The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 09-29-2018, 12:12 PM   #1
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

6 Years of Nick Turtles

TMNT
‏Verified account @TMNT
2h2 hours ago

On this day 6 YEARS AGO, the 2012 #TMNT premiered on @Nickelodeon.

9/29/2012

This show also gave us the best version of splinter to date in my opinion the Hoon Lee one.
Old 09-29-2018, 01:46 PM   #2
CyberCubed
Overlord

Show ended too soon, it should have had at least 7 seasons. I bet they would have taken the show in a new direction had it gone on past season 5.

I hope the series is revisited with a movie or special at some point, and from the sounds of things maybe it'll happen.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2018, 01:52 PM   #3
ABrown
Banned

And as I've stated several times over the last six years, that date is incorrect:

"This episode originally aired as a "Series Preview" on Friday, September 28, 2012 at 8:00pm (ET) on Nickelodeon. The episode premiered in its official time slot, Saturdays at 11:00am (ET), the following morning along with the second episode "Rise of the Turtles, Part 2"." - http://turtlepedia.wikia.com/wiki/Ri...urtles,_Part_1

I remember watching the premiere on a Friday night (which was the 9/28/12).
ABrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2018, 01:52 PM   #4
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Show ended too soon, it should have had at least 7 seasons.

Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2018, 01:53 PM   #5
CyberCubed
Overlord

It's a shame the show only has 124 episodes, when 2k3 has 156 episodes and a movie, and the original cartoon has 193 episodes.

TMNT is a show where having the more episodes, the better.
Old 09-29-2018, 01:57 PM   #6
ABrown
Banned

Quote:
It's a shame the show only has 124 episodes, when 2k3 has 156 episodes and a movie, and the original cartoon has 193 episodes.

Quit whining. TMNT fans have it great compared to some other franchises. Look at what He-Man or Thundercats fans have. You want to talk about shows that could have gone more episodes. The 2002 He-Man went for 2 seasons/39 episodes. And the 2011 Thundercats had one 26 episode season.
ABrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2018, 02:24 PM   #7
CyberCubed
Overlord

If it was up to me, every TMNT cartoon would last 200 episodes at the bare minimum. If we're pushing it maybe even 250 episodes.

TMNT isn't like other cartoons, that's why TMNT always have the longest lasting action cartoons in existence. I'm not sure if Rise will last a long time, but at least the first 3 cartoons did.
Old 09-29-2018, 02:33 PM   #8
neatoman
Emperor

Oh come on. All three completed TMNT cartoon have more episodes than any of the nine Spider-Man cartoons, four Fantastic Four cartoons, three Hulk cartoons, four X-Men cartoons, six (seven? eight?) Batman cartoons or four Superman cartoons.

For something that started out as an indy comic, that's really impressive.
Hahahaha!
Old 09-29-2018, 02:38 PM   #9
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

just put the 2012 series on blu ray that's all I want.
Old 09-29-2018, 02:49 PM   #10
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Part one of the first episode aired on Friday 28 September 2012, part 2 the upcoming day

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/showat...tles/listings/
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2018, 05:41 PM   #11
The Great Saiyaman
Stone Warrior

Two years ago, I was involved in an accident which destroyed my shoulder and because I had to stop working because of that I spend a lot of time watching TV which is how I discovered the Nick version of TMNT.

It was the second season they were repeating and I was blown away by the story lines and how dark it sometimes got. I had the same feeling with watching it as I had when I discovered "Avatar, the last airbender"

The only thing I didn't like is that it was dubbed over in Dutch and that a lot of voice acting was pretty lousy and after I discovered the original English spoken version I also found a lot of translation errors.

So I decided to buy the box set of the first season and go from there. Always watching the episodes in English because that was the language in which it was recorded.

What I love about the series in full, are all of the Easter eggs, I have been collecting the IDW reissues of the Mirage comics and I saw a lot of that coming back in the series.

I have since started a fan comic called "Karai versus Karai" in which the 2012 Karai faces her IDW series Counterpart. Which was inspired by the whole premise of the "Transdimensional Turtles" story line. I had a field day displaying all versions of Karai in one story.

I'm going to miss this series, it was a lot of fun.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Karai 2.jpg (108.5 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg Karai 18.jpg (105.2 KB, 10 views)
The Great Saiyaman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2018, 09:02 AM   #12
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Quote:

But it seems we're getting less and less episodes for each cartoon (no matter what fans in general think about that).
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2018, 12:34 PM   #13
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
But it seems we're getting less and less episodes for each cartoon (no matter what fans in general think about that).
Yeah... And? Does that really matter? Going from 193 to 156 to 124 still means more episodes on average than most other franchises, even if we are getting fewer episodes per show.

Remember how I mention Spider-Man? The avarage episode count for a Spider-Man cartoon is 40, 73 if we only pick the 3 longest. For TMNT it's 157.
Hahahaha!
Old 09-30-2018, 01:03 PM   #14
Aaronardo
Mad Scientist

Quality over quantity, folks. This show's story ended on a pretty satisfying note. If you ask me it could've stood to be even shorter.
"The Biosites have almost finished healing my flesh." - Shredder
"Because we're takin' the heart and you're goin' to jail!" - Donatello
Aaronardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2018, 02:57 PM   #15
newfan
Mad Scientist

I wasn't quite done with this show, while I wouldn't want it dragged out forever I would have liked a little more. Still, glad we got 5 seasons, they could have decided to end when the main story was done so there's that.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2018, 03:20 PM   #16
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronardo View Post
This show's story ended on a pretty satisfying note.
What do you count as the ending? The Turtles being vrusty old men who hang out at an oasis in the middle of a radioactive wasteland, or Fred Wolf's Bebop doing a humping dance?
Hahahaha!
Old 09-30-2018, 04:52 PM   #17
Icebot
Foot Elite

This anniversary reminds me more of the show’s premiere than any other one so far because September 28 was on a Friday this year, the 29th Saturday and 30th Sunday. Those days of the week helped make it feel like I was living those days all over again from 2012 since they were on those days of the week then.
Icebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2018, 05:19 PM   #18
sdp
-

I saw this yesterday and it made me feel so old, it's semi-recent stuff like this that makes me feel old, not so much the "DID YOU KNOW THE OT WAS RELEASED 30 YEARS AGO", that makes sense since it feels like a long ass time ago but this still feels recent and it hurts ;p
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2018, 07:24 PM   #19
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

This show ended too soon. Because this show was pushing boundaries on what they can show in a Kids Network. And Nickelodeon wanted TMNT to be more family friendly.

Last edited by TigerClaw; 09-30-2018 at 08:56 PM.
TigerClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2018, 08:24 PM   #20
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
What do you count as the ending? The Turtles being vrusty old men who hang out at an oasis in the middle of a radioactive wasteland, or Fred Wolf's Bebop doing a humping dance?
Its the former thats the true ending, no doubt about it.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
passage of time, timelords ponder