The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Current Events

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2018, 07:35 AM   #181
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
That man is "healthy" in the same way an old dog that sits on the porch all day is healthy. Sure, he might not have any OBVIOUS problems, but could he chase a rabbit and catch it? Not bloody likely. I would bet that of a zombie apocalypse broke out, he couldn't run fast enough (or long enough) to get away. He'd be eaten quickly.....

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
Old 01-18-2018, 09:41 AM   #182
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
By all means, donald might be lighter then he looks. But I'd peg him for closer to 130-40kg when seeing photos of him.
Could be true. Although the 110 is believable to me. It’s difficult to judge because he often has loose fitting clothing on. He could have very thin old man legs and be top heavy.

It will be interesting to see the before an after presidency photos. Most presidents have noticeable changes in appearance do to the stress of the job.
Old 01-18-2018, 09:56 AM   #183
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

It really is getting pretty... what's the word... SAD!

Investigation into Russian ties...

"Russia! Proof of collusion is coming! Mueller Time!"

Ends up: No proof of collusion.

"Well... there probably is! I just know it!"

Lots of videos and hubbub from congressmen about articles of impeachment being drawn up, etc....

"YES! Finally! He's getting impeached!!!!"

Ends up: Nothing happens.

"Well... he'll still probably get impeached, I know it!!!"

Impending health exam of President...

"Finally, here it comes! It'll be proven he's super sick/unfit for office, possibly psychotic for certain! I saw him eating a Big Mac in a picture once!"

Ends up: He's perfectly healthy.

"That dumb doctor was forced to lie! Trump's clearly super ill!"

On and on and on... chasing after one thing to the next, to the next, insatiably. Leading to nowhere but disappointment. Is this healthy?
Old 01-18-2018, 10:03 AM   #184
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

I'm not disappointed the guy is healthy and neurotypical, if anything I'm relieved.
This means he's conscious of the decisions he makes and the things that he says, and we can hold him fully responsible for those things.

Not that nonneurotypical or sick people shouldn't also be held accountable for their words and actions, but that there's a big difference between choosing to be an asshat for funzies and coming across as one because reading social cues is an added challenge.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
Old 01-18-2018, 10:21 AM   #185
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

I don't care what a doctor says, or which President we're talking about. I don't really believe that we'd find out, in this day and age, if a President had serious health issues or not.

They (the President, be it Trump, Hillary, W, Gore, whoever) would have one particular doctor who could be trusted not to go off script. C'mon, you're President of the frickin' USA... you absolutely have health issues after a few months. The stress is gonna take a toll.
Old 01-18-2018, 10:22 AM   #186
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
On and on and on... chasing after one thing to the next, to the next, insatiably. Leading to nowhere but disappointment. Is this healthy?
Similar things happened with all the Obama conspiracy theories. Only now the term is “fake news.” These types of political strategies seem inevitable nowadays.
Old 01-18-2018, 10:27 AM   #187
plastroncafe

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
I don't care what a doctor says, or which President we're talking about. I don't really believe that we'd find out, in this day and age, if a President had serious health issues or not.

They (the President, be it Trump, Hillary, W, Gore, whoever) would have one particular doctor who could be trusted not to go off script. C'mon, you're President of the frickin' USA... you absolutely have health issues after a few months. The stress is gonna take a toll.
There's this too.
Plus, his private medical information is only our business if it makes him incapable of doing his job.
Quote:
Quote:
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
Old 01-26-2018, 11:01 AM   #188
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Trump's first year in office was the "year of the woman." In 2017 Trump hired more women for senior-level positions in the White House than Obama, more than George W. Bush, and more than Clinton.

http://thehill.com/opinion/white-hou...r-of-the-woman

I can't imagine why this isn't being talked about in the press.
Old 01-26-2018, 11:30 AM   #189
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
I can't imagine why this isn't being talked about in the press.
But "lefty" narrative...

Trump is literally Hitler and USA on the verge of Nazi dictatorship!!
Which is usually said by people, who have no ****ing clue what real dictatorship is. If any of those idiots think that US is authoritarian state, than they need to grow up and take a trip to North Korea or even Russia.
Old 01-26-2018, 11:43 AM   #190
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/25/u...el-russia.html

Apparently Trump tried to fire Muller last June but backed off when the White House counsel threatened to resign.
Old 01-26-2018, 11:45 AM   #191
plastroncafe

How many more women than men did Trump appoint?
The OpEd seems to be fuzzy on that.

