Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Rise of the TMNT Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-10-2018, 07:52 PM   #3661
Xiewin
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Not to be "that person"... but maybe Leo haters dislikers (or at least couldn't-care-less-ers) involved... >.> I mean, thinking you're clever with the whole "Raph is leader; Leo has to earn it thing" is one thing, but unnecessarily removing Leo from being oldest (and this other crud)... come on, that's just purposely trying to knock him down a few pegs just because. Like deciding Raph isn't the tough muscle anymore, Donnie isn't the brains, or Mikey isn't the loveable, warm hearted youngest... I can't imagine anyone dreaming of removing those parts of them the way they've altered Leo. (Can you imagine how hard the crap would hit the fan if Raph was just some little sissy instead? lol And maybe youngest? The figurative fan would be shattered into a thousand pieces.)

Alternate theory, which I think may be more to the truth... it's simple minded thinking. "Raph should be a snapper! Snapping turtles are big and tough! Big and tough means oldest! And being leader!"
I can understand the frustration behind that too. For me personally, I was interested in the "what if" in this interpretation. Who is Leo without the pressures of leadership, and what would Raph be like as leader? It goes against both of their characters and I'll admit I didn't really like it at first. But then I kind of grown to give it a chance to see how it turns out. But with this new (possible?) information, If Leo has to earn leadership position and will soon become the leader, then why make Raphael the oldest one and the leader at least for now? It makes no sense lol. People tend to like and dislike certain things. I'm sure there are some people who would be fine with changing the other turtles and some won't.

Last edited by Xiewin; 03-10-2018 at 08:33 PM.
Old 03-10-2018, 08:08 PM   #3662
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82

April: “The Street-Smart Best Friend”

April is a true New Yorker and a real firecracker: upbeat, wisecracking, and confident. As the Turtles’ only ally, she loves them like brothers—and along with her pet, Mayhem, joins them on all their epic adventures.

So, it seems like April will be their only ally, at least in the beginning. Also, it looks like her and Mayhem will be in nearly every episode.

In TMNT 2k12, she only appeared sporadically in-between certain episodes. So, I'm glad that she'll likely get more screen time.
Old 03-10-2018, 08:39 PM   #3663
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Sporadically? I thought it was a complaint with 2012 that April was far often too involved, more-so than what many people liked?

Who's placing bets that this cat thing pet talks...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiewin View Post
I can understand the frustration behind that too. For me personally, I was interested in the "what if" in this interpretation. Who is Leo without the pressures of leadership, and what would Raph be like as leader? It goes against both of their characters and I'll admit I didn't really like it at first. But then I kind of grown to give it a chance to see how it turns out. But with this new (possible?) information, If Leo has to earn leadership position and will soon become the leader, then why make Raphael the oldest one and the leader at least for now? It makes no sense lol. People tend to like and dislike certain things. I'm sure there are some people who would be fine with changing the other turtles and some won't.
Yeah, any way it's looked at, it's like someone's going to lose in this plot for purpose of a "fresh and new" take... Either Leo doesn't get to be Leo, or Raph is thrown under the bus (or both). Nice. Still, I'm curious to see how it really all goes down...
Old 03-10-2018, 09:00 PM   #3664
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

Quote:
Sporadically? I thought it was a complaint with 2012 that April was far often too involved, more-so than what many people liked?
I don't think I've seen/heard anyone complain about the amount of appearances that April had in TMNT 2k12.

Quote:
Who's placing bets that this cat thing pet talks...?
Is there any reason to think that Mayhem will talk?

Quote:
Yeah, any way it's looked at, it's like someone's going to lose in this plot for purpose of a "fresh and new" take... Either Leo doesn't get to be Leo, or Raph is thrown under the bus (or both). Nice. Still, I'm curious to see how it really all goes down...
We're only going off our own, semi-info based speculations.

Story-wise, only very little has been confirmed.
Old 03-10-2018, 10:52 PM   #3665
Xav
Foot Elite

Quote:
Like deciding Raph isn't the tough muscle anymore, Donnie isn't the brains, or Mikey isn't the loveable, warm hearted youngest... I can't imagine anyone dreaming of removing those parts of them the way they've altered Leo.
You mean like making Raph The Witty Voice of the Turtles or Mikey The Wild & Crazy Turtle and second oldest?
Old 03-10-2018, 11:01 PM   #3666
Coola Yagami
Overlord

It does always seem that Leo gets the most character development in the other series. I do agree, if they do go with the 'Leo will grow into the leader role' part, they better not forget to make the other turtles as characters grow as well.

They also better not suddenly forget Leo's character traits just because he'll be leader in season 2 or whatever. Just because he takes charge, it doesn't mean he still can't be a prankster and a showboater, like they want to make him now. It's not like we expect Raph to suddenly stop being a bruiser with a temper just because he stepped down from being the leader.

Honestly if the show is going to be 11 minute romps that will either deal with action or slice of life shenanigans, there isn't much room for all of this deep character portrayal anyway.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Old 03-11-2018, 12:40 AM   #3667
Shellington
Foot Soldier

https://twitter.com/TMNTfan86/status/965281601163874308

Voice clips of the Turtles, April and Splinter.

I can hear the black in Raph and Mikey's voice. With Raph it's okay, with Mikey it sounds too much "smartass black dude". Everyone else sounds on point IMO.
"And we're teenagers." Mikey, the Teenager
Old 03-11-2018, 12:44 AM   #3668
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Love the voice clips, Donatello and Leonardo are my favourite. And I called it, Eric Bauza totally sounds like himself as Tiger Claw, just a pitch higher.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
Old 03-11-2018, 01:03 AM   #3669
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papenbrook View Post
So, it seems like April will be their only ally, at least in the beginning. Also, it looks like her and Mayhem will be in nearly every episode.

