The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion > Platinum Dunes TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 07-08-2015, 08:18 AM   #2201
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblyShell22 View Post
No, in this one it'll probably be the parts where the Turtles are on screen (and I highly doubt that will be much) and when Bebop and Rocksteady are on screen as they'll provide the entertainment. And I don't like Alan's statement of, "More Turtle power" either. Sounds to me like these boys are getting even more buffed up.
I think your taking the Turtle Power comment out of context, It could mean that, We see more of the Turtles in the movie.
Old 07-08-2015, 10:32 AM   #2202
Bry
So Long, Stinktown!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt2310 View Post
..... have faith....
If someone calls me over as a friend to give me a handshake or a hug, and then slaps me hard in the face when I get there, am I supposed to trust them next time they call me over?

The first movie was their chance to build trust and faith, and they failed miserably. It's not the fans' fault for not "having faith" - it's the the filmmakers' and producers' for blowing it in the first place.
Old 07-08-2015, 10:45 AM   #2203
Commenter 42
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bry View Post
If someone calls me over as a friend to give me a handshake or a hug, and then slaps me hard in the face when I get there, am I supposed to trust them next time they call me over?

The first movie was their chance to build trust and faith, and they failed miserably. It's not the fans' fault for not "having faith" - it's the the filmmakers' and producers' for blowing it in the first place.
Aw C'mon dude!
They said have Faith! You're supposed to turn the other cheek!
Old 07-08-2015, 10:50 AM   #2204
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:

It's like Journey tells us man... "Don't stop believing!"
Old 07-08-2015, 11:05 AM   #2205
DarkLightDragon
Mad Scientist

Quote:

Plus, having faith and accepting every bad choice they'll make would just enable them to make the same exact problems without consequence.

Criticism isn't bad as long as it's constructive, people.
Old 07-08-2015, 12:20 PM   #2206
Bry
So Long, Stinktown!

I'mma slide away from this movie franchise like

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLightDragon View Post
Criticism isn't bad as long as it's constructive, people.
Bingo. This "forced positivity" thing doesn't help anything - it just lowers expectations and standards. Criticism has always come part and parcel with any creative endeavour, and it's a part of what helps make it better. The "just turn off your brain" mindset becoming pretty much the acceptable standard is what led to cinematic tragedies like four Transformers movies.

Last edited by Bry; 07-08-2015 at 01:17 PM.
Old 07-08-2015, 12:39 PM   #2207
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Faith? Nah... not at this point. MAYBE if this one actually pulls off a miracle there could be a little more faith held out for a third were it to be made. The second needs to repair the lack of faith first.

For now until further notice, heavy skepticism with a small dash of hope in vain.
Old 07-08-2015, 01:27 PM   #2208
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
I saw that, Gotta take his word for it, if he says its better then the first, and more Turtle Power? Could mean the movie has more Turtles this time.
https://twitter.com/alanritchson/sta...02507862564864
Of course he'd say it's "better then the first". You honestly think he'd say anything negative about a film he's getting paid for? Think McFly, think!

Old 07-08-2015, 01:50 PM   #2209
Turtle Soup
Thug

"Faith" is really being misused around here. You don't have faith in something if you have evidence to believe in it. If you have good evidence to believe something, you don't have faith in it, you have a level of confidence proportionate to the strength of the evidence. Therefore, "faith" is the only thing to really have in this movie, though not recommended.
Old 07-08-2015, 01:57 PM   #2210
Vicky82
Emperor

Ok who's the complete idiot decided to have TMNT 2 and Warcraft release on the same day (June 3rd) in the UK.

In the US Warcraft is still sceduled for June 10th

I just hope it's wrong as it's from IMDB

I want to see Warcraft and see it do well but not when it's coming out the same date as TMNT 2.

Last edited by Vicky82; 07-08-2015 at 02:15 PM.
Old 07-08-2015, 02:19 PM   #2211
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Well, dates do sometimes change, so possible it might between then and now. Warcraft is a pretty niche interest though, it's own makers might be wise to put some distance in there unless it's trailers are good enough to bring in non-players.

Edit: *between now and then. (Pardon, I must think it this a Back to the Future sequel.)

Last edited by IndigoErth; 07-08-2015 at 02:44 PM.
Old 07-08-2015, 02:31 PM   #2212
Vicky82
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Well, dates do sometimes change, so possible it might between then and now. Warcraft is a pretty niche interest though, it's own makers might be wise to put some distance in there unless it's trailers are good enough to bring in non-players.
Yeah it's possible it could change, maybe TMNT 2 could come out a week early, we are getting X-Men Apocalypse a week early too.

Apparently Warcraft got a trailer coming out at the Weekend, so yeah if it looks good it could do well.

Old 07-08-2015, 02:47 PM   #2213
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82 View Post
Apparently Warcraft got a trailer coming out at the Weekend, so yeah if it looks good it could do well.
Nice, I'll have to check for it. Had looked forward to it, but took them so long to go ahead and even make it I'd given up waiting.
Old 07-08-2015, 03:03 PM   #2214
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Well, Vicky, you could always see TMNT 2 first and then see Warcraft later in the day or even the next day if you wanted to.

As for having faith, you have to look at the evidence to have proof that it'll be good, and so far, the evidence points in the opposite direction. So, no faith here.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
Old 07-08-2015, 03:13 PM   #2215
Vicky82
Emperor

Quote:
Well, Vicky, you could always see TMNT 2 first and then see Warcraft later in the day or even the next day if you wanted to.

As for having faith, you have to look at the evidence to have proof that it'll be good, and so far, the evidence points in the opposite direction. So, no faith here.
Yeah I probably will do, I have a unlimited card so I can see as many movies I like for £15 a month.

But it's just I want to see both movies do well but not on the same weekend, I like to see both movies at no 1 taking a lot of money.

I just realized I'm not in the discussion thread, blame that on my 12 hour shift.

Old 07-08-2015, 05:44 PM   #2216
Foombamaroom
Lord of Cinder

Quote:
No, in this one it'll probably be the parts where the Turtles are on screen (and I highly doubt that will be much) and when Bebop and Rocksteady are on screen as they'll provide the entertainment. And I don't like Alan's statement of, "More Turtle power" either. Sounds to me like these boys are getting even more buffed up.
Lol, that car chase scene in the beginning of the movie? That truck probably has steroids in it.
"QUICK GUYS, WE GOTTA GET BIGGER!"
Old 07-08-2015, 06:56 PM   #2217
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foombamaroom View Post
Lol, that car chase scene in the beginning of the movie? That truck probably has steroids in it.
"QUICK GUYS, WE GOTTA GET BIGGER!"
Is this a TMNT movie or a commerical for NuMale?
Old 07-08-2015, 07:01 PM   #2218
Foombamaroom
Lord of Cinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Is this a TMNT movie or a commerical for NuMale?
Well, it's definitely not a TMNT movie...
Old 07-09-2015, 12:59 AM   #2219
Shark_Blade
Emperor

It's a TMNT movie whether you like it or not.

Produced by Michael Bay.
Old 07-09-2015, 10:43 AM   #2220
Foombamaroom
Lord of Cinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
It's a TMNT movie whether you like it or not.

Produced by Michael Bay.
That's not TMNT. In what incarnation did Mikey look and sound like a serial rapist rather than a teenager?
Closed Thread

Tags
cybercubed thinks deep, tigerclaw is cybercubed, tmnt2