And I can't help but question the use of the word "inane" when describing the focus of the media on the cabinet members directly in line for the Oval Office...because, that's kind of an important thing, isn't it?
Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-26-2018, 11:49 AM   #192
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/25/u...el-russia.html

Apparently Trump tried to fire Muller last June but backed off when the White House counsel threatened to resign.
So, the story here is that Trump wanted to do something he totally had the power to do, he met with his team to discuss it and instead of barging ahead on his own he was convinced by his team not to do it and followed the lead of his Counsel.

How does this story not fly directly in the face of every negative trait that the Left has painted Trump with since he entered the race?
Old 01-26-2018, 11:55 AM   #193
plastroncafe

Quote:
...but ultimately backed down after the White House counsel threatened to resign rather than carry out the directive.
If you do this I'm out, and you're on your own, reads a bit differently than, sir, this isn't a good idea and here's why.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-26-2018, 11:58 AM   #194
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

besides if Trump did fire Muller he would look even more guilty than he already is.
Old 01-26-2018, 12:02 PM   #195
sdp
Megan Fox = April

The left made fun of Fox News for so long that they literally created the Fox News of the left. I fear this lack of awareness will lead us to 8 years since they haven't learned a damn thing. Worst of all is it affects me more than any of the whiners ever will. It's really upsetting.
Old 01-26-2018, 12:25 PM   #196
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
The left made fun of Fox News for so long that they literally created the Fox News of the left.
Boy, did they.
Old 01-26-2018, 12:38 PM   #197
dl316bh
Stone Warrior

Quote:
So, the story here is that Trump wanted to do something he totally had the power to do, he met with his team to discuss it and instead of barging ahead on his own he was convinced by his team not to do it and followed the lead of his Counsel.
Convinced my ass. He got an ultimatum and backed down, which probably saved him. He gave the order and only stood down when his counsel said "if you do this, I walk" because said counsel wasn't a complete moron and presumably knows what happened to Robert Bork, the last guy to carry out an order like that.
Old 01-26-2018, 01:09 PM   #198
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
The left made fun of Fox News for so long that they literally created the Fox News of the left. I fear this lack of awareness will lead us to 8 years since they haven't learned a damn thing. Worst of all is it affects me more than any of the whiners ever will. It's really upsetting.
I don't think Trump will have another 4 years, but one thing that I am pretty much confident in, is that whoever will be after him, won't be able to fix divide which is going on in US of A.
Righties and Lefties are too much polarized at this point and even if new President will pander to Lefties, they will blame him or her, for not being progressive enough and so on.

Anyway, it will be interesting show.

As for "self-awareness of Left" most of the loudest ones never had it: it's hard to have self-awareness when you convinced in your own moral superiority to everyone who dare not to breath your way. Some local "Lefties" on this forum are prime example of that.

In general, it is funny, how those people despite saying how moral superior they are, use the same dirty methods of their opponents. Which was one of those things, that made me dislike them.
If you pretend to be good guy - act like it. If you pretend to be good guy, but use dirty tricks - than stop with pretentious showmanship. I am not against idea of using "dirty tricks" for to achieve good results, but people who do this should at least be aware that what they do is as dirty as when their opponents do it.

Last edited by Sumac; 01-26-2018 at 01:14 PM.
Old 01-29-2018, 05:50 AM   #199
Refractive Reflections
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
But "lefty" narrative...

Trump is literally Hitler and USA on the verge of Nazi dictatorship!!
Which is usually said by people, who have no ****ing clue what real dictatorship is. If any of those idiots think that US is authoritarian state, than they need to grow up and take a trip to North Korea or even Russia.
"But sexual harassment enabling NBC/MSNBC told me that Trump speaks like Hitler!"
Old 01-30-2018, 12:05 PM   #200
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Trump won't pass the Russia Sanctions that were voted on. Gee I wonder why

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/...ongress-376813

Tags
andrew likes tags