The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 11-20-2015, 08:37 PM   #61
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
Considering Jessica Jones when she was Jewel was missing for 6-8 months under Purple Man's control. No one missed her, her parents never filed a missing report and the Avengers didn't look for her.

She could easily in MCU been a low-key street hero, which she was and flew under the radar. Much similar to how Ant-Man was a near Urban Legend after the 1960's.
The series answered this question pretty easily. She never became Jewel.
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 08:46 PM   #62
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

On Episode 4, and you guys are crazy. This show is amazing.

Marvel's first (and successful) psychological horror story. Kilgrave's sadism is terrifying. He stole both of a guy's f***ing kidneys and then left him to die.

I never knew David Tennant could play a monster. I'm curious if this will permanently influence my feelings on the 10th Doctor in any slight way.
Old 11-22-2015, 08:29 AM   #63
ToTheNines
[sic]

I finished last night and I absolutely loved it. All the major characters were awesome, I just hated her neighbors after a while. They were funny at first, but once they got involved in the plot, I was so over them.

They changed a ton about Kilgrave from the comics, but it was pretty much all for the better, he was so evil, but still funny. I thought he was a way better villain than Kingpin.

Overall, this was better than Daredevil for me. Being a huge kung fu/ninja movie fan, DD's action was right up my alley and superior to what we got in JJ, but DD got boring during episodes 10-12, and ended pretty well. This show kept me entertained the whole time.

Plus, you just gotta love a fellow Turkey drinker.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 11:55 AM   #64
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

I finished it last night as well. Great stuff, loved it from start to finish.

TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 01:38 PM   #65
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
DD's action was right up my alley and superior to what we got in JJ,
Yeah, Holy Hell. It's a good thing this show doesn't have many fight scenes in the first place, because they are laughably bad. And that scene where she loses her ish on that married couple is more awkward than intense. It felt like there was weird ADR going on or something.
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 09:13 AM   #66
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

I'd give JJ 4 out of 5 stars. The ONLY complaint I have with the series is the pointless continued inclusion of the Incest Twins. They are annoying, they serve no purpose after one of them cuts his own throat, and I hate them.

Terrible "comedy relief" is a staple of bad Marvel movies, and should have been cut out of this series. Because of it, I sadly have to say that I prefer Daredevil to Jessica Jones...

With the caveat that I liked Jessica, Simpson, Malcolm, Luke Cage, Trish, and Kilgrave more than the main cast of Daredevil (and I loved Karen, Murdock, Foggy, Urich, and Fisk).
Old 11-24-2015, 09:45 AM   #67
Foombamaroom
Lord of Cinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
I'd give JJ 4 out of 5 stars. The ONLY complaint I have with the series is the pointless continued inclusion of the Incest Twins. They are annoying, they serve no purpose after one of them cuts his own throat, and I hate them.

Terrible "comedy relief" is a staple of bad Marvel movies, and should have been cut out of this series. Because of it, I sadly have to say that I prefer Daredevil to Jessica Jones...

With the caveat that I liked Jessica, Simpson, Malcolm, Luke Cage, Trish, and Kilgrave more than the main cast of Daredevil (and I loved Karen, Murdock, Foggy, Urich, and Fisk).
Killgrave was EASILY my favorite in the show. And I agree with the stuff you said about the twins. Everytime they were on screen towards the latter half of the season, I skipped their scenes.

I'm waiting for a meme of the guy to pop up like. "I wanted to get a girl to like me, so I gave that bitch banana bread. Bitches love banana bread."
Foombamaroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 10:02 AM   #68
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foombamaroom View Post
Killgrave was EASILY my favorite in the show. And I agree with the stuff you said about the twins. Everytime they were on screen towards the latter half of the season, I skipped their scenes.

I'm waiting for a meme of the guy to pop up like. "I wanted to get a girl to like me, so I gave that bitch banana bread. Bitches love banana bread."
Kilgrave legitimately terrified me. I was in the shower alone and saw a dark shadow to my right, looked exactly like one of Jessica's hallucinations in the first few episodes.

Didn't slip and fall, survived my Kilgrave trauma. Can I join the Kilgrave support group now?

Oh, and did anyone else think they should have just thrown out the guy who gave Kilgrave his coat? Yeah, bro, you've really suffered.
Old 12-02-2015, 10:42 AM   #69
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

Finally finished the entire series last night.
Wow, Kilgrave was basically The Doctor as written by Reddit. All he was missing was a trilby.

There was so much about this show that I loved.
The casting. The Acting. The focus on the Female Gaze. To its unapologetic politics.

It took me a long time to get into it, and to be honest I don't really know that I was ever 100% engaged, but that's more because it's the first property being tackled by the MCU that I knew about before hand.

I'd never read an issue of Avengers, Daredevil, IronMan, Thor, or Hulk before seeing any of those movies. I was always more of an X-Universe Marvel person, so the changes they made to those characters didn't really phase me. Jessica Jones, on the other hand....that I knew, and knew well.

I really can't wait to see what happens next.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 09:43 AM   #70
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

Good news. Renewed for Season 2.

http://tvline.com/2016/01/17/jessica...son-2-netflix/
Old 01-17-2016, 09:46 AM   #71
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

Just saw the news on another site. Sweet!

TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 10:20 AM   #72
Foombamaroom
Lord of Cinder

YES.
This is amazing news. Jessica Jones and Daredevil were easily the best new shows of 2015.
Foombamaroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 03:53 AM   #73
ToTheNines
[sic]

http://www.comicbookresources.com/ar...utive-producer

Don't know where they got this information, but they mention at the end of this article that season 2 is expected to air this Fall.

I really hope not, I would rather they hurry up and get to The Defenders and do JJ season 2 first thing after that. Either way, I'm fine with them doing 3 shows a year.
Old 04-01-2016, 07:41 AM   #74
AT-Man
I SEEN IT

Quote:
http://www.comicbookresources.com/ar...utive-producer

Don't know where they got this information, but they mention at the end of this article that season 2 is expected to air this Fall.

I really hope not, I would rather they hurry up and get to The Defenders and do JJ season 2 first thing after that. Either way, I'm fine with them doing 3 shows a year.
There's no way it's airing this fall, but I wouldn't be against 3 seasons a year.

Through the Golden Door
AT-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 09:58 AM   #75
ToTheNines
[sic]

The buffoons around here reminded me that today's April Fools, so maybe this was a joke.
Old 04-01-2016, 10:21 AM   #76
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Quote:
The buffoons around here reminded me that today's April Fools, so maybe this was a joke.
It's not really "out there" enough for a joke. Probably just a mistake.
Old 04-01-2016, 10:37 AM   #77
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cure View Post
It's not really "out there" enough for a joke. Probably just a mistake.
Luke Cage airs this September but Jessica Jones aired November last year... so if JJ Season 2 gets an equally late fall / winter release (say early December) I could see it happening.

Which is SWEET. Most of you don't agree with me, but I preferred Jessica Jones to either season of Daredevil. And I loved me some Daredevil...
Old 05-12-2016, 04:11 AM   #78
ToTheNines
[sic]

Season 2 is filming back to back with The Defenders.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/jessic...nd-the-a141552
Old 05-12-2016, 06:37 AM   #79
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

Quote:
Season 2 is filming back to back with The Defenders.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/jessic...nd-the-a141552
That's good news. Hopefully that means we get 3 Marvel series in 2017.
Old 05-12-2016, 07:28 AM   #80
ToTheNines
[sic]

Hopefully. Orange is the New Black is one of their most popular shows and it comes out in June normally, so I could see them releasing Defenders in August or so.

Tags
cuckicca jones, sjw investigations