The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Rise of the TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 09-25-2018, 06:23 AM   #21
D Piddy 1982
Stone Warrior

This is the first episode I've managed to catch and I thought it was great. Wacky, funny, the turtles just doing stuff in their down time. Seems the people who make this stuff can't win. One TV or comic series where people moan about not enough Turtle down time, the next thing people complaining they don't want down time. These are just quick fire one shot episodes which I guess have the major story arc come up every few episodes. Bring it on, I like it.
D Piddy 1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 12:17 PM   #22
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Just caught this over the weekend...

...Rofl, some people like this s*it and have the gall to say the Fred Wolf cartoon is a disgrace on here

Imbeciles.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 01:18 PM   #23
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by D Piddy 1982 View Post
One TV or comic series where people moan about not enough Turtle down time, the next thing people complaining they don't want down time.
Was pretty much my point when I was saying:
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
I mean, we're getting two weeks of eps and exactly how many involve the actual allover theme they tried so hard (well, mild effort) to sell us on? Maybe ONE with just a repeat of the Origami something or other ep this week?
I love me some decent downtime, but it needs to be a healthy mix of actual storyline peppered with down time here and there. (And better concepts for it than things like this episode.)

A part of me just hopes they're getting some of the weaker 'nothing' episodes out of the way and will a little later really focus a bit more on the actual theme this series supposedly has. But not holding my breath. Had they sold it as a show of them just doing random stuff... fine. But they've tried to sell us on this "mystic" thing, so get to it.

edit: Keeping it as half hour blocks with one half being actual theme driven and then a follow up "downtime" ep would have worked out nice.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 09-25-2018 at 01:23 PM.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 03:00 PM   #24
Dejablue
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by D Piddy 1982 View Post
This is the first episode I've managed to catch and I thought it was great. Wacky, funny, the turtles just doing stuff in their down time. Seems the people who make this stuff can't win. One TV or comic series where people moan about not enough Turtle down time, the next thing people complaining they don't want down time. These are just quick fire one shot episodes which I guess have the major story arc come up every few episodes. Bring it on, I like it.
**** downtime doesn't count. I want something a little more coherent than spastic nonsense.

^^^^
SHELLHEADS Inc.- A TMNT Discord!
Dejablue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 03:09 PM   #25
miru
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Was pretty much my point when I was saying:

I love me some decent downtime, but it needs to be a healthy mix of actual storyline peppered with down time here and there. (And better concepts for it than things like this episode.)

A part of me just hopes they're getting some of the weaker 'nothing' episodes out of the way and will a little later really focus a bit more on the actual theme this series supposedly has. But not holding my breath. Had they sold it as a show of them just doing random stuff... fine. But they've tried to sell us on this "mystic" thing, so get to it.

edit: Keeping it as half hour blocks with one half being actual theme driven and then a follow up "downtime" ep would have worked out nice.

In other words, by the end of the season, this show needs to

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1YmS_VDvMY

And yes, the prior show had the same problem at times. Like how we had a ton of filler in Northampton before we got back there. Or how there were a bunch of filler episodes before anything major with the Foot in season 2.
Old 10-07-2018, 02:42 AM   #26
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

This episode was the zaniest so far, felt very much like something you'd see for the What a Cartoon! showcase. I found it hilarious that shaved Splinter kept a sick-pack abs patches of fur. I liked stage 4 the best since we see some of Splinter's ninja skills which he apparently unleash on anyone when he's in the middle of his flu XD

Stage 3, 5 and six was also fun and seeing the Turtles progressing in the quarantine with their sickness gave some laughs too.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 05:02 PM   #27
Poweranimals
Foot Soldier

What exactly did Splinter say at the end? It sounded like "Daddy needs a new bike." or something along those lines.

Last edited by Poweranimals; 10-19-2018 at 05:15 PM.
Poweranimals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 09:11 AM   #28
Cowa
Random Punk

Location: I'm pretty sure I'm living somewhere inside my mind
Ain't gonna lie, this episode cracked me up because of its sheer stupidity. I liked it the same amount I was weird out by it. That feverish Splinter was pretty disguting afterall, lol.

