The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Rise of the TMNT Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2017, 05:57 PM   #281
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Other unresolved plots would be demutations. Baxter surprisingly was demutated,but what about Karai and Ice Cream Kitty? I feel like its left hanging and needs to be done. Karai might have a special mutation,but that still needs to be touched on. I also would like to see Chris Bradford revert to normal yet its not a loose plot thread like Timothy,Karai, and Ice Cream Kitty in that order.
Old 03-04-2017, 06:05 PM   #282
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldMutant View Post
[*]Curing Timothy[*]Newtrailizer's fate[*]Mrs. O'Neil (if Buried Secrets didn't resolve it, that is)
Well yes, these are the only ones, and I expect April's mother to be resolved, and maybe a quick montage de-mutating some old mutants. I do wonder why they never bothered to put Newtralizer in any of the Mona Lisa episodes.

Quote:
Mutagen canister spill of season 2 (there's still some out there)[*]Confirmation of the Kraang being turned back to Utrom/killed
None of these are loose plotlines. All the Season 2 mutants are a result of the missing canisters. Likewise I think we'll see the Kraang one last time in Season 5.
Old 03-04-2017, 06:06 PM   #283
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
Other unresolved plots would be demutations. Baxter surprisingly was demutated,but what about Karai and Ice Cream Kitty? I feel like its left hanging and needs to be done.
Why on earth would Ice Cream Kitty be demutated? How is that a plotline? Are you guys just looking for things to complain about now?
Old 03-04-2017, 07:29 PM   #284
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Kind of weird knowing we're getting a new TMNT show when this one still has an unaired season. I guess similar things have happened before with DC but still odd. Rather bitter sweet to know a show you wanted more is gone but you're getting a new season and a new show after it finishes.

Heck, could it be a relaunch? The OT and 2k3 both had relaunches around Season 6 as well. This could be the "red sky" or "Fast Forward"of the Nick show that takes the characters you love and gives them a completely different setting that polarizes the opinion of that season on the Drome. With the Platinum Dunes movies over we need a new reason to have Civil War on the baords.

I stopped watching the Nick show early S3 because of all the hiatuses and me not loving the show to stand the breaks and decided to just marathon the show once it was over. Random question, Was the Battle Nexus used/mentioned? It'd be such a shame if it wasn't.
Old 03-04-2017, 08:12 PM   #285
Powder
So tired of this place

It's not a relaunch, they confirmed that numerous times already.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Old 03-04-2017, 08:37 PM   #286
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
Other unresolved plots would be demutations. Baxter surprisingly was demutated,but what about Karai and Ice Cream Kitty? I feel like its left hanging and needs to be done. Karai might have a special mutation,but that still needs to be touched on. I also would like to see Chris Bradford revert to normal yet its not a loose plot thread like Timothy,Karai, and Ice Cream Kitty in that order.
You know, I never thought about ICK. I like her too much. lol She's more intelligent as a mutant and seems happy.

Didn't think much regarding Karai's mutation either, since she has control over it and her mind and seems Karai's never complained over it, so she may be done...unless she does complain about it during season 5.

Baxter, as we saw, hated his mutation, but apparently grew accustomed to it. The only henchmutants I could see wanting to be demutated at this point are Fishface and Bebop.

For me personally, I hope they do something on the Newtralizer (still surprised he wasn't mentioned during the space arc), the stuff regarding April's mother and hoping it involves Kurtzman, and hoping for the Cockroach Terminator to return in some way.
Old 03-04-2017, 08:53 PM   #287
CyberCubed
Overlord

Karai doesn't seem to care she's a mutant now that she can control it, so its probably something they won't bring up anymore.

But you know we've hit rock bottom when people think Ice Cream Kitty needs to be demutated like it's some kind of plot.
Old 03-04-2017, 09:55 PM   #288
Ashwolf
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Karai doesn't seem to care she's a mutant now that she can control it, so its probably something they won't bring up anymore.

But you know we've hit rock bottom when people think Ice Cream Kitty needs to be demutated like it's some kind of plot.
theres still those posts about kiba being her snake side and honestly, i think she doesnt have as much control over it as she makes it look like
Old 03-04-2017, 11:23 PM   #289
FlawedCoil82
Stone Warrior

Yea, I just remember what happened when the fantastic 2003 4Kids series switched to "Fast Forward" and "Back To The Sewers". I didn't like it...

Nothing about this encourages me. I quit on the FW cartoon because I felt it wasn't serious enough and had pathetic fight scenes. If this show is anything like that (or Teen Titans Go!) or even "Heroes In A Half Shell", then that will be my stepping off point and the turtles will officially only exist in the stellar IDW book.
Old 03-05-2017, 06:01 AM   #290
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlawedCoil82 View Post
If this show is anything like that (or Teen Titans Go!) or even "Heroes In A Half Shell", then that will be my stepping off point and the turtles will officially only exist in the stellar IDW book.
Hi Overexaggerative Edgelord, how are you and your niche comics?

TMNT will never be serious. Not even when it's trying to be. The sooner people grow up and realize that, the better off the fandom and the franchise will be.
Old 03-05-2017, 06:32 AM   #291
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post

I think most mutants wouldnt want to be demutated, Because they will turn back to regular animals, And Monkey Brains probably wouldn't want to turn back to human, Cause he would lose his psychic powers.

Last edited by TigerClaw; 03-05-2017 at 08:19 AM.
Old 03-05-2017, 06:44 AM   #292
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
Hi Overexaggerative Edgelord, how are you and your niche comics?

