The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 03-28-2017, 11:36 PM   #261
Lisardo
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
I'll never understand why some people feel pressure to have kids at all, regardless of when. Kids are a needless complication, and there's already plenty of 'em, they don't need anyone popping out more. Planet's full, people. Get a puppy, it costs a lot less and leaves a much smaller carbon footprint. Not to mention it'll never grow up to become a stripper, or waste all the money you worked your whole life for on a liberal arts degree, or put you in a crooked nursing home like the one on 60 Minutes.

I could never be half as self-centered, narcissistic, womanizing OR obnoxious if I had kids to worry about, and by that point, I think I'd just as soon not even show up. I don't need that hassle. I can get drunk at 11am if I feel like it. You can't do that when you have kids. Well, I mean, you can... but it's frowned upon, generally.

Don't worry about being in your 30s and not having any kids, as that's more of a sign you're way, way ahead of the game. And you can still pick up chicks once you hit 30, it's just a lot harder to pick them up at the mall, high school football games, or the bowling alley on a Saturday afternoon. At least without getting a lot of stares and whispers.
I really appreciate this comment. For a while I've be pondering if someday I should or should not have kids. I'm 37 now and still am not ready for it. I'm still getting into my career and just other stuff is going on. I'm a "late bloomer" in life. I'm still not 100% decided if I want kids (seems like a lot of work, as you were saying) but seeing as I'm as old as I am now, I don't have a lot of time left. Yet still I feel that if it happens ok, but if it doesn't, that's ok too.

As for turning 30, bah...that's still rather young. I'm nearing 40 and still don't feel any older than I did in my 20s. Though, I am a lot wiser than I used to be. I for one HATED my 20s - such an emotionally, confusing time. Things now have really evened out for me. Of course everyone's different. Either way, just live life, you'll be fine,

Last edited by Lisardo; 03-28-2017 at 11:43 PM.
Lisardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 11:58 PM   #262
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

My dad didn't think he ever would. I said in another thread that he was 43 when I was born.
Old 03-29-2017, 08:31 AM   #263
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisardo View Post
I'm a "late bloomer" in life.

As for turning 30, bah...that's still rather young. I'm nearing 40 and still don't feel any older than I did in my 20s. Though, I am a lot wiser than I used to be. I for one HATED my 20s - such an emotionally, confusing time. Things now have really evened out for me. Of course everyone's different. Either way, just live life, you'll be fine,
Aaaahhhh....!

May I ask, is life in your 30s any less stressful than life in your 20s?
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 12:11 PM   #264
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
I really appreciate this comment. For a while I've be pondering if someday I should or should not have kids.
Probably should not.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 12:19 PM   #265
Lisardo
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeotheLateBloomer View Post
Aaaahhhh....!

May I ask, is life in your 30s any less stressful than life in your 20s?
It is for me. I mean I work fulltime but still I feel my life is pretty balanced. I've matured and no longer care about petty things like I used to. I'm not feeling the need to compete or compare myself to others, and worrying about things like I used to. Everyone's different like I said, but most people find life calms down as they get older and when their career's launched.

Old 03-29-2017, 05:04 PM   #266
CyberCubed
Overlord

Every year we get older, it is one year closer to death. Sometimes I feel like we're all one step away from the retirement home.

God we're all so old now it's ridiculous.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 06:09 PM   #267
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

I wish you became as old as you feel overnight so you that you would just wither away and become dust.
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 06:28 PM   #268
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
My dad didn't think he ever would. I said in another thread that he was 43 when I was born.
Well my mother also told me she used to say often when she was young that she'd never get married and let alone have kids, but she got married at 30 and had her first kid(my brother) at around the age of 31-32. I guess you never say never and claiming that you'll never get married or have kids is something lots of people say when they're young, so I can see why older people don't take people in their 20s like me seriously when we say that we don't want to ever get married and have kids. But I really really CAN'T imagine myself ever getting married or having kids.

My brother has turned 34 last month and some people have been asking me and my mother if "he's married" in the last 2-3 years or so and they look surprised when the answer is "no". No one asks me that yet because I'm only 26, but I guess in a few years they'll be asking me that lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Every year we get older, it is one year closer to death. Sometimes I feel like we're all one step away from the retirement home.

Dude, you could die tomorrow or in 5 years in a car accident. Or of a sudden heart attack or stroke at the age of 43. How can you even know how close or far you are to death?
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 10:35 PM   #269
Jephael
That whack job behind you

Quote:
I'm nearing 40 and still don't feel any older than I did in my 20s. Though, I am a lot wiser than I used to be. I for one HATED my 20s - such an emotionally, confusing time. Things now have really evened out for me. Of course everyone's different. Either way, just live life, you'll be fine,
I know how ya feel. Once in a while I look back on my youth and think "Jesus, I was a f*ckin moron!!!" I try not to hold onto regrets, but one thing I wish I could change is when I was in college around the fall of 2003 I had the chance to hang out with this sweet girl named Tiffany. She was so bubbly and sweet. Though being the stupid horn-dog I was I ended up eyeing this hot babe from the radio station who was way out of my league and a little snooty (of course my raging hormones could've cared less). About six months later around the end of spring 2004 I'm hanging out with Tiffany at the piano lounge where she usually was and she confided in me that she wished we had gotten to know one another. Man, I wish I could go back to those days and smack my younger self upside the head and tell him to invest in spending time with Tiffany!!! *sigh* the one that got away...

www.jephael.com
Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 11:16 PM   #270
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold

Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Quote:

LMAO dude, why so serious?

Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 11:37 PM   #271
DarkFell
A Crusty Bob Fan

I think it's Cubed's shtick.

~ John Adams
DarkFell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 11:39 PM   #272
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold

Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Lol yeah I'm starting to guess that

Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 04:03 PM   #273
Lisardo
Stone Warrior

With aging you gotta remember, there's no point in worrying about something beyond your control. It's a waste of time. And there are things you can do to help with aging like, having a good diet, working out, etc. So it's not the worst thing in the world.

Old 11-14-2017, 09:08 PM   #274
Prowler
Emperor

27 years old here, now. I hate to sound like you, but can't believe I was only 23 years old when you made this thread, man

CyberCubed, in the next 3 years I might tell you how it feels, OK?
Old 11-14-2017, 09:16 PM   #275
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
27 years old here, now. I hate to sound like you, but can't believe I was only 23 years old when you made this thread, man

CyberCubed, in the next 3 years I might tell you how it feels, OK?
The fact that I feel like I made this thread recently yet it's from 2014 says enough in itself. I was 28 when I made this thread...WTF.
Old 11-14-2017, 09:18 PM   #276
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
The fact that I feel like I made this thread recently yet it's from 2014 says enough in itself. I was 28 when made this thread...WTF.
I turned 27 a few hours ago(it's past midnight). Hasn't sunk in yet. This is no longer mid-20s is it?

When I was 19 I thought I was gonna look very different when I was 30... but I think i still look basically the same as I did back then except for having more facial hair now.
Old 11-14-2017, 09:19 PM   #277
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

The passage of time is legendary and unbelievable.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 09:20 PM   #278
CyberCubed
Overlord

At least 30 is now the new 20. When I was younger I always thought 30 sounded "old" like completely different than being in your 20's. Well...it's really barely any different. Although I imagine the people who are starting families and kids at this age do feel a lot different due to the added responsibilities.
Old 11-14-2017, 09:20 PM   #279
Prowler
Emperor

I think I'm starting to get to that age where more and more of the top footballers are younger than me. Strange feeling.

Quote:
At least 30 is now the new 20. When I was younger I always thought 30 sounded "old" like completely different than being in your 20's. Well...it's really barely any different. Although I imagine the people who are starting families and kids at this age do feel a lot different due to the added responsibilities.
Well, 33+ still sounds a bit "old" to me tbh. But I might change my mind once I get close to it.

Last edited by Prowler; 11-14-2017 at 09:29 PM.
Old 11-15-2017, 12:11 AM   #280
Sumac
Banned

I don't care any longer, how old I am.
It's just an arbitrary number and I just feel myself, like I feel.
Whatever it means.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cybercubed the timemaster, cybercubed thinks deep, cybercucked, same old song and dance, sjw is the new 30