The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > Announcement Forums > The Technodrome News

Notices

Old 03-20-2007, 12:40 AM   #1
Shredder
Admin/Layton Apprentice

Dreamworks Animators to Imagi, TMNT Appearances

Another update about the staff at Imagi (the studio behind the TMNT movie)- four former DreamWorks animators have recently joined the company! Cecil Kramer joins as the Executive Vice-President of Production, along with producers Maryann Garger and Lynne Southerland. Mark Tarbox will also join the company as line producer. TMNT will be the first in line of a series of CGI action films. Following its next film, Gatchaman, the studio plans to release a CG feature film every eight months.

Also, for anyone in the New York area, you may want to check out the Times Square Virgin Megastore (1540 Broadway, Level 2, New York) on Tuesday, March 20. The Turtles will be appearing from 1:00-2:30 pm for a TMNT movie soundtrack release party! Autographs and pictures will be available for customers who purchase the soundtrack at the store. More info can be found here.

The Turtles will also make an appearance on the Early Show on Wednesday, March 21.

"Well, actually, I always wanted to be a writer. Being a ruthless conqueror was my second choice." --Shredder, Take Me to Your Leader
Shredder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 12:44 AM   #2
Fledermaus
Mad Scientist

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shredder View Post
Another update about the staff at Imagi (the studio behind the TMNT movie)- four former DreamWorks animators have recently joined the company! Cecil Kramer joins as the Executive Vice-President of Production, along with producers Maryann Garger and Lynne Southerland. Mark Tarbox will also join the company as line producer. TMNT will be the first in line of a series of CGI action films. Following its next film, Gatchaman, the studio plans to release a CG feature film every eight months.
Interesting news for Imagi. A future in CGI action films... the birth of a new genre -- first Incredibles, then TMNT, then TMNT's studio devotes itself to animated action films. I shall watch the unfolding of this with great interest.
We're calling it a freeway. Eight lanes of shimmering cement running from here to Pasadena. Smooth, safe, fast. Traffic jams will be a thing of the past. I see a place where people get on and off the freeway. On and off, off and on all day, all night! Soon there will be a string of gas stations, inexpensive motels, restaurants that serve rapidly prepared food! Tire salons, automobile dealerships and wonderful, wonderful billboards reaching as far as the eye can see! My God... It'll be beautiful.
Fledermaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 08:21 AM   #3
Masked Ninja
Doodles TMNT for fun

^ Agreed... here's hoping that a TMNT sequel is part of those plans. And maybe they'll have enough leverage to make it PG13 this time. If Harry Potter can be PG13, so can the Turtles.
Masked Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 12:03 PM   #4
hazlov2004
Mad Scientist

yep this is a big step for imagi im proud of them
Old 03-20-2007, 05:56 PM   #5
RskimB
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masked Ninja View Post
^ Agreed... here's hoping that a TMNT sequel is part of those plans. And maybe they'll have enough leverage to make it PG13 this time. If Harry Potter can be PG13, so can the Turtles.
amen one can only hope
Old 03-20-2007, 07:35 PM   #6
GK Punk
I'm your Devil

Quote:
Following its next film, Gatchaman
Holycrapholycrapholycrap

Does that really say what I think it says!!?!?!
GK Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 01:36 AM   #7
ThirdMarioBro
Tea Time!

I would say so.
Old 03-21-2007, 01:43 AM   #8
kerfootw
Hench Mutant

What's Gatchaman?
kerfootw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 12:21 PM   #9
Spitfire
Writer • Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masked Ninja View Post
Didn't it take Potter 4 movies before they let it be PG-13? That movie won tons of awards and crap. That's why they let them make it PG-13. TMNT isn't really in that position.
Old 03-25-2007, 08:05 PM   #10
Masked Ninja
Doodles TMNT for fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire666xXxXx View Post
Didn't it take Potter 4 movies before they let it be PG-13? That movie won tons of awards and crap. That's why they let them make it PG-13. TMNT isn't really in that position.
That could be true, but I think it was just the nature of the stories. Book 4 is tons darker than book 1, for example. And they just keep getting darker as they go. But... yeah, I wouldn't rule that out, either.
Masked Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote