Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > Introductions

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 08-22-2021, 05:35 PM   #1
Zack
Mouser

Cool Cowabunga, Dudes!

Hello,
Don't know why I waited so long to become part of this community but here I am, better late than never! I have been a TMNT fan for as long as I can remember. Having been born the same year as the Mirage release also coincidentally according to Chinese new year, the year of the 'Wood' rat (really want to ask Eastman and Liard about that)!

Anyway all that is to say I've loved these turtle boys all the way back then and I love them just as much if not more now! I know the turtles were intended to be a one off parody of comics those two loved, but what they managed to accomplish in spite of that (by seemingly accident) is truly amazing. It really struck a nerve with me and I am sure it did with more than a few of you as well, maybe because I was the youngest of five and most of my siblings being female caused me to yearn for brotherhood.

I've more often than not been the odd one out in terms of POP-culture, where most people talk ad nauseam about the Marvel films, GOT, Pokemon Go, etc, while I'd love to discuss the latest Ep. of the 2012 incarnation. I am a die hard fan, it is my favorite property by far. I don't mind the underdog reputation I know that my resolve is strong and I will continue this dedication until the well runs dry.

Now with all that said I enjoy the following, 84 comic, 87 toon, The Arcade game, NES trilogy, 90's films (first 2), Turtles in Time Arcade and SNES release, Hyper Stone Heist Genesis, 03 toon, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles GCN, TMNT 2 Battle Nexus GCN, 07 film, Turtles Forever film, 2012 toon, IDW comic, Batman/TMNT comic, Mutants in Manhattan 2016, 17 toon, TMNT Rescue Palooza! 2019 (PC fan game), and Batman vs. TMNT film.

With the constant release of awesome NECA figures, a new film and game on the horizon, I feel there is still life in our niche fandom! Whatever the future holds I know ours is much like a family, with that said brothers and sisters we shall endure. COWABUNGA, BOOYAKASHA, MAD DOGS ROLL OUT! I LOVE BEING A TURTLE!!

Last edited by Zack; 08-22-2021 at 05:42 PM.
Old 08-22-2021, 08:54 PM   #2
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Hello and welcome!

Last Movie Watched: Leprechaun Origins (2014).
Last TV Show Watched: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (S1:E11).
Old 08-23-2021, 01:22 AM   #3
newfan
Mad Scientist

Hello, you sure enjoy a lot of the franchise. Welcome aboard.
Old 08-23-2021, 01:54 AM   #4
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Welcome into the Technodrome.
Old 08-23-2021, 03:52 PM   #5
Wesley
Mad Scientist

Welcome. I’ve never read the comics and don’t care much for the newer stuff, but TMNT is one of my favourite franchises along with the Buffyverse. Fav tv series is the 2003 one and fav movie is 1990. Loved 1987 growing up in the 90s and still kinda like it but not as much as 03.
Old 08-24-2021, 08:39 PM   #6
Zack
Mouser

Smile Thank you everyone.

Wow, such warm welcomes. Thanks, I knew joining this forum was a good idea, albeit a long overdue one!

I think we can have a lot of fun with all the different levels of fan on display here. Like I said I guess I have enjoyed turtles pretty much my whole life, hope that didn't come off as daunting newfan.

You know what Wesley my 6 year old nephew really gravitated towards 03 for some reason. I suppose it's a testament to the writing, it transcends generations! He loves Casey in that series (bought him the Raph, Hun, Mr. Jones three pack off ebay and he played with them until he broke Hun's arm's action mechanic and both of Casey's legs) his favorite turtle is Leo though.

I prefer 2012 due to it's mostly completeness and without jumping the proverbial shark 03 is a close second though. I still need to check out the Buffyverse, I've been told the first few seasons are rough though. With you on the original movie as well but dang isn't Batman V. TMNT a whole lot of fun.

Take care everybody and thanks again!
Old 08-25-2021, 01:47 AM   #7
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zack View Post
Wow, such warm welcomes. Thanks, I knew joining this forum was a good idea, albeit a long overdue one!

I think we can have a lot of fun with all the different levels of fan on display here. Like I said I guess I have enjoyed turtles pretty much my whole life, hope that didn't come off as daunting newfan.

I prefer 2012 due to it's mostly completeness and without jumping the proverbial shark 03 is a close second though. I still need to check out the Buffyverse, I've been told the first few seasons are rough though. With you on the original movie as well but dang isn't Batman V. TMNT a whole lot of fun.
Not daunting at all, I thought your intro was positive and enthusiastic.

I also like 2012 most out of the shows, followed by 2k3.

Last edited by newfan; 08-25-2021 at 02:34 AM.
Old 08-25-2021, 02:00 PM   #8
Zack
Mouser

Smile Despite it's faults...

2012 is my favorite because I find it the most consistent and respectful incarnation in cartoon form thus far. It doesn't fall prey to the long running cartoon plague witch most cartoons succumb to after being on air for so long. The dreaded tonal shift happens far to often in children's entertainment in a desperate attempt to stay relevant or appeal to a even younger audience.

I had a feeling judging by your avatar (excellent choice btw) that you preferred 2012 newfan. I also absolutely adore the casting of Splinter in 2012 his VA is spectacular! Although he has fierce competition in that category I believe he made an everlasting example of excellence for the portrayal of our beloved rat. I believe he should never be left out of a debate over best Splinter!

Thank you for clearing that up though, I don't want to come off as pompous or anything. I just really enjoy a majority of the franchise and it's nice to find others to talk about it with.
Old 08-26-2021, 02:16 AM   #9
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zack View Post
2012 is my favorite because I find it the most consistent and respectful incarnation in cartoon form thus far. It doesn't fall prey to the long running cartoon plague witch most cartoons succumb to after being on air for so long. The dreaded tonal shift happens far to often in children's entertainment in a desperate attempt to stay relevant or appeal to a even younger audience.

I had a feeling judging by your avatar (excellent choice btw) that you preferred 2012 newfan. I also absolutely adore the casting of Splinter in 2012 his VA is spectacular! Although he has fierce competition in that category I believe he made an everlasting example of excellence for the portrayal of our beloved rat. I believe he should never be left out of a debate over best Splinter!
The voice cast is a strong point of the show for me, there are a couple of favourites for me and Hoon Lee is among them.
Closed Thread

Tags
2012, batman/tmnt, family themes, mirage, neca