It's just a filler episode and it wouldn't bug me if it added something to the story. The way it was, it didn't. I was the whole time thinking "man what have they done to TMNT??", but since it made me laugh, it was one of my favorites episodes so far.

And no offense, but I believe that the last cartoon dealt a lot better with its fillers. For example, the Northampton episodes that was mentioned above... They weren't just random, meaningless episodes for they were used to show character growth. Leo needed time to come with terms with what happened and regain his confidence, Donnie learnt a bit more about himself and the way he expressed his feelings for April, etc. And here we have an episode about a feverish rat going crazy and his sons wanting to explore (and run away of) his sickness. :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poweranimals View Post
What exactly did Splinter say at the end? It sounded like "Daddy needs a new bike." or something along those lines.
I'll have to rewatch it and then I'll let you know, ok?
Old 11-23-2018, 12:49 PM   #29
Poweranimals
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowa View Post
Appreciated.
Old 11-24-2018, 11:08 AM   #30
Cowa
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poweranimals View Post
Appreciated.
Just checked it and you were right, he asked for a new bike.
Old 12-15-2018, 12:25 PM   #31
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Splinter is rat-nasty but I loved the ran-dumbness of this episode.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 04:04 PM   #32
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowa View Post
Ain't gonna lie, this episode cracked me up because of its sheer stupidity. I liked it the same amount I was weird out by it. That feverish Splinter was pretty disguting afterall, lol.

It's just a filler episode and it wouldn't bug me if it added something to the story. The way it was, it didn't. I was the whole time thinking "man what have they done to TMNT??", but since it made me laugh, it was one of my favorites episodes so far.

And no offense, but I believe that the last cartoon dealt a lot better with its fillers. For example, the Northampton episodes that was mentioned above... They weren't just random, meaningless episodes for they were used to show character growth. Leo needed time to come with terms with what happened and regain his confidence, Donnie learnt a bit more about himself and the way he expressed his feelings for April, etc. And here we have an episode about a feverish rat going crazy and his sons wanting to explore (and run away of) his sickness. :/

It's not that kind of show. Most of the eps will be filler and random zaniness.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 07:40 PM   #33
Powder
So tired of this place

For the love of God, you people need to stop calling Standalone episodes "filler".

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 09:02 PM   #34
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

But since the term doesn't apply to arc-centered eps, isn't that kind of the definition of filler?
Old 12-15-2018, 09:11 PM   #35
Powder
So tired of this place

"Filler" is a pejorative that insults the people who work hard to create fun, self contained features, only to have them dismissed as dollar stretching fodder by entitled fans.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 09:38 PM   #36
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

I dunno, I never considered "filler" to be an insult, seeing how eps can go either way; good ideas or not to much. 2012 has its share of them and I liked the majority. Some of those were "just filler," but decent filler nonetheless
Old 12-16-2018, 06:59 AM   #37
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

Filler episodes are entries in a generally continuous serial that are unrelated to the main plot and generally serve only to take up space. This could also be considered "padding."
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 12:38 PM   #38
Cowa
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeotheLateBloomer View Post
Filler episodes are entries in a generally continuous serial that are unrelated to the main plot and generally serve only to take up space. This could also be considered "padding."
I agree with you and I may be wrong but this is the only definition of filler that I ever heard of. And like IndigoErth said, I never thought of filler episodes as an insulte because fillers can result in good episodes too. I mean, there are plenty of filler episodes of many different shows out there, there are filler arcs even, and a great part of them are good and enjoyable so I see no problem with them.
No offense, I only complain about Rise fillers because a) they are too much for a series that started being aired yesterday and b) some of them don't add anything in any form.

Last edited by Cowa; 01-09-2019 at 02:47 AM.
Cowa is offline   Reply With Quote