The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 07-28-2017, 06:34 PM   #81
NoPressApril
Hench Mutant

I really like this figure. I was able to score 2 and I am sending them to AFA on Monday for uncirculated grading. I'll post pics when they get back.
NoPressApril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 06:49 PM   #82
tmntfannumerouno
Stone Warrior

Seeing whats on ebay now and what has already been sold makes me wonder how many of these went to scalpers and how many went to actual collectors.
tmntfannumerouno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 07:39 PM   #83
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored

A close friend of mine went to SDCC and said most of them went to scalpers.
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets

International shipping assistance: DARTHCJJ@GMAIL.COM
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 07:45 PM   #84
wpugh2424
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***First of Two Latin Kings*** View Post
Figured
Old 07-28-2017, 08:51 PM   #85
NoPressApril
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmntfannumerouno View Post
Seeing whats on ebay now and what has already been sold makes me wonder how many of these went to scalpers and how many went to actual collectors.
I am pretty sure that I purchased one from a press member and one from a vendor. I was so determined to get one that I ordered 2, each from a different seller on preview night. I figured that I would be lucky to get one, I was tickled when I actually got both! I'm grading them for preservation as well as the fact that I can grade them with the front flap permanently opened, and they will display beautifully.
Old 07-29-2017, 02:25 PM   #86
tmntfannumerouno
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***First of Two Latin Kings*** View Post
Yep that's what I figured
tmntfannumerouno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 05:37 AM   #87
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored

He said there was literally moaning and gnashing of teeth.
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets

International shipping assistance: DARTHCJJ@GMAIL.COM
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 08:03 AM   #88
NoPressApril
Hench Mutant

That's why I went in with a game plan. I was determined. Instead of spending thousands of dollars traveling and going to the con (for nothing apparently) I just gave in and paid the scalper prices. I found the average going rate as of preview night and ordered within that price range, knowing that anything less was just going to be "unable to get" and refunded. I know how scalpers are.
This is one instance where I can say that if not for those scalpers this actual collector would not have his figure. Yeah, I know. I didn't like typing it anymore than you liked reading it lol. I do think that anyone who pays these ridiculous scalper prices is more than likely an actual collector though, at 250.00 there isn't exactly a lot of room for profit (unless you were that original scalper who paid 30.00 lol.)
Old 07-31-2017, 09:39 AM   #89
TMNTFanatic4Life
Stone Warrior

I got my Comic con Usagi today. It's pretty cool and I'm happy I was able to get one.
TMNTFanatic4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 10:10 AM   #90
Coro
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoPressApril View Post
That's why I went in with a game plan. I was determined. Instead of spending thousands of dollars traveling and going to the con (for nothing apparently) I just gave in and paid the scalper prices. I found the average going rate as of preview night and ordered within that price range, knowing that anything less was just going to be "unable to get" and refunded. I know how scalpers are.
This is one instance where I can say that if not for those scalpers this actual collector would not have his figure. Yeah, I know. I didn't like typing it anymore than you liked reading it lol. I do think that anyone who pays these ridiculous scalper prices is more than likely an actual collector though, at 250.00 there isn't exactly a lot of room for profit (unless you were that original scalper who paid 30.00 lol.)
I paid 250 for mine and it arrived the other day. I only bought for that price if the box was mint and it was signed by Stan. I think 250 is fair for a mint box, with mailer and signed. At one point I was working with someone that refused to sent pics of the box in the 300 range. Lots of these were man handled pretty bad apparently.

Coro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 12:39 PM   #91
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

No surprise but Playmates sent one to Pixel Dan

Old 08-02-2017, 02:54 PM   #92
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
No surprise but Playmates sent one to Pixel Dan

Can't make myself watch the video. To envious that I couldn't get one for $30. I kind of always thought the reviews were for awareness of "available" products like infomercials. But I guess considering these aren't readily available this video is purely a show and tell.
TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 03:07 PM   #93
billcook1980
Random Punk

Pixel Dan is nothing but a tool. He loves rubbing in the fact that he gets sent these freebies.
billcook1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 03:52 PM   #94
Rewdog
Thug

Looks like I have been stitched up, paid $180 (plus GSP fees), this seems to go for $200+ now. Anyhow, seller told me had shipped and gave me a reference, this hasn't moved since 22nd which shows a label was printed. After chasing up, he insisted that it had gone as part of a pile of packages and should be appear when it has been scanned again.

I chased again last night and he has instantly come back and refunded me without seeming to interrogate USPS as to the whereabouts etc. However, I have noticed he sold another Usagi for $220 or so. Doesn't seem to quite add up although could be completely true.
Rewdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 06:09 PM   #95
OrokuYoshiFilms
Stone Warrior

Damn that sedge hat is sweet...
OrokuYoshiFilms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 12:04 AM   #96
ZacksSoUgly
Foot Soldier

I was at SDCC and can totally attest to the fact that these were definitely being bought out by the scalpers. I'm hoping some ACTUAL fans/collectors got one for retail, but based on what I saw and what I heard it doesn't seem like it. I had a badge that granted me early access, got in 30min before doors opened, and the Nickelodeon line was capped. Seems like it would've been extremely hard for a "normal" attendee to obtain one.

LUCKILY for me, I won a contest that Nickelodeon was doing on their Instagram story and I received an SDCC Usagi signed by Stan. They gave away 5 through that contest. I was really bummed after seeing the crazy lines and the scalper prices, but I got one for free so that definitely turned my frown upside down. (Not trying to brag or rub anything in, just saying...)
Kevin Eastman Interview

TMNT Collecting Social Media
Instagram : @ZOSOtmnt
ZacksSoUgly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 12:24 AM   #97
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

Quote:
Originally Posted by billcook1980 View Post
Pixel Dan is nothing but a tool. He loves rubbing in the fact that he gets sent these freebies.
I agree with you, and nice first post!
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 12:37 AM   #98
snake
Disgusting

Jeez, they really screwed this one up. Has a SDCC exclusive EVER been handled properly?
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 06:54 AM   #99
I Crave Pizza No More
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZacksSoUgly View Post

LUCKILY for me, I won a contest that Nickelodeon was doing on their Instagram story and I received an SDCC Usagi signed by Stan. They gave away 5 through that contest. I was really bummed after seeing the crazy lines and the scalper prices, but I got one for free so that definitely turned my frown upside down. (Not trying to brag or rub anything in, just saying...)
Congrats, man. Glad that a real fan was able to get one.
I Crave Pizza No More is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 07:46 AM   #100
Danakin
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
Jeez, they really screwed this one up. Has a SDCC exclusive EVER been handled properly?
NECA's, this year in fact.

If you're talking specifically Nick/Playmates, then the last two I was present for (Shadow Leo and Chrome Shredder) were easy to obtain.