The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 06-23-2018, 08:18 PM   #21
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

https://www.polygon.com/2018/6/23/17...rom-home-title

Spider-Man: Far From Home

What do you guys think, real title reveal or instagram shenanigans?
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 10:37 PM   #22
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProphetofGanja View Post
https://www.polygon.com/2018/6/23/17...rom-home-title

Spider-Man: Far From Home

What do you guys think, real title reveal or instagram shenanigans?
Shouldn't be. He should be back on Earth fighting Mysterio and Vulture.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 04:23 AM   #23
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Shouldn't be. He should be back on Earth fighting Mysterio and Vulture.
I don't think this implies he's off-world...if anything, this just verifies those leaks that the sequel will be a globe-trotter.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 01:51 AM   #24
Mayhem
Foot Elite

Who knows... presuming people come back when they undo Thanos' finger snap in the second half of Avengers, who's to say they don't reappear where they originally vanished from? Which means... Parker would come back on Titan.
Old 06-25-2018, 11:48 AM   #25
raph27
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
Who knows... presuming people come back when they undo Thanos' finger snap in the second half of Avengers, who's to say they don't reappear where they originally vanished from? Which means... Parker would come back on Titan.
I assume if/when that happens, Peter would find his way back to Earth during the rest of Avengers 4. This title is almost certainly referring to him going to a different country like we've been hearing rumors of.
raph27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 12:10 PM   #26
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Sounds other realm-y/outer spacey like Guardians of the Galaxy.

If it’s just another country he could just make an international call or send an email to Aunt May saying he’s fine.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 12:29 PM   #27
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

I'm smelling burning toast again...
Old 06-25-2018, 07:08 PM   #28
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
I'm smelling burning toast again...
You should go find an engineer to fix your lousy electrical appliance then.

Ain’t nobody got time to deal with your stupid kitchen malfunction.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 10:27 PM   #29
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

The Avengers 4 Trailers Are Going to Have a Weird Marketing Problem

Quote:
After the release of Avengers: Infinity War, everything about the Marvel Cinematic Universe was suddenly in question, with an obvious problem: How in the hell will Marvel market movies released in the future starring characters who Thanos seemingly snapped into oblivion?

This weekend, io9 finally sat down with Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige and got to ask him about this. We asked, straight up, could a character like Black Panther (who disappeared in Avengers: Infinity War) show up in the trailers for Avengers 4?

“No,” Feige told io9. “Because he’s gone.”

One can safely assume that goes for everyone who Thanos killed. So does that mean Marvel is going to release a movie that stars Chadwick Boseman, Chris Pratt, Benedict Cumberbatch, Paul Bettany, Sebastian Stan, Dave Bautista, and Tom Holland, but pretend they aren’t in it? Sounds like it.

Speaking of Holland, we then asked Feige about Spider-Man: Far From Home, the sequel to Homecoming, which will be released two months after Avengers 4. It has the same tricky issue, because Spider-Man was also snapped away by Thanos.

“Well, when does that movie take place?” Feige asked. “We know it’s the summer. I think it’s summer vacation. I think he’s going to Europe with his friends. I don’t know what summer... I mean, I do know [but you don’t].”

The suggestion that Far From Home could happen before Infinity War is a nice deflection, but ultimately is probably not true. What Feige forgot were his quotes from one year ago, when we spoke with him about Spider-Man: Homecoming:

“So much happens in [the third and fourth Avengers movies], as you can imagine, and so much is affected by it that we felt what better person to hold your hand and lead you into the next incarnation of the MCU, in a grounded, realistic manner, than Peter Parker?” Feige told io9 last year. “So, coming out two months after Untitled Avengers, [that’s what] much of what the next Spider-Man film will be about.”

“It was purposefully done like [that],” Feige continued last year. “Like how the events of Captain America: Civil War impacted Peter as he was dropped off by Tony and expected to go back to continue his sophomore year, how the hell are the events of Infinity War and Untitled [Avengers] going to affect him as he, yes, goes back to his junior year?”

