The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 05-23-2016, 03:22 PM   #141
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
in other news, i wonder if paula still has a job? ;o) I think that was her name.

these things look like crap to me.....the turtles might look halfway ok, but the finer details, not so much. i wish they'd drop the pixel look, makes them look even weider.

sigh.

so annoyed that playmates is playing big brother and practically bullying more creative companies from releasing things. surprised those prime 1 side show statues saw the light of day compared to the movie figures playmates put out.

not that i needed another reason not to buy another playmates figure ever again...
I agree. Playmates has almost lost me as a customer over this BS
Old 05-23-2016, 03:23 PM   #142
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Complaining that NECA made the figures in 1:10th...

Thats the most ideal size closest to 1:12th/6" figures.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 03:24 PM   #143
Splinter
Radical Rat

Confirmation that they won't even be available online during SDCC. Oh well, Bandai stuff is cooler anyway.

Question: How about Neca club?

Randy: highly unlikely and something we have been trying to clear or make happen for weeks now, looks like con only

Randy: per the licensing agreement we are not permitted to sell them at anywhere but the con

R.I.P. Master Splinter - Mirage Comics - May 1984 / June 2003
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - New Episode Guide
Splinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 03:32 PM   #144
Digital Ghost
Mad Scientist

I truly wish Playmates would just allow other companies to release collector figures...by all means, keep making dollar store quality figures with two to three paint apps. But many of us have evolved beyond that. Argh, it's just frustrating to think a company we supported for years is now the enemy and the reason we can't easily have these higher quality items.
Old 05-23-2016, 03:36 PM   #145
Vegita-San
Emperor

when you don't have to try anymore, it's easy to pretend it's still 1995.

sad part is, not many other companies out there to try better than playmates.
mattel would be even worse if they had the license..
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 03:44 PM   #146
Powder
So tired of this place

Not entirely sure about these, they look kinda awkward. A part of me feels like it's a done deal because I could finally have a set of figures which includes a good Shredder & I did always want multi-color Foot Soldiers, but I think I ultimately find that pixel paint style off-putting. If there's a standard release with normal paint, I'd probably jump on it. Argh. I wont be in a financial position to grab these anyway, I figure.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 03:56 PM   #147
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

While I kinda see the appeal of the funkiness of NECA's Classic Video Game Apperance line, they do look awkward and sadly the Contra Figures by NECA is only in that paint job style, so that could be a indicator of the future in TMNT variants?
Old 05-23-2016, 04:44 PM   #148
Lil Karai
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Not entirely sure about these, they look kinda awkward. A part of me feels like it's a done deal because I could finally have a set of figures which includes a good Shredder & I did always want multi-color Foot Soldiers, but I think I ultimately find that pixel paint style off-putting. If there's a standard release with normal paint, I'd probably jump on it. Argh. I wont be in a financial position to grab these anyway, I figure.
Thank you for your mature response.
Lil Karai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 02:14 AM   #149
Raptor86
Stone Warrior

I am wondering...how Figuarts and Kaiyodo got the license for their figures?

It is because they're Japanese companies?
Old 05-24-2016, 04:30 AM   #150
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

I wonder if they can loophole these with DVD set pack-in like they did with Batman '66, '89, DK Joker and Reeve Superman.
Old 05-24-2016, 04:46 AM   #151
Otter
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
I wonder if they can loophole these with DVD set pack-in like they did with Batman '66, '89, DK Joker and Reeve Superman.
This is what I'm hoping for. But I'm pretty sure they were only available in the US which doesn't really help me in Australia. I've resigned myself to getting the 1:4 scale NECA movie figures, because I HAVE to have Henson figures. Yes they're expensive, but I HAVE to have them.

That's what bugs me about the people spewing vitriol at NECA over this release. If you HAVE to have them you will go to the con and get them, or resign yourself to paying after-market prices. If you want cheap, exclusive figures you are simply deluded. This isn't NECA's bread and butter, it's a passion project. They aren't shooting themselves in the foot or making a bad business move. They are bending over backwards to get SOMETHING into the hands of fans that Playmates have failed to deliver in decades of merchandising.

Full props to NECA. Awesome company. I hope they keep finding novel ways to get the fans what we've always wanted. For those who proclaim to be fans but don't want to meet NECA half way, enjoy your Playmates toys.
Otter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 05:46 AM   #152
Splinter
Radical Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor86 View Post
I am wondering...how Figuarts and Kaiyodo got the license for their figures?

