The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

View Poll Results: What is your ethnicity?
White, primarily 26 60.47%
African American, primarily 3 6.98%
Mixed (explain) 5 11.63%
Asian 1 2.33%
Middle Eastern 0 0%
Hispanic 7 16.28%
Other 1 2.33%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-19-2017, 07:18 PM   #25
Prowler
Emperor

Some people are just curious, I guess. It might contradict my love for History, but never particularly cared about my family's history beyond my grandparents. And since I'm not close to the father side of my family whoever my paternal great grandparents were is irrelevant to me tbh.

I don't know much about my family past a couple of generations or so and never bother to research it. I don't think it matters much once you go too deep, especially into relatives your parents didn't even meet. Who truly matters to me are the people who raised me/I grew up around. Those are my family. My parents, my brother and maybe my maternal grandmother are the only people I'd actually call "family". The rest don't mater to me. And if I had ancestors from another/other country/countries it wouldn't make a difference to me since they're not my culture. Not saying it's the case of anyone ITT but it's kinda funny when someone from the Americas/Australia/NZ claims to be Irish/French/German... and doesn't even know much about those places or their culture or speaks their language. If your father is Italian OK, but if your great great great grandfather was German and didn't pass any cultural traits down to your other relatives then meh.

It seems some people from the Americas get a bit "hurt" when they go to, let's say, Republic of Ireland and people don't care that their grandfather was Irish and just view them as "American/Canadian/Argentinian/wtv".

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
My curiosity was sparked, but not too much. For all I know my great grandpappy could have been part of The Great Train robbery of 1886, but it won't make a difference to me. Hell speaking of that, most of our ancestors are probably murderers or criminals, because that's how people lived back then.
If we go back 600 hundred years or so then definitely, but just about 100-150 years? Doubt there's any shady people in my family tree.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote