The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 08-17-2019, 10:30 AM   #1
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Super 7 Turtle figures shown at Power Con

Pixel Dan is at Power Con and saw the first 4 figures from Super 7

Pixel Dan
‏ @PixelDan
13m13 minutes ago

Here they are! The @super7store #TMNT Ultimates!

More information coming soon! Stay tuned for my interview! @ThePowerCon

Raphael

Master Splinter

Baxter Fly

Foot Solider
Old 08-17-2019, 10:41 AM   #2
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

All four look really good but Splinter takes the take for me. I love it.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2019, 10:50 AM   #3
TheBlueTurtle1
Foot Elite

OMG, They look like they might have the turtles in the 4 unique colours I am loving what I see here, and the Thundercats look spot on aswell. Gonna keep an eye on these, they could be a lock.

http://jandmdev.deviantart.com/ (My Brother and I have a dev page, I am J, brother is M)
TheBlueTurtle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2019, 11:07 AM   #4
The Purple Dragon
Stone Warrior

I was hoping this line was crap so i coued skip it.collecting tmnt.gremlins.alien.predator and horror figurine from Neca sh figuarts star wars etc is looking to be to mutch i start to run out off money and space.only thing i guess is going to be a nip pick on this line is the scale because i guess they will not scale with Neca 6 inch line.but is it not a littel ironic that someone else is finally making good colloctor line of the old toys?this is something playmate coued and shoued have done years ago.well i guess i cant complain playmate is finally losing the deadt grip and we Get the figures we want
The Purple Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2019, 11:28 AM   #5
I Crave Pizza No More
Mad Scientist

Sign me up--they look great.
I Crave Pizza No More is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2019, 11:35 AM   #6
dragonside
Hench Mutant

noooooooooooooooooooo

these look amazing.

here's my wallet.
dragonside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 06:40 AM   #7
Swaynomics930
Foot Soldier

This looks amazing, the homage to the og playmates is just beautifu. May stop neca and do this line for the cartoon version at least
Swaynomics930 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 07:48 AM   #8
Redrumh2o
Mad Scientist

Wow....that Raph looks amazing

I didn't know these were going to exist and I was wondering what the fuss was about when I saw the reaction figs.

So...how do you buy these? Are they only sold through their site? Do you have to preorder the whole wave?
Redrumh2o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 08:13 AM   #9
mikey0
Foot Elite

I hope their Ultimate Metalhead is better than the NECA figure being released soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrumh2o View Post
Wow....that Raph looks amazing

I didn't know these were going to exist and I was wondering what the fuss was about when I saw the reaction figs.

So...how do you buy these? Are they only sold through their site? Do you have to preorder the whole wave?
I believe the Ultimate TMNT figures will be sold individually on their site and other online toy stores like Toywiz and Big Bad Toy Store. You should be able to pre-order the whole wave on Big Bad Toy Store like you can do with the Ultimates Thundercats line right now.

The 3 3/4 ReAction figures will be sold in brick and mortar stores as well as online.
mikey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 01:05 PM   #10
useasneeded4pain
Foot Soldier

I dig Baxter and the Foot, but I’m not sure about Splinter or Raph. I’m close to having enough 6-7” Turtles anyway, so this line might be a cherry pick.
useasneeded4pain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 03:06 PM   #11
mikey0
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by useasneeded4pain View Post
I dig Baxter and the Foot, but I’m not sure about Splinter or Raph. I’m close to having enough 6-7” Turtles anyway, so this line might be a cherry pick.
These 7 inch Ultimate figures do not look like they will disappoint.

Classic Collection Michelangelo was the best 7 inch Turtles figure as of late. The other Classic Collection figures were odd looking.
Old 08-18-2019, 03:30 PM   #12
LeoRaDoMic
Banned

Nah, these don't cut it for me. Why nothing new, the same thing over and over again. I don't understand why a company is making these. The first line wasn't screenaccurate and now the are making basically the same figures which aren't screenaccurate at all but a little bit better then Playmates. Why?!

Neca FTW for me, at all points better and highly screenaccurate. I sold all my vintage TMNT figures to create space and money for the Neca figures. I only want one figure line (only the hard core) based on a show or movie. Diversity is key
LeoRaDoMic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 03:43 PM   #13
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

When Super7 announced TMNT figures, I was hoping for what Playmates could not deliver, proper Classics based of the vintage toyline like MOTUC. And this is it, ish... They are updated figures for the vintage line, but MOTUC gave us more and something at the time; modern. But I don't really know what could be "modern" here, I'm not a toy designer, but something is missing, maybe?

The price is steep, $45 for one figure is a lot, but I also PO'd Club Grayskull Shadow Weaver on BBTS for $49.99 so I guess I'm a part of the problem giving in to the prices. License (thanks playmates) and limited run will dictate the price, and honestly, these will probably be easier to get then the NECA Fred Wolf figures.

The sprue weapon rack is cute in the display stand, but if we're getting that at $45, we better get a second set of proper weapons that are also painted. Cutting out the weapons yourself for that price is ridiculous.

I do love that they fixed Raph's sai to look like real sai and not weird knives like the vintage figure was sporting, but the holsters are unchanged and look too big. Raph must have his sheath for the katar on his back ( can't find any pics of his back). Hopefully they can also fix Leo's swords to be a katana and a wakizashi, but I'm not holding my breath on that one.

Splinter is pretty rad, super weird seeing the 88 toy design with more articulation, but I love that look. Kinda wish his kimono was soft goods. Pretty neat he comes with multiple arrows and that pre-mutated turtle is the funnies looking turtle yet with it's demonic yellow eyes.

Never been too keen on the robotic mummy Foot Soldier, but this guy does look like the vintage figure with has a better look then the on-screen Foot and hopefully with the better articulation he can stand straight up and do ninja poses. It would be neat if the flail weapon actually had a bendy cord or something.

Baxter is pretty neat, looks just like the vintage figure, down to the fly smacker weapon and I adore the Mouser he comes with, which looks just like the Wacky Action wind-up Mouser. I need a 4-pack of those mousers.

I can't wait to see Shredder, hopefully he'll be fixed a bit so we don't have the goofy caterpillar eyebrows going over his helmet and properly under his helmet And I'm more excited for Rocksteady and Bebop based off the toys over the cartoon versions from NECA, and will April have the original 1988 headsculpt or the superior headsculpt that came with the orange and blue variant. As of now I'm fairly certain I'm in for Classics of the 1988 and 1989 basic figures. I would also love to see accessories based of the Gags, Jokes and Crazy Weapons sets.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 04:05 PM   #14
mikey0
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
When Super7 announced TMNT figures, I was hoping for what Playmates could not deliver, proper Classics based of the vintage toyline like MOTUC. And this is it, ish... They are updated figures for the vintage line, but MOTUC gave us more and something at the time; modern. But I don't really know what could be "modern" here, I'm not a toy designer, but something is missing, maybe?

The price is steep, $45 for one figure is a lot, but I also PO'd Club Grayskull Shadow Weaver on BBTS for $49.99 so I guess I'm a part of the problem giving in to the prices. License (thanks playmates) and limited run will dictate the price, and honestly, these will probably be easier to get then the NECA Fred Wolf figures.

The sprue weapon rack is cute in the display stand, but if we're getting that at $45, we better get a second set of proper weapons that are also painted. Cutting out the weapons yourself for that price is ridiculous.

I do love that they fixed Raph's sai to look like real sai and not weird knives like the vintage figure was sporting, but the holsters are unchanged and look too big. Raph must have his sheath for the katar on his back ( can't find any pics of his back). Hopefully they can also fix Leo's swords to be a katana and a wakizashi, but I'm not holding my breath on that one.

Splinter is pretty rad, super weird seeing the 88 toy design with more articulation, but I love that look. Kinda wish his kimono was soft goods. Pretty neat he comes with multiple arrows and that pre-mutated turtle is the funnies looking turtle yet with it's demonic yellow eyes.

