The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 01-29-2014, 03:07 PM   #1
CyberCubed
Overlord

The designs of the Turtles is proof to never trust Kevin Eastman

I love Eastman as a person and some of his contributions to the franchise are great, but man, he does not know "quality control" for anything.

I know he has no control over the franchise anymore, but the fact that he's so excited about bizarre designs for the turtles with nostrils and human clothing, white Eric Sachs shredder, and everything else is just sad.

I wouldn't be surprised at this point if Venus shows up at the very end of the movie to set up a sequel.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 03:10 PM   #2
Retromute
Random Punk

All a matter of opinion.. How many threads do we need to see of people slagging the new look off....

Just wait until we see it or some actual pictures...

Im loving them all
Retromute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 03:11 PM   #3
BabyTurtles
Foot Elite

I like them.

maybe Kevin Eastman just has a different taste from yours?

we can't all like the same thing.
Old 01-29-2014, 03:13 PM   #4
1984TMNT
Stone Warrior

You just repeat yourself over, and over, and over, and over again.......

1984TMNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 03:15 PM   #5
Chris
Mad Scientist

Firstly, maybe Kevin Eastman's opinion is just different to yours . Remember, history has shown that he's generally quite open and accepting of new ideas and new takes on the TMNT.

Second, even if he isn't thrilled with the new designs he's currently a paid employee of Viacom, working on the IDW comics and consulting on the Nick series and the new movie (though we don't know how much real input he gets in the last two), he can't come out and say "they look terrible" in public even if he's saying it behind closed doors.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 03:29 PM   #6
turtlefanforever
Foot Elite

He just rolls with anything that's TMNT

His heart isn't in it anymore.
turtlefanforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 03:30 PM   #7
FlogginMcMurryZombiePizza
Mad Scientist

Why is Kevin Eastman the guy to "not trust" when we're discussing a MOVIE that an ENTIRE TEAM OF PEOPLE WORKING ON are the ones responsible for what will hit the screen?
And Eastman is just a consultant who had a day or two to shoot a cameo. Do you think he was on-set and "Ok"ing the sculpts and everything like Bryan Lee O'Malley being on set, everyday and working along side Edgar Wright on Scott Pilgrim?
Do you think Stan Lee is the guy the Marvel Cinematic teams go to for changes to the costumes and so on?

Inventory
FlogginMcMurryZombiePizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 03:33 PM   #8
CyberCubed
Overlord

The point is that Eastman constantly raves about it like its going to be awesome. He did the same thing with Next mutation.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 03:37 PM   #9
Blossombrooks
Stone Warrior

Oh be serious. From what I've heard he's a kind man with a lot of time for fans. Are you actually calling the co-creator out on his integrity because you don't like the designs? That's low.
Old 01-29-2014, 03:38 PM   #10
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
The point is that Eastman constantly raves about it like its going to be awesome. He did the same thing with Next mutation.
Again, that's all just matter of opinion.

TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 03:39 PM   #11
Leofan26
Mad Scientist

Just watch the series and ignore the films than like those Transformers fans did, imagine how much they hated those films they had to deal with? Ironically enough, Megan Fox was the female lead of that series, she's sure making herself well known with big time fandom's, so far not in a good way but yah know
Leofan26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 03:43 PM   #12
MrTMNT2012
Mad Scientist

I think the designs are amazing and completely trust in Kevin Eastman! They were exactly exactly what I expected when he said they're looking to Rise of the Planet of the Apes for inspiration and it has a whole 'Avengers' feel to it.

Someone needs to teach the difference between facts and opinions to CyberCubed so we won't have pointless threads like this one in the future.

Fav Quote - 87 Leo: "TURTLES FIGHT WITH HONOUR!"
Fav Series - 2012 Nickelodeon
Fav Game - Out of the Shadows
Fav Comic - IDW Series
Fav Movie - Liebesman's TMNT (2014)
MrTMNT2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 04:07 PM   #13
Walkabout
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leofan26 View Post
Just watch the series and ignore the films than like those Transformers fans did, imagine how much they hated those films they had to deal with? Ironically enough, Megan Fox was the female lead of that series, she's sure making herself well known with big time fandom's, so far not in a good way but yah know
Welcome to our world.
Sound advice, at least there is the (awesome) Nick show that I wouldn't mind betting will end up being more popular than this movie anyway so hopefully not everything TMNT becomes BAYTURTLES like TF's
Walkabout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 04:31 PM   #14
MST3KFan
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walkabout View Post
Welcome to our world.
Sound advice, at least there is the (awesome) Nick show that I wouldn't mind betting will end up being more popular than this movie anyway so hopefully not everything TMNT becomes BAYTURTLES like TF's
So long as the Nick cartoon and IDW comics don't get forced to add hints of things from this new movie unlike the Transformers franchise has slowly been degrading into looking more and more like the movie appearances as time has moved on.
MST3KFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 04:50 PM   #15
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

I prefer Eastman's approach to Laird's approach. Laird's view is narrow and keeping it close to the Mriage comics while I grew up with the '87 cartoon and that is what I see as the Ninja Turtles to this day. Without the willness to expand the view and explore the franchise we would not be here today. Just a few comic book readers that found it in the back issues bins of a few comics shops and liked the random pick up. Granted I much rather ignore Next Mutation and Image as opposite ends of distaste, we would be given great avenues and great characters and concepts we would not othersie have. With Kevin we get Krang and Dimension X AND Triceratons and Fugtioid. With Laird's selling the intellectual rights to Viacom it was bittersweet. The bitter part is I like the careful nurturing of the characters while the sweet is the characters not original under him alone or Mirage based are ignored while a significant number of great characters are overlooked and affect quality and potential. Kevin's view may run into a brick wall i.e. the almost simultaneous crap shots called Next Mutation and Image it still has opened the door to much more good than bad. I am glad that once Peter stepped out Kevin stepped back in. Not nearly as Peter but it does give me a sesne of comfort that someone is carefully sheparding the franchise.
Old 01-29-2014, 06:43 PM   #16
Ramboraph4life aka Matt
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTMNT2012 View Post
I think the designs are amazing and completely trust in Kevin Eastman! They were exactly exactly what I expected when he said they're looking to Rise of the Planet of the Apes for inspiration and it has a whole 'Avengers' feel to it.

Someone needs to teach the difference between facts and opinions to CyberCubed so we won't have pointless threads like this one in the future.

Well, they do look like Fugly apes with ugly ass nostrils. So no wonder he mentioned Rape of the Apes.
Ramboraph4life aka Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 06:44 PM   #17
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Looks fine to me.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 06:49 PM   #18
xChri5x
Stone Warrior

I thought I could live with the designs from the maquettes, but the mock poster has me a bit worried. I don't like how the color on some of the turtles faces becomes beige around the mouth area. OOTS had something like that, which really annoyed me. Leo is the only one who is spared from this... but from that small picture of the maquettes, Raph and Mikey (unlike the poster) seem to be more green around the face...
Old 01-29-2014, 09:06 PM   #19
ironman29758
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
Looks fine to me.
This. While the designs aren't perfect they are pretty decent and different in a good way. I'll wait for a trailer and the movie before I judge the movie fully.
ironman29758 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 09:10 PM   #20
T-U-R-T-L-E POWA!
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
That is a very good point. I've thought the same thing about him thinking the Next Mutation was good. It was not btw.
T-U-R-T-L-E POWA! is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cybercubed thinks deep