Dr. Queese 0 0%
That Yeti gangster guy. 4 25.00%
Other 4 25.00%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-08-2017, 12:22 PM   #1
Tetsu Deinonychus
The Iron Dinosaur

Favourite Next Mutation Villain?

Well I know Next Mutation is far from the best version of TMNT. But, one thing it did have going for it is some creative villains. Personally, I like Dragon Lord. He looked cool, and a mystical dragon is a neat idea that fits well.And, he had some fun lines.

Also, bonus points to Vam Mi for being rather pleasant to look at, and because the TMNT don't go up against Vampires often enough.
Tetsu Deinonychus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 12:43 PM   #2
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

The villains in NM do have god concepts: Dragon Lord, Vam Mi, Bonesteel and Silver could be great characters given more growth and care.

I think I like Silver the best of them, a yeti in a suit running mafia operations is a fantastic idea. Just ditch the affinity for bananas and the monkey jokes shtick.

Second would be Vam Mi. She adds a interesting flair of supernatural element being a vampire, and if she's ever used again I hope they incorporate more elements on her being a Chinese vampire which are very different then European vampires, that would have been really cool.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 04:58 AM   #3
turtlefanforever
Foot Elite

ughh

C'mon man. Don't make a poll if you don't know the characters! It's Silver. I woulda voted for him. But not a proper poll.

TNM has tons of great villians. Wish we got that 2nd season.
turtlefanforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 05:01 AM   #4
snake
Disgusting

Silver for sure. He has a badass design.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 06:24 AM   #5
GoldMutant
Control Your Narrative

Silver, Vam Mi, and Bonesteel in that order.

Dragon Lord I honestly don't like his design. I certainly need to rewatch the show to judge his character though. Same with Quease.
Old 03-09-2017, 08:22 AM   #6
Panda_Kahn_fan
Mad Scientist

Dragon lord. This guys NEEDS to be brought back, possibly incorporating elements of his earlier image incarnation.
Panda_Kahn_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 10:42 AM   #7
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Saban is my favorite TNM Villain because he made a Mockery of TMNT trying to make it with stupid sound effects forced female turtle and tried the Power Rangers formula and it didn't work.
Old 03-11-2017, 08:40 AM   #8
Tetsu Deinonychus
The Iron Dinosaur

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtlefanforever View Post
C'mon man. Don't make a poll if you don't know the characters! It's Silver. I woulda voted for him. But not a proper poll.

TNM has tons of great villians. Wish we got that 2nd season.
Well, it's been about 20 years since I've seen the show, and I made this thread in kind of a hurry. But, yeah I probably should have looked that up.

Still if you want to discuss Silver or the other "tons of great villains", this is a good place to do it. Which one would you like to see developed more?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda_Kahn_fan
Dragon lord. This guys NEEDS to be brought back, possibly incorporating elements of his earlier image incarnation.
Yeah, it is kinda crazy that Image also had a Dragon Lord villain despite the two series keeping such a distance from each other and being so different tone-wise. Anybody know which one came first?

Last edited by Tetsu Deinonychus; 03-11-2017 at 08:58 AM.
Tetsu Deinonychus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 09:12 AM   #9
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Great thread, TNM did villains very well surprisingly enough even if not written perfectly all the time the potential is there and all should be brought back.

Dragon Lord: Decent villain when he's written well, he should definitely have an arc in a future show though not necessarily a season arc..

Vam Mi: Never liked her, not sure why she's popular besides her having a two (3?) parter.

Dr. Quease: Hugely underrated, I'm guessing people just consider him a poor man's Baxter Stockman but he'sa bit different, he's not really evil, he's neutral and only does things for science regardless of the consequences, we see him team up with the turtles or the dragon lord in the show depending who benefited him in his experiments, literally a mad scientist. I'd love a show that had him again and eventually a "Deadly Alliance" where he teams up with Baxter.

Silver: Like most said, a gorilla mobster, YES!

Bonesteel: A schizo bounty hunter? I wasn't a fan of him until Vam Mi's episodes, there he really shined as the potential of a schizophrenic bounty hunter can do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda_Kahn_fan View Post
I'm not familiar with the image incarnation, what is it like? I know I've seen 2D artwork that used to be on ninjaturtles.com that didn't match the show.

EDIT: I accidentally voted for Hobo Shredder who was pretty cool and wasn't really a villain then but an interesting story arc that maybe didn't work out very well. but my vote went to Dr. Quease

Last edited by sdp; 03-11-2017 at 12:58 PM.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 11:42 AM   #10
mrmaczaps
Banned

I voted other because the show itself was/is a villain to the franchise. The HORRORS!
mrmaczaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 02:07 PM   #11
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda_Kahn_fan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
I'm not familiar with the image incarnation, what is it like? I know I've seen 2D artwork that used to be on ninjaturtles.com that didn't match the show.
Dragon Lord wasn't in anything but The Next Mutation. King Komodo is the lead villain early on in the Image series, a completely original character with no connection to DL who I very much doubt was even remotely taken into consideration when DL was developed.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 02:18 PM   #12
ToTheNines
[sic]

This ^

I'm pretty sure Larsen confirmed as much in the letters section of volume 3.

(Oh, and I voted Vam Mi)
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 10:07 AM   #13
pferreira
Foot Elite

I voted Venus.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 04:07 PM   #14
Lisardo
Stone Warrior

Tossup between Bonesteel and Vam Mi.

Lisardo is offline   Reply With Quote