TMNT will never be serious. Not even when it's trying to be. The sooner people grow up and realize that, the better off the fandom and the franchise will be.
Niche? Well IDWs TMNT and its companion ongoing are the 2 best selling books for one of the biggest non-Marvel/DC publishers there is. Almost 6 years from its inception. Pretty much unheard of. So I'd say: not niche.

The cartoon-based/not serious/for children book sold poorly and is being cancelled after this Batman crossover.

But we all know how you like to ignore the sales figures. Let me guess, your little comic shop in Bumfu*k England only sells 2 copies a month. Truly empirical evidence.

Last edited by ToTheNines; 03-05-2017 at 06:52 AM.
Old 03-05-2017, 06:51 AM   #293
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
NIche? Well IDWs TMNT and its companion ongoing are the 2 best selling books for one of the biggest non-Marvel/DC publishers there is. Almost 6 years from its inception. Pretty much unheard of. So I'd say: not niche.

The cartoon-based/not serious/for children book sold poorly and is being cancelled after this Batman crossover.

But we all know how you like to ignore the sales figures. Let me guess, your little comic shop in Bumfu*k England only sells 2 copies a month. Truly empirical evidence.
Not to mention that, since region locking does not apply to comics, they're probably easier to find worldwide than DVDs of any TMNT show.
Hahahaha!
Old 03-05-2017, 06:56 AM   #294
Vicky82
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
Niche? Well IDWs TMNT and its companion ongoing are the 2 best selling books for one of the biggest non-Marvel/DC publishers there is. Almost 6 years from its inception. Pretty much unheard of. So I'd say: not niche.

I actually choked on my drink reading that. think my ****** town should be renamed to Bumfu*K .

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
Not to mention that, since region locking does not apply to comics, they're probably easier to find worldwide than DVDs of any TMNT show.
I get my IDW comics from ITunes and when they are on trade paperback I get them from Amazon.

Old 03-05-2017, 10:44 AM   #295
sdp
Megan Fox = April

We need a new forum for RotTMNT so we can fill it with baseless speculation and not fill the last year and a half of activity the Nick show will have with Rise threads before the Nick show becomes a barren wasteland like the 2k3 forum did.
Old 03-05-2017, 11:31 AM   #296
CyberCubed
Overlord

It's too early for that, maybe a forum next year when we get information or closer to the show.

Also the IDW comics are barely "edgy" outside of some small moments here and there. It's basically the same content you'd see in a PG-13 movie at most, it's basically an action comic.
Old 03-05-2017, 11:58 AM   #297
snake
Disgusting

Implying Krang will return to make a new section.
Old 03-05-2017, 12:05 PM   #298
Bry
So Long, Stinktown!

This "edgelord" **** is getting tiresome. Even the Mirage comics had a sense of humour and plenty of goofy/silly stuff throughout. They just also had mature plotlines and ninja-style violence when the story called for it. Hell, they could even have both in the same story at times! It's this little thing called a "balance".

As annoying as "everything has to be serious and edgy" can be, the opposite (acting like purely FW-style goofy/silly is the only way to handle this property) is equally annoying. And idiotic. TMNT can be more than one thing, even at the same time. In fact, for a lot of people, it works best when it's got elements of both. Saying it can only be one or the other is short-sighted and dumb -- it's not black and white, one or the other. There can be shades in between. It's usually more interesting that way.

Last edited by Bry; 03-05-2017 at 12:10 PM.
Old 03-05-2017, 12:13 PM   #299
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bry View Post
This "edgelord" **** is getting tiresome. Even the Mirage comics had a sense of humour and plenty of goofy/silly stuff throughout. They just also had mature plotlines and ninja-style violence when the story called for it. Hell, they could even have both in the same story at times! It's this little thing called a "balance".

As annoying as "everything has to be serious and edgy" can be, the opposite (acting like purely FW-style goofy/silly is the only way to handle this property) is equally annoying. And idiotic. TMNT can be more than one thing, even at the same time. In fact, for a lot of people, it works best when it's got elements of both. Saying it can only be one or the other is short-sighted and dumb -- it's not black and white, one or the other. There can be shades in between. It's usually more interesting that way.
This. Sounds a lot like he's never even read them.
Old 03-05-2017, 12:28 PM   #300
Harukuro
Foot Soldier

I gotta say, this is the fastest turn around I've seen for a reboot since the Spider-Man films. And considering that animated series take years of development and production before getting released, you know they were working on both series at the same time at some point; pretty harsh.

My major hope is that it will be a legit reboot; the 2k12 team had their chance at TMNT so it would be good to see a different team's interpretation.

Smaller things I really hope for:

- The writers treat women characters with respect and not simply as love interests

- Less "throw in all of the TMNT characters and the kitchen sink in the show and do nothing with them" and more "introduce characters as necessary and actually have them contribute to the plot"

Which were my two major gripes with the 2k12 series so I hope they don't repeat those problems in this upcoming show.

Also, all the emphasis on mystical ninja powers in the show description makes me think of Venus de Milo...but I really doubt they will re-introduce her considering the large amount of hate directed towards her if you even mention her to some TMNT fans.
"But before I go, I want you to know, Mikey, you have always been - and will always be - my hero. Farewell, my friend." - Slash (TMNT IDW #54)

Hoping that IDW Slash will finally be happy
Closed Thread

Tags
2018, rise of the tmnt, speculation, we're crimefighters