The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 02-13-2018, 09:58 PM   #41
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Counting his horror fetish, it's probably a good thing.

Executive meddling in shows can sometimes be a good thing, a nice balance usually gives the best results.
I can kinda hear it. Ciro saying 'but but but... I have 10 more horror themed episodes in mind!'

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 04:17 PM   #42
Metalwolf
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Which account for maybe about 0.5% of their ratings and 5% of toy sales. These cartoons are made or broken by whether or not the latest generation of millions of little kids care, not 30 or 40 year-olds. If they can squeeze in some adult stuff (and they will, because the people working on these are 30, 40 year-olds who were Turtle fans once) great, but that wouldn't remotely be a focus or even a required bullet point.
No offense, but what happens when some of these kids grow up and into adult TMNT fans? Will they be shoved aside too just like the previous generations were, to be told nut up and shut up when they inevitably complain that all there ever is of TMNT is kiddy fare? Because that's all we ever get given, to justify selling some (now) poorly made mass produced toys from China. Sure there's the comics, but do they compare to having voice acting, sound effects, and music go on right in front of your eyes?

Do you want to be told your fandom is worth less now that you are no longer a kid?
Metalwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 04:30 PM   #43
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalwolf View Post
No offense, but what happens when some of these kids grow up and into adult TMNT fans? Will they be shoved aside too just like the previous generations were, to be told nut up and shut up when they inevitably complain that all there ever is of TMNT is kiddy fare?
Yep!

Quote:
Sure there's the comics, but do they compare to having voice acting, sound effects, and music go on right in front of your eyes?
That depends who you ask and also comes down to personal taste. It also depends on what kind of comic we're talking about vs. what kind of cartoon we're talking about.

Quote:
Do you want to be told your fandom is worth less now that you are no longer a kid?
It's not about your stock in the fandom, its about the weight of your vote to TPTB with specific TMNT material that's still very much targeting 5 year-olds. Newsflash: its gone down about 50,000% since you were about 13 years-old.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 04:45 PM   #44
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatello19 View Post
People were freaking out before 2012 started too, once the show comes out I'm sure there will just be those who love it and those who are indifferent to it.
As I said before, I don't recall much of that before the Nickelodeon series began.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 08:20 AM   #45
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalwolf View Post

Isn't that already happening now? Please note how the Marvel and DC movies bring in people of all ages but the live action TMNT movies are packed with kids and the parents they dragged along with them.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Old 02-16-2018, 08:58 AM   #46
Wesley
Mad Scientist

I agree with what Andrew said. We already had three tmnt cartoons before now anyway. That’s more than enough for me.
Wesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 09:19 AM   #47
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Isn't that already happening now? Please note how the Marvel and DC movies bring in people of all ages but the live action TMNT movies are packed with kids and the parents they dragged along with them.
Which isn't really all that different from the reception the first live-action movie got.
I remember reading an article saying the opening weekend and total tallies for that movie would have been higher if the majority of the people going to see it weren't buying children's tickets but adult ones.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 02:17 PM   #48
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
Which isn't really all that different from the reception the first live-action movie got.
I remember reading an article saying the opening weekend and total tallies for that movie would have been higher if the majority of the people going to see it weren't buying children's tickets but adult ones.
So it'll always be viewed as a kiddy franchise and not as big of a deal as the next Marvel or Batman movie.

Old 02-16-2018, 02:25 PM   #49
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

Quote:
So it'll always be viewed as a kiddy franchise and not as big of a deal as the next Marvel or Batman movie.
I'd say it's not impossible for it to one day achieve Gravitas Status, but that it's not really all that probable.

The thing is, kiddie things can still be quality when treated with respect.
But someone's going to have to love the characters enough to let them be 3 dimensional first.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 05:48 AM   #50
Overlord

Can we get a "Rise of the TMNT" subforum this time?
Old 02-18-2018, 06:08 AM   #51
Vicky82
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
Can we get a "Rise of the TMNT" subforum this time?
It's Krang decision and he doesn't come on that much. So you have to wait patiently.

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 07:59 AM   #52
Metalwolf
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Which is ironic, considering the comic wasn't for kids. I think the Marvel and DC stuff is purposely meant to appeal to all ages, they have something for everyone and it's why they are often these big blockbusters. TMNT is still stuck in that old mentality of just trying to appeal to one demographic (kids) which ultimately hurts in the long run, because who wants to be involved in a kiddy franchise unless you are a parent or someone who has nostalgia for one of the older cartoons? Teenagers likely won't give a damn because it's kiddy stuff and most adults probably won't be bothering unless they have kids in tow. That's two demographics that will be skipping the movie, and they are the ones with the most disposable cash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
Which is likely what I think some folks like Andrew might not be getting. Making the franchise for everyone broadens it's appeal, allowing for more people getting invested and more time and money spent by producers trying to ensure that people will keep coming back (and thus longevity.) I don't mind stuff for kids, but if what the article is saying is true, they are actually losing money by failing to broaden their audience.
Metalwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 12:16 PM   #53
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82 View Post
It's Krang decision and he doesn't come on that much. So you have to wait patiently.
I've contacted Krang now.
Old 02-18-2018, 12:19 PM   #54
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Krang will make it whenever he comes back and we don't know. That's why I told people to have Krang make a forum for the anniversary of the site when he always shows up. People told me it was "too soon" but if it wasn't made then it wasn't going to be made for quite a while.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 11:35 PM   #55
Stugehen
Foot Soldier

Any one who likes more than one iteration has shown to be accepting of change because they are all fairly different. At the very least in design. A franchise like this has survived because of large groups of people liking it through multiple iterations. Not simply just new generations picking up where the others left off. The idea that creators do or should only care about a narrow target audience with no concern for any other demographic is silly. It’s obvious the most succesful franchises have mass appeal. They should continue to innovate each reiteration, but the noise so far has been negative. Remains to be seen how the show will turn out. It’s telling to me that the most hard core fans, I.e. the people who post here all the time, seem to be generally apathetic. At least there was some passion behind the hating on the PD stuff.
Stugehen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 01:19 AM   #56
shredder orokusaki
Mad Scientist

It is not kiddy. It was only the 1987 cartoon that was somehow more kid friendly but with how much violent i was even there i dont think so.. With all the horrible things i did in 2003 series like cutting Stockman eye legs and hand and then put his brain in jar, burning April home, killing millions.... Do you think that a show with a villian so evil like me is ok for kids? Or what about the fact that i killed Splinter and Tang Shen in the 2012 show? The reason some people think that Batman and Superman movies are morep popular than my movies is because Batman and Superman exists for 90+ yerars. But there are as many adults as kids watching my adventures fighting the turtles, iam sure of that.
If there a Batman or Superman movie with me as the main villian like the crossovers in IDW comics iam sure the cinemas will be full of adults. But it must be without the turtles. Just me and my henchmen fighting Batman and Superman. How awesome will that be?!

Tags
note to self