The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion > Platinum Dunes TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 01-06-2016, 05:58 PM   #81
Foombamaroom
Lord of Cinder

We already know how it's going to play out. It's going to show up in the last ten minutes in the movie and then be destroyed. Because God knows these producers can't end the movie on a cliffhanger and have the Technodrome be a huge, unstoppable force for the third movie.

That's another thing, what's the plot of the third movie gonna be?
They're probably gonna take out Krang and the Technodrome in this movie... that should've been the grand finale. I'm guessing Triceratons?
Foombamaroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 06:14 PM   #82
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt2310 View Post
not a fan? i kinda like it, I'm interested to see how it plays out
Not at all. To quote Deadpool, it looks like a "testicle with teeth."

So far, IDW seems to be the only new take on the Technodrome that's worth a damn.
Old 01-06-2016, 06:16 PM   #83
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foombamaroom View Post
They're probably gonna take out Krang and the Technodrome in this movie...
One thing's for sure, if they do destroy the drome, you can bet they'll have Donnie use the technology to build them a turtle blimp or some other mad thing.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 06:23 PM   #84
Etsyturtle2
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
One thing's for sure, if they do destroy the drome, you can bet they'll have Donnie use the technology to build them a turtle blimp or some other mad thing.
Because that would be terrible! Especially in a movie with aliens, mutants, and hidden sewer turtles who drive giant garbage trucks!
Etsyturtle2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 07:01 PM   #85
Bry
So Long, Stinktown!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etsyturtle2 View Post
Because that would be terrible! Especially in a movie with aliens, mutants, and hidden sewer turtles who drive giant garbage trucks!
These guys should have to prove they can write a halfway coherent story before they get to play with all the fancy toys. Using this stuff as gimmicks and fan-service to distract people from paper-thin characters and another lousy script is just a waste.
Old 01-06-2016, 07:06 PM   #86
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bry View Post
These guys should have to prove they can write a halfway coherent story before they get to play with all the fancy toys. Using this stuff as gimmicks and fan-service to distract people from paper-thin characters and another lousy script is just a waste.
THESE people have already proven they can't. If only--no, no. I was gonna say if only Eastman or Laird had the rights, but then we wouldn't have IDW comics.

Platinum Dunes TMNT is the price we pay for IDW TMNT, I guess.
Old 01-06-2016, 09:05 PM   #87
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Here's a closer look at the Technodrome from that playset.

Old 01-06-2016, 09:12 PM   #88
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:

These are the kinds of movies for people who actually like dumb sh*t like Mortal Kombat: Annihilation and X-Men 3, not like to watch and make fun of but actually enjoy without irony (yes, I've had people try and defend Annihilation to me). Everything is sh*tty and there's no story to speak of, really, and everything is "adapted" so terribly wrong, but look! There's that bit character from that thing you liked! And everything happens so fast you don't have any time to dwell on how bad it all sucks, so like who cares, right? Just look at THAT thing blow up and THAT goofy CGI nonsense over there and THIS little bit of fan-wank right here and pretend all this sh*t adds up to anything decent.

In other words, it all adds up to be far, far less than the sum of its parts. Because they're not putting that stuff in with any kind of care, they're just tossing it on top because they know people will spunk over it because it reminds them of being 8. It'd be different if there was any kind of authentic craftsmanship being done here, but no, it's throwaway junk that they slapped together in six months.

"Oh, wow! It's Dark Phoenix! I mean, well, NO, it really isn't, but... yay?" Same sh*t.

Technodrome is a really tiny Death Star. Nice to know these guys are ripping off stuff from the fanfic I wrote in like 2003. Where's my check, bitches?

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 09:33 PM   #89
TrickOrTreater
Samhain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foombamaroom View Post
We already know how it's going to play out. It's going to show up in the last ten minutes in the movie and then be destroyed. Because God knows these producers can't end the movie on a cliffhanger and have the Technodrome be a huge, unstoppable force for the third movie.

They're probably gonna take out Krang and the Technodrome in this movie... that should've been the grand finale. I'm guessing Triceratons?
If we're lucky THIS one flops real bad and Paramount goes back to the drawing board film-wise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Some men use knives and guns, but TrickOrTreater is a more dangerous villain. He. Uses. The. TRUTH.
TrickOrTreater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 09:37 PM   #90
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold

Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
The Sewer Lair Playset reveals what the Technodrome really looks like.

http://i857.photobucket.com/albums/a...3D1770AA43.jpg

It looks like the Technodrome is a combination of the 80s and Nickelodeon version.
Krang be like "Beam me up"

Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 09:47 PM   #91
Bry
So Long, Stinktown!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
These are the kinds of movies for people who actually like dumb sh*t like Mortal Kombat: Annihilation and X-Men 3, not like to watch and make fun of but actually enjoy without irony (yes, I've had people try and defend Annihilation to me). Everything is sh*tty and there's no story to speak of, really, and everything is "adapted" so terribly wrong, but look! There's that bit character from that thing you liked! And everything happens so fast you don't have any time to dwell on how bad it all sucks, so like who cares, right? Just look at THAT thing blow up and THAT goofy CGI nonsense over there and THIS little bit of fan-wank right here and pretend all this sh*t adds up to anything decent.