In TMNT 2k12, she only appeared sporadically in-between certain episodes. So, I'm glad that she'll likely get more screen time.
I know IMDB isn't always correct but it says she was in 93 eps, out of 124 that's pretty good, with the turtles being the main 4 characters you'd expect eps with just them sometimes. We see things differently depending on our interest in a character though.

I wonder if her role will be close to them to start this time or whether they be-friend her as usual.

Last edited by newfan; 03-11-2018 at 01:25 AM.
Old 03-11-2018, 01:10 AM   #3670
victory_angel
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiewin View Post
I remember watching Bleach and there is an episode in the first season where Ichigo is protecting his younger sisters from a monster. In doing this he says “Do you know why big brothers are born first? It’s so they can protect the younger siblings that come after!”

In every iteration no matter how old Raph may be in the continuity be it second oldest like most incarnations, third oldest in the case of the IDW, or absolute eldest in the case of this incarnation. Raph is the protector of the group.

Even in his Fred Wolf incarnation when he was more of a wise cracker then a skull cracker, he still put the lives of others, particularly friends and family before his own. Such as the episodes where Splinter gets temporary amnesia and then when Donatello tells his companions to get Splinter to the lair and create and antidote while he holds off the Shredder and his goons. Raphael responds by saying “You’re the one who is an expert in that kind of thing, I’ll stay and hold them off.” And when one of his friends is absent or injured he does make note of it such as when he nearly crys when they all think Michelangelo was killed in the first season. Or when Donatello is absent during a moment where they cheer with a “Go awesome foursome” and then Raphael adds “Minus one”

So having him be the oldest he would still be in the protector role. Yes, he is self appointed as leader. And this self appointment could just be due to him being the oldest and biggest brother. So he feels being leader is how he can protect his younger siblings. Where as Leo much like Raph in the previous version equates leadership as having your own way. And as such both learn a hard lesson

For Raph, it would be learning that leadership isn’t just protecting those around you and going in fists blazing. It’s caculating the situation and seeing where the risks are before acting

Where as for Leo could learn that leadership is not imposing your will on others, but offering an example for others to follow and listening to the advice that is offered. Through those experiences, Leo would be groomed for the leader he would one day become.

While Raph would accept that as the big brother of the group he can protect his siblings better by not saddling himself with leadership.
Old 03-11-2018, 01:33 AM   #3671
Powder
So tired of this place

I can't get over how many Bayturtle worshippers are absolutely losing their sh*t over these new turtles. The irony is off the charts.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Old 03-11-2018, 03:08 AM   #3672
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
I can't get over how many Bayturtle worshippers are absolutely losing their sh*t over these new turtles. The irony is off the charts.
Were they really worshippers of the PD films tho? Last time I remember, most casuals were like "Micheal Bay is ruining muh childhood!" Regardless, the rage is sad yet hilarious.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
Old 03-11-2018, 03:36 AM   #3673
Vicky82
Emperor

Old 03-11-2018, 05:49 AM   #3674
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellington View Post

I can hear the black in Raph and Mikey's voice. With Raph it's okay, with Mikey it sounds too much "smartass black dude". Everyone else sounds on point IMO.
Most of those were pretty short. The only one that told me anything about the character was Splinter, which gave me the vibe of "angry couch potato".

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
Were they really worshippers of the PD films tho? Last time I remember, most casuals were like "Micheal Bay is ruining muh childhood!" Regardless, the rage is sad yet hilarious.
Kind of a weird mixed bag honestly. First movie was largely hated. The second one had a some people gushing over it, for being fairly FW-esque in comparison to the first mind you, it certainly wasn't a good movie by any means.
Hahahaha!
Old 03-11-2018, 06:04 AM   #3675
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
First movie was largely hated.
Yeah, by people like us. Casuals on the other hand liked it, hence the sequel. & a lot of the people I see on IG throwing fits over Rise have oodles of Bayturtle pics on their profiles.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Old 03-11-2018, 06:15 AM   #3676
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellington View Post

It wouldn't play for me, so I couldn't listen.

Edit: Nevermind ...

Last edited by Papenbrook; 03-11-2018 at 08:39 AM.
Old 03-11-2018, 06:18 AM   #3677
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Yeah, by people like us. Casuals on the other hand liked it, hence the sequel.
In my experience the first one is hated by casuals, but they actually gave it a chance in hopes it'd be good.

It wasn't, but it made money off curiosity and nostalgia.

Then no one showed up for the sequel.
Old 03-11-2018, 10:49 AM   #3678
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krutch View Post
In my experience the first one is hated by casuals, but they actually gave it a chance in hopes it'd be good.

It wasn't, but it made money off curiosity and nostalgia.

Then no one showed up for the sequel.
This. Even i went to the theater out of morbid curiosity, but waited for Redbox for the sequel.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Old 03-11-2018, 10:58 AM   #3679
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
This. Even i went to the theater out of morbid curiosity, but waited for Redbox for the sequel.
Same.
Me and my 5th of vodka were at the first one, but I've still yet to see the second one.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
Old 03-11-2018, 11:41 AM   #3680
CyberCubed
Overlord

Both Raph and Mike are essentially black in this version, along with April. So we have two white Turtles (Leo and Don), and two black Turtles (Raph and Mike) because of the voice actors, so I suppose it's fitting.

I just wonder what Casey Jones will be when he shows up. For some reason I get the feeling he'll be hispanic this time around.
Closed Thread

Tags
2018, rise of the tmnt, speculation, we're crimefighters