It is because they're Japanese companies?
A few factors. Including that being one of them. The high price point is another reason.

Plus those are imports and not mass market retail products. Where as Neca is in Toys R Us.

R.I.P. Master Splinter - Mirage Comics - May 1984 / June 2003
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - New Episode Guide
Splinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 06:12 AM   #153
Lil Karai
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otter View Post
This is what I'm hoping for. But I'm pretty sure they were only available in the US which doesn't really help me in Australia. I've resigned myself to getting the 1:4 scale NECA movie figures, because I HAVE to have Henson figures. Yes they're expensive, but I HAVE to have them.

That's what bugs me about the people spewing vitriol at NECA over this release. If you HAVE to have them you will go to the con and get them, or resign yourself to paying after-market prices. If you want cheap, exclusive figures you are simply deluded. This isn't NECA's bread and butter, it's a passion project. They aren't shooting themselves in the foot or making a bad business move. They are bending over backwards to get SOMETHING into the hands of fans that Playmates have failed to deliver in decades of merchandising.

Full props to NECA. Awesome company. I hope they keep finding novel ways to get the fans what we've always wanted. For those who proclaim to be fans but don't want to meet NECA half way, enjoy your Playmates toys.
I applaud this post. Thank you.
Lil Karai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 07:42 AM   #154
Ninturtle
Mad Scientist

The turtles aren't supposed to have such dark shading on them, it ruins their appearance.
Ninturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 07:52 AM   #155
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Here is a write up 7nveiling Yhe Atcade Game toylinr. I wonder how many Footvvariants there are.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/classic-t...022359591.html
Old 05-24-2016, 08:22 AM   #156
Coro
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Karai View Post
Thank you for your mature response.
My exact feelings. As a TMNT figure completionist (turtles only), I want these, but I hate the pixel style on these. Grrrr

I contacted NECA about retail sales the other day and got the same answers everyone else did about being con only. So I am no help on this one either.

Coro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 08:47 AM   #157
TonySiegel
Stone Warrior

these look cool... don't like the pixels on the front of the shells though...

i guess i wont hold my breath for the OG neca turtles re-release...

bootlegs here i come!

"...Color or creed, is no need for a man to bleed/ I believe, we all breathe the same seed/ Unless it's diluted, for somethin to intrude it..." - Kool G. Rap
TonySiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 11:15 AM   #158
hitmonkey
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Ghost View Post
I truly wish Playmates would just allow other companies to release collector figures...by all means, keep making dollar store quality figures with two to three paint apps. But many of us have evolved beyond that. Argh, it's just frustrating to think a company we supported for years is now the enemy and the reason we can't easily have these higher quality items.
That's my frustration. Playmates says time and again that their focus is affordable products for kids, not higher quality collector figures. Yet, they claim NECA's offerings being available at retail would cut into their sales. Makes zero sense. A quality $25 Turtle figure would not be purchased "instead of" any Playmates TMNT figure. Many collectors don't have the intention of buying Playmates in the first place. I know I don't.
hitmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 11:19 AM   #159
Coro
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitmonkey View Post
That's my frustration. Playmates says time and again that their focus is affordable products for kids, not higher quality collector figures. Yet, they claim NECA's offerings being available at retail would cut into their sales. Makes zero sense. A quality $25 Turtle figure would not be purchased "instead of" any Playmates TMNT figure. Many collectors don't have the intention of buying Playmates in the first place. I know I don't.
I dont know about that. $25 is too close to the playmates price point. Case in point look at the Marvel Legends line. They are $20-$25 figures and compete directly for sales with lines that are lesser quality at the $10 price point.

I think you would be right with like MONDO price points or NECA. They should be able to put stuff out in the $50-$100 range, deliver incredible quality and not eat into playmates. Scale shouldnt be an issue though IMO.

Last edited by Coro; 05-24-2016 at 11:25 AM.
Coro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 11:24 AM   #160
psychturtle
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commenter 42 View Post
Honestly, there's no point getting angry at Neca.

Get mad at Playmates. Don't buy their ****. It's so simple.

There was a time when blockbuster had a starnglehold on home video too.
Why don't more people get this? I mean, there's so many here that buy Playmates figures and keep them in business. If people would stop buying **** figures, we would get someone else who could do a better job. But so many cheap collectors buy crap figures then later complain about issues such as this.
psychturtle is offline   Reply With Quote