The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 08-18-2019, 04:02 PM   #41
mikey0
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoRaDoMic View Post
Nah, these don't cut it for me. Why nothing new, the same thing over and over again. I don't understand why a company is making these. The first line wasn't screenaccurate and now the are making basically the same figures which aren't screenaccurate at all but a little bit better then Playmates. Why?!

Neca FTW for me, at all points better and highly screenaccurate. I sold all my vintage TMNT figures to create space and money for the Neca figures. I only want one figure line (only the hard core) based on a show or movie. Diversity is key
The NECA 1990 figures in both scales are screen accurate, but the FW toon turtles, April, and Casey are not.
mikey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 04:05 PM   #42
mikey0
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
When Super7 announced TMNT figures, I was hoping for what Playmates could not deliver, proper Classics based of the vintage toyline like MOTUC. And this is it, ish... They are updated figures for the vintage line, but MOTUC gave us more and something at the time; modern. But I don't really know what could be "modern" here, I'm not a toy designer, but something is missing, maybe?

The price is steep, $45 for one figure is a lot, but I also PO'd Club Grayskull Shadow Weaver on BBTS for $49.99 so I guess I'm a part of the problem giving in to the prices. License (thanks playmates) and limited run will dictate the price, and honestly, these will probably be easier to get then the NECA Fred Wolf figures.

The sprue weapon rack is cute in the display stand, but if we're getting that at $45, we better get a second set of proper weapons that are also painted. Cutting out the weapons yourself for that price is ridiculous.

I do love that they fixed Raph's sai to look like real sai and not weird knives like the vintage figure was sporting, but the holsters are unchanged and look too big. Raph must have his sheath for the katar on his back ( can't find any pics of his back). Hopefully they can also fix Leo's swords to be a katana and a wakizashi, but I'm not holding my breath on that one.

Splinter is pretty rad, super weird seeing the 88 toy design with more articulation, but I love that look. Kinda wish his kimono was soft goods. Pretty neat he comes with multiple arrows and that pre-mutated turtle is the funnies looking turtle yet with it's demonic yellow eyes.

Never been too keen on the robotic mummy Foot Soldier, but this guy does look like the vintage figure with has a better look then the on-screen Foot and hopefully with the better articulation he can stand straight up and do ninja poses. It would be neat if the flail weapon actually had a bendy cord or something.

Baxter is pretty neat, looks just like the vintage figure, down to the fly smacker weapon and I adore the Mouser he comes with, which looks just like the Wacky Action wind-up Mouser. I need a 4-pack of those mousers.

I can't wait to see Shredder, hopefully he'll be fixed a bit so we don't have the goofy caterpillar eyebrows going over his helmet and properly under his helmet And I'm more excited for Rocksteady and Bebop based off the toys over the cartoon versions from NECA, and will April have the original 1988 headsculpt or the superior headsculpt that came with the orange and blue variant. As of now I'm fairly certain I'm in for Classics of the 1988 and 1989 basic figures. I would also love to see accessories based of the Gags, Jokes and Crazy Weapons sets.
The head sculpt for the Ultimate Foot Soldier is nothing like that of the 1988 Foot Soldier. The colors for the Ultimate Foot Soldier are accurate, but that’s it.

Has Super7 announced what characters will be in the second wave of their Ultimate TMNT toy line?
Old 08-18-2019, 04:18 PM   #43
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey0 View Post
The head sculpt for the Ultimate Foot Soldier is nothing like that of the 1988 Foot Soldier. The colors for the Ultimate Foot Soldier are accurate, but that’s it.
The sculpt is pretty close
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 04:19 PM   #44
LeoRaDoMic
Banned

Quote:
The NECA 1990 figures in both scales are screen accurate, but the FW toon turtles, April, and Casey are not.
I've got the SDCC Collectors Case versions. Those are accurate enough for me. Just like Bebop, Rocksteady, April and Casey. Leatherhead is looking amazing (toon version).

Yeah, the 1990 1:4 TMNT are the holy grail of my collection. I sold the 7" versions simply because they are the same but less impressive
LeoRaDoMic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 04:24 PM   #45
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Didn’t see this posted yet;

Wave 1 - October 2019
Wave 2 - March 2020
Wave 3 - June 2020
Wave 4 - September 2020
Wave 5 - December 2020

Assuming 4 figures per wave that’s 20 figures by the end of next year.
might be the 1988 and 1989 basic figures, that's 20

Spoiler:
Leonardo
Shredder
Donatello
Foot Soldier
Raphael
Bebop
Michaelangelo
Rocksteady
April O'Neil
Splinter
Ace Duck
Krang
Genghis Frog
Baxter Stockman
Casey Jones
Leatherhead
Metalhead
Rat King
Usagi Yojimbo
General Traag
Old 08-18-2019, 04:35 PM   #46
mikey0
Foot Elite

Quote:
The sculpt is pretty close
The 1988 Foot Soldier looks angrier than this Super7 version of the original Playmates figure does. The head sculpts for the other figures are 100 percent accurate enough for me.
Old 08-18-2019, 04:51 PM   #47
JonesyKitty
Mad Scientist

Quote:
I can't wait to see Shredder, hopefully he'll be fixed a bit so we don't have the goofy caterpillar eyebrows going over his helmet and properly under his helmet
I don't know, I kind of hope that they at least make his eyebrows bushy and visible, not over the helmet though haha.