In other words, it all adds up to be far, far less than the sum of its parts. Because they're not putting that stuff in with any kind of care, they're just tossing it on top because they know people will spunk over it because it reminds them of being 8. It'd be different if there was any kind of authentic craftsmanship being done here, but no, it's throwaway junk that they slapped together in six months.
There's a tiny little voice in my head that wants to disagree with any of this, that wants to hold onto a shred of hope... but I think I just heard his death rattle.

Because you're right. They only have to try as hard as their audience makes them. And it's become pretty clear that the audience is going to throw fistfuls of cash at anything that presses their nostalgia button, no matter how badly-made or cynical the product is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Technodrome is a really tiny Death Star. Nice to know these guys are ripping off stuff from the fanfic I wrote in like 2003. Where's my check, bitches?
Hoo boy, what are the odds they'll make that exact Death Star reference in the movie? The mere idea that this movie will invite that comparison at this point in time...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrickOrTreater View Post
If we're lucky THIS one flops real bad and Paramount goes back to the drawing board film-wise.
Nice dream, but... I doubt it. There's a reason they're cramming this absolutely full of fan-service. It'll be another godawful mess of a movie, I am certain, but enough people will plop down their hard-earned money anyway because Bebop and Rocksteady and Krang and Technodrome. It's all shiny distractions, but I'm sure they'll work.

Quote:

http://i857.photobucket.com/albums/a...50C6EE8414.jpg
...dear god, it actually looks like a testicle with teeth.
Old 01-06-2016, 09:51 PM   #92
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:

Hoo boy, what are the odds they'll make that exact Death Star reference in the movie? The mere idea that this movie will invite that comparison at this point in time...
In my fanfic, I actually had Mikey point out what a cliched and unoriginal idea it was to turn the Technodrome into the Death Star. If someone in the movie makes a similar quip, I'm going to have to get better security for my laptop.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 02:43 AM   #93
Technogeek29
Mad Scientist

Quote:

http://i857.photobucket.com/albums/a...50C6EE8414.jpg
Trying too hard it almost looks as lackluster as the nick version and I'm ok with that. But on the bright side I've learned something. The CGI on the Turtles, Bebop and Rocksteady looks lack luster because the real money went into the technodrome. So hey behold the one thing in the movie that won't look too much like a cartoon.
Old 01-07-2016, 05:56 AM   #94
HeroTurtlesFan
Hench Mutant

These all look pretty good, and definitely increases my anticipation for the movie. I like the look of the new Technodrome too!
HeroTurtlesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 03:20 PM   #95
The Boston Ninja Turtle
Mad Scientist

anyone else only see cybertron when they look at the technodrome...i mean i cant say im surprised

https://www.facebook.com/TheBostonNinjaTurtle

Last edited by The Boston Ninja Turtle; 01-07-2016 at 03:35 PM.
The Boston Ninja Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 03:28 PM   #96
Commenter 42
Banned

Well, to be fair:

Big slabs of metal greebles arranged in a sphere. Overlap is bound to happen.

Star Trek went for a different primitive, but effectively the same:
Commenter 42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 03:43 PM   #97
The Boston Ninja Turtle
Mad Scientist

yea but i mean even in cartoon form the technodrome and cybertron still have distinct looks to them

maybe its just me but live action movie verse wise it just looks like direct copy pasted from transformers 3

https://www.facebook.com/TheBostonNinjaTurtle
The Boston Ninja Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 04:58 PM   #98
TMNT is cooler than MOTU
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leolead View Post
Yep. And then everybody started bashing it for looking "too human" because they were use to Todd Mcfarlane's animalistic design.

I don't know why, but toys and Merchandise always seem to leak no matter how hard a Studio tries to keep the reveal under wraps.
We still haven't seen what Spider-Man will look like in Civil War. And I doubt we will until Marvel is ready to show it.

Thank you for getting rid of Hamato Yoshi, Michael Bay and Co.! He was suuuuuper unnecessary.
TMNT is cooler than MOTU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 05:20 PM   #99
BoggleKng
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Hmm... I'd love to see what it looks like closed up, an exterior shot... and where's the eyeball?

The ONE thing Bay got right is he didn't give Krang's body those atrocious red briefs.
I second that!
Old 01-07-2016, 05:23 PM   #100
BoggleKng
Mad Scientist

Quote:
So a big, boring, asteroid-looking ball in the sky, utterly devoid of style or personality? There've been a few less-than-stellar Technodrome reimaginings over the years, but none of them have been this dull.

Also worth noting that they just recycled the Nick playset for this with a few minor changes:

https://sep.yimg.com/ay/dragonballzc...laymates-2.jpg
Yeah, my kids have the Nick set.. This new set looks boring... They love the old Sewer Set I have with all the tubes. This one only has one... http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/smi...t_rolleyes.gif