games in general.

Movie verse-While each of the movie incarnations has their own universe I guess they have their own sub-dimensions for each movie.

Comic Book universe- Again would have sub-dimensions for various comic incarnations. So an Archie-universe and IDW Universe. Mirage would have its own separate universe since that started everything.

2k3 Universe-Never seen but likely there

Next Mutation Universe/Live action Turtles-Universe that has live action entertainment that isn't the movies.

Cowboys of Moo Mesa universe and Cerberus Universe-Probably associated in the same universe as Usagi.
Old 09-18-2018, 12:40 AM   #5
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

For some reason, I am inclined to believe that there is no such thing as the "2k3 turtle universe" or the "Live Action Movie Universe" among the Ten Dimensions since there is no indication of their existence in the show.

The Ten Dimensions I think might be:
1. 2k12 turtles universe
2. 80s turtles universe
3. Mirage Turtles universe
4. Dimension X
5. Usagi's Dimension
6. Hell
7. Mirage Usagi's world
8.OT Usagis world (since the 2k12 turtles meet the 80s turtles, who meet this guy. Of course, that could also be used as an arguement for the 2003 turtles, but I do not believe they met the 'real' 80s turtles who met the 2k12 ones. More on that for another topic).
9. Dimension Z
10. Dream Beavers Dimension or Heaven?

Either way, the Ten Dimensions might've likely just been just come up with by the writers to create a cool sounding title rather than actually logically fit in 10 distinct parallel universes.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 12:46 AM   #6
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

"10 Dimensions" is probably just easier to pop off than the dozens of others.

There's a reason why Shredder flipped and tried to destroy the multi-verse in Turtles Forever. It was a lame reason, but it's because there are far more than just 10.
Old 09-18-2018, 11:31 AM   #7
miru
Mad Scientist

The Ten Key Dimensions

Is the vision quest spiritual plane the same afterlife for good people Splinter mentions post-Mortem? And maybe the Battle Nexus is in there too.

Oh, going by what Ch’rell said, the 10 KEY dimensions are:

1. Turtle Prime (as seen in Turtles Forever)
2. Mirage
3. 1987
4. Archie
5. 90s films, Next Mutation, and 2007 movie
6. Image
7. Konami Games?
8. 2003
9. IDW
10. You Are Here

(the PD movies are not included. Let's never speak of them again.)

Last edited by miru; 09-19-2018 at 10:17 AM. Reason: elaboration
miru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 12:47 PM   #8
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Just 90s films or all films? The last films did get a nod (or more of a jab) a few times within 2012.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 02:48 PM   #9
miru
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Just 90s films or all films? The last films did get a nod (or more of a jab) a few times within 2012.
Just 90s ones. I guess TNM and 2007 movie are also part of it. The Baytles don't blip at all because they're horrible.
Old 09-18-2018, 04:00 PM   #10
victory_angel
Foot Elite

Quote:
Is the vision quest spiritual plane the same afterlife for good people Splinter mentions post-Mortem? And maybe the Battle Nexus is in there too.
I think the afterlife Splinter went to is the Buddhist version of the afterlife. The shinto version of the underworld everyone suffers equally both good and bad. In the Buddhist depiction it's a long journey of pain and judgment. And depending on how good you were in life, your journey will be far easier whereas if you were completely amoral you would suffer greatly. For example when one enters Meido after death they are dragged away by three Oni on a seven day journey. During said journey the corruptions of the living world appear as sword blades that pierce the traveling souls. They also get attacked by birds that taunt them and scream of them to hurry, then the last part of this seven day journey they reach a thorn covered mountain that is supposed to be a representation of the greed they had in life.

This finally gets them to the Sanzu River and the first of the five judges, Shinko Daiou who judges you based upon how much killing you did in life, down to every bug squashed or fish caught.

Once judged the soul is able to pay a toll of six Mon and cross. Depending on how benevolent the soul is, they would be able to cross a bridge or wade through a calmer portion of the river, while those who were wicked and cruel would be forced to swim across a treacherous part of the Sanzu river. Crossing this river takes another seven days.

In between each of the judges there are other trials and unpleasantness. Each of the judges also has the ability to send a soul directly to hell based on the gravity of their crimes.

The remaining judges faced are

Shokou Daiou- 14 days after death-Judges souls on how much they have stolen in life.

Soutei Daiou- 21 days after death- Judges souls based on their sins of lust they have had in life.

Gokan Daiou-28 days after death- Judges souls based off the lies they have told in life.

Enma Daiou-35 days after death- Judgment based off the findings of the other trials. He shows the soul a large mirror so they can see their lives reflected back at them with their sins and transgressions clearly marked. And that determines where the soul is ultimately sent.

Even after Enma there still judgement and trials but by that point the judgment a soul faces has already been determined and the remaining trials and judgments are just there to finalize it.
Old 09-18-2018, 04:16 PM   #11
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Just 90s ones. I guess TNM and 2007 movie are also part of it. The Baytles don't blip at all because they're horrible.
But Next Mutation is equally god awful in its own ways.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 06:50 PM   #12
Metalwolf
Mad Scientist

I have wondered if each show isn't it's own 'prime' universe, with each show having it's own varient of the 10 dimensions. It could be why Usagi or the 80's Turtles don't seem to mention any other times of meeting prior versions, because that version doesn't 'exist' in this 'new universe.'

One question though, when Ch'rell tried to enter the 'real world' (the dimension that had Eastman and Laird in it) does that 'exist' amoung the '10 dimensions?'
Metalwolf is offline   Reply With Quote