Aside from a few, I honestly think I will stick to Neca. I'm at a point in my life where I only display one set of each. I have my Neca Mirage, 1990 and the cartoon set (with the exception of a few that are sentimental or Classic Collection Bebop and Rocksteady with the Neca toon turtles). I like what Super7 is doing but I honestly don't feel the need to buy slightly bigger and improved sculpts of Something I already own. To me, Raph's face and the Foots upright stance are really the only visible differences, and while they're cool I can't justify buying them for the price they are asking. I'll have to see what the rest of these look like before making any big decisions though.

If they release Shirtless Shredder and Casey and they look good enough I may go for them but aside from that the only one I'm really really wanting them to make would be Mondo Gecko.
JonesyKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 04:54 PM   #48
Dane E5R
Mad Scientist

Quote:
...Yeeeea, they are. 😳 NECA’s FW Shredder is the only one that isn’t screen accurate.
Dane E5R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 05:09 PM   #49
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonesyKitty View Post
I don't know, I kind of hope that they at least make his eyebrows bushy and visible, not over the helmet though haha.
A yeah, they can be bushy and proud, just not going over the helmet
Old 08-18-2019, 05:10 PM   #50
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane E5R View Post
...Yeeeea, they are. 😳 NECA’s FW Shredder is the only one that isn’t screen accurate.
They’re at least the closest we’ve gotten, but am I alone in feeling like we’ve yet to see “perfect” representations of the style we see in the Fred Wolf intro? I feel like that’s something I would still love to see.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 05:50 PM   #51
super curry max
Hench Mutant

Are really going to have tear the weapons off a spru.
Old 08-18-2019, 06:40 PM   #52
Dane E5R
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
They’re at least the closest we’ve gotten, but am I alone in feeling like we’ve yet to see “perfect” representations of the style we see in the Fred Wolf intro? I feel like that’s something I would still love to see.
I could agree with that. It appears to me that NECA sculpts from the original model sheets.
Dane E5R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 07:04 PM   #53
mikey0
Foot Elite

Quote:
The FW turtles do not show their bottom teeth [if any teeth at all] in the syndicated cartoon.
Old 08-18-2019, 07:05 PM   #54
mikey0
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
Classic Collection Michelangelo looks like Michelangelo did in the opening to the 1987 syndicated cartoon. The other Classic Collection figures and NECA 2 pack turtles do not.
Old 08-18-2019, 07:06 PM   #55
mikey0
Foot Elite

Quote:
I could agree with that. It appears to me that NECA sculpts from the original model sheets.
Not at all. I suggest you look at the original model sheets again.
Old 08-18-2019, 07:15 PM   #56
wpugh2424
Mad Scientist

I'm amazed with these!
I can't wait to see these in person
Old 08-18-2019, 07:50 PM   #57
Dane E5R
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Not at all. I suggest you look at the original model sheets again.
They definitely resemble the model sheets.

A4E828FC-3AEE-41FC-9872-C01443332DF3.jpg

97553D6B-B77C-4672-ABF5-E88D784D558F.jpg

69704FA3-8B9F-4BD5-A2CF-750A8FD9C83E.jpg

B2CCA476-E709-4F99-B9C0-B11C3F3570EE.jpg
Old 08-18-2019, 07:54 PM   #58
sdp
Megan Fox = April

$45? wow that's a lot. I'm not loving the turtles but I'll at least pick up one of them.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 10:24 PM   #59
mikey0
Foot Elite

Quote:
They definitely resemble the model sheets.

Attachment 12403

Attachment 12404

Attachment 12405

Attachment 12406
The teeth are not present in any of those model sheets you listed.
Old 08-18-2019, 11:06 PM   #60
Dane E5R
Mad Scientist

Quote:
The teeth are not present in any of those model sheets you listed.
These are the model sheets for the original mini-series. You specified yourself the syndicated version- That ain’t what we’re talking about. These resemble the original model sheets down the silhouette.

Also, for real? Dismissing them due to having bottom teeth is ridiculously nitpicky.