So, though Feige joked this week that Far From Home may not take place after the events of Infinity War, it almost certainly does. And that means we still don’t know how that film will be marketed. However, Tom Holland’s tongue-in-cheek title reveal may offer a clue. In the video, he said “I’m a little confused [about Spider-Man 2] because I died so I don’t really know how it comes into play.” Maybe Marvel will just treat the whole thing with a great big shoulder shrug. Or, maybe Feige’s suggestion of a different timeline is the answer—and nothing in the trailer will confirm when the movie takes place.

Before Far From Home, though, audiences will see Ant-Man and the Wasp next week, then Captain Marvel in March 2019, followed by Avengers 4 in May. Feige thinks marketing for Avengers 4 is likely to start sometime in the fall or winter—and when it happens, it seems like anyone who died in Infinity War will not be a part of it. Though, Feige did leave open the possibility that could change by saying he isn’t sure of how it’s all going down. “We are working with the greatest marketing team in the world with Disney so I’m anxious to see how they start to put [the marketing] together,” Feige said.

You’ll get your first clues of what’s to come in Ant-Man and the Wasp, which opens July 6. More on that and from Feige soon.
Old 07-09-2018, 01:21 PM   #30
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

Anton Zeck/Bebop from the most recent TMNT TV series has joined the film.

https://deadline.com/2018/07/jb-smoo...al-1202423142/
ranger_scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 02:13 PM   #31
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Samuel L. Jackson and Cobie Smulders will appear as Nick Fury and Maria Hill

http://www.vulture.com/2018/08/spide...-smulders.html
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 08:19 AM   #32
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

https://www.google.com/amp/s/screenr...man-tease/amp/

Far From Home might be including Hydro-Man. The way we got Scorpion teased and a Tinkerer cameo in addition to Vulture playing villain A and Shocker villain B I fear Marvel may not have learned. Keep the villains down to two per film. After two Spider-Man films suffering from too many villains I hope its not the case unless its a single scene similar to the proposed Spider-Man 4 showing Mysterio and other villains in cameoes.
Old 09-30-2018, 06:48 PM   #33
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Set Video and first images of Jake Gyllenhaal as Mysterio
https://www.comicbookmovie.com/spide...sterio-a163822

Old 09-30-2018, 08:27 PM   #34
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Hyyyyyyype
Old 10-01-2018, 07:06 AM   #35
neatoman
Emperor

Where's the fishbowl?
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 11:47 AM   #36
Xav
Foot Elite

Maybe it's gonna be CGI'd later.
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 03:34 PM   #37
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xav View Post
Maybe it's gonna be CGI'd later.
Or maybe he's not wearing it between takes? But hopefully that helmet is in the movie. Anyways I hope they go nuts with the visual FX. Because Mysterio is all about that. Since he used to be someone who did visual FX for movies.

So I'm assuming he has tech that was stolen from Tony Stark. or some alien tech that was reverse engineered to create all those crazy visuals that Mysterio is known for.
Old 10-01-2018, 07:46 PM   #38
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
Or maybe he's not wearing it between takes? But hopefully that helmet is in the movie. Anyways I hope they go nuts with the visual FX. Because Mysterio is all about that. Since he used to be someone who did visual FX for movies.

So I'm assuming he has tech that was stolen from Tony Stark. or some alien tech that was reverse engineered to create all those crazy visuals that Mysterio is known for.
I'd prefer if it was already his own tech but he later uses alien/Stark/whatever else tech to enhance it. We need villains that bring new tech to the table and not just borrow pre-existing stuff.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 12:06 PM   #39
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

First images of Spider-Man's new suit. and it looks like the Superior Spider-Man suit.
https://www.comicbookmovie.com/spide...w-suit-a164074

Old 10-12-2018, 12:49 PM   #40
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
Where's the fishbowl?
This is the MCU. He'll wear it at the beginning of one scene and it'll be in the trailers, but then take it off and never see it again.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cybercubedmilfhunter, far from sjws, make it stop, marvel's crapshoot ideas, spider-cuck, spider-man