Never been too keen on the robotic mummy Foot Soldier, but this guy does look like the vintage figure with has a better look then the on-screen Foot and hopefully with the better articulation he can stand straight up and do ninja poses. It would be neat if the flail weapon actually had a bendy cord or something.

Baxter is pretty neat, looks just like the vintage figure, down to the fly smacker weapon and I adore the Mouser he comes with, which looks just like the Wacky Action wind-up Mouser. I need a 4-pack of those mousers.

I can't wait to see Shredder, hopefully he'll be fixed a bit so we don't have the goofy caterpillar eyebrows going over his helmet and properly under his helmet And I'm more excited for Rocksteady and Bebop based off the toys over the cartoon versions from NECA, and will April have the original 1988 headsculpt or the superior headsculpt that came with the orange and blue variant. As of now I'm fairly certain I'm in for Classics of the 1988 and 1989 basic figures. I would also love to see accessories based of the Gags, Jokes and Crazy Weapons sets.
The head sculpt for the Ultimate Foot Soldier is nothing like that of the 1988 Foot Soldier. The colors for the Ultimate Foot Soldier are accurate, but that’s it.

Has Super7 announced what characters will be in the second wave of their Ultimate TMNT toy line?
Old 08-18-2019, 04:18 PM   #15
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey0 View Post
The head sculpt for the Ultimate Foot Soldier is nothing like that of the 1988 Foot Soldier. The colors for the Ultimate Foot Soldier are accurate, but that’s it.
The sculpt is pretty close
Old 08-18-2019, 04:35 PM   #16
mikey0
Foot Elite

Quote:
The sculpt is pretty close
The 1988 Foot Soldier looks angrier than this Super7 version of the original Playmates figure does. The head sculpts for the other figures are 100 percent accurate enough for me.
Old 08-18-2019, 04:51 PM   #17
JonesyKitty
Mad Scientist

Quote:
I can't wait to see Shredder, hopefully he'll be fixed a bit so we don't have the goofy caterpillar eyebrows going over his helmet and properly under his helmet
I don't know, I kind of hope that they at least make his eyebrows bushy and visible, not over the helmet though haha.

Aside from a few, I honestly think I will stick to Neca. I'm at a point in my life where I only display one set of each. I have my Neca Mirage, 1990 and the cartoon set (with the exception of a few that are sentimental or Classic Collection Bebop and Rocksteady with the Neca toon turtles). I like what Super7 is doing but I honestly don't feel the need to buy slightly bigger and improved sculpts of Something I already own. To me, Raph's face and the Foots upright stance are really the only visible differences, and while they're cool I can't justify buying them for the price they are asking. I'll have to see what the rest of these look like before making any big decisions though.

If they release Shirtless Shredder and Casey and they look good enough I may go for them but aside from that the only one I'm really really wanting them to make would be Mondo Gecko.
JonesyKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 05:09 PM   #18
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonesyKitty View Post
I don't know, I kind of hope that they at least make his eyebrows bushy and visible, not over the helmet though haha.
A yeah, they can be bushy and proud, just not going over the helmet
Old 08-19-2019, 04:13 AM   #19
Otter
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Hopefully they can also fix Leo's swords to be a katana and a wakizashi, but I'm not holding my breath on that one.
When did Leonardo ever wield a wakizashi? Paired ninjato... maybe katana in the cartoon, but never daisho.

Last edited by Otter; 08-19-2019 at 05:04 AM.
Otter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 06:45 AM   #20
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otter View Post
When did Leonardo ever wield a wakizashi? Paired ninjato... maybe katana in the cartoon, but never daisho.
Ninjato as a straight bladed sword used by ninja is a completely fictional weapon created by the film industry the 1960's. And Twin Katana is as dumb as the concept of the Ninjato, no one with a sound mind and competence dual-wields 2 two-handed swords with equal length in a serious combat scenario. If Super7 can fix Raphael's sai to a actual sai instead of the weird dagger thing he was using in the vintage toy line (and cartoon) they can fix Leo's swords as well.

Plus, Leo did use a long and short sword in the 2012 show

Spoiler:

Where's the ninjato?