The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 11-22-2015, 11:08 AM   #21
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

It's been my experience that running wears a body out faster and more efficiently than boxing. Don't get me wrong, there's a whole bunch of catharsis to be found with a heavy or speed bag, but to get out of a funk I need to move all of me.

Of course...I apparently like pussy sh*t things more than straight men...which is really odd, when one thinks about it.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 11:23 AM   #22
Prowler
Emperor

I dislike running, especially on a treadmill.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 12:48 PM   #23
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Don't worry. I'm from the future. In about 15 years, everybody gets sacks of grass in the mail with those little sample boxes of Tide detergent, and within about 6 months literally nobody on Earth is an asshole anymore.

So, yeah, buy stock in Doritos.
Oh my god now that I'm sober I get this.

The irony.
Old 11-22-2015, 04:05 PM   #24
pennydreadful
trash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vine View Post
Not depression, but another mental issue...may I join your group PennyDreadful?
The group I meant was Leo's, dude - you're better off joining his; there's some mental health stuff in mine IIR but his is a far better support space.

Back to the OP, there's not a one size fits all solution - there are a lot of different types of depression; some chemical (of which there are numerous sub-types - melancholic, cyclothymic, dysthymic, unipolar, bipolar, psychotic, and which will have different treatments/treatment options), some situational, some chronic, some are co-morbid with other conditions (like anxiety)... you get the gist. I don't know the particulars of your case or what healthcare options you may/may not have, but I honestly do wish you the best with it (not that well-wishes actually translate into something useful when it comes to things like this, but mental illness is a bitch and I do empathise).

Creator of the Technodrome After Dark Discussion Group. PM for an invite (must be over 18 - no exceptions).
pennydreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 05:20 PM   #25
shuriken
Second City Shinobi

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
It's been my experience that running wears a body out faster and more efficiently than boxing. Don't get me wrong, there's a whole bunch of catharsis to be found with a heavy or speed bag, but to get out of a funk I need to move all of me.

Of course...I apparently like pussy sh*t things more than straight men...which is really odd, when one thinks about it.
I see what you did there

I dunno i get more tired Sparring than I do running. For me it helps with a lot of stuff, not just depression. Feel better, look better and just generally more positive.
Old 03-11-2016, 08:11 AM   #26
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

Thanks for all your thoughts and advice, guys. I've actually been doing a little better... but last night has completely left me deflated.

A really good friend of mine hung himself.

His brothers found him in his room yesterday morning. I know its trite to say in ones passing, but I mean it when I say he was one of the funniest, big hearted people I ever knew. Always brought levity to any situation. He was so young, guys... still in his 20s. I wish he had reached out to me. We're all left with so many questions we'll never have answers to.

Sorry... Just needed an outlet.

To anyone else suffering through depression, just keep fighting. You may never win, but you don't have to lose. Reach out, get on some meds, try new things. Just keep fighting. This whole experience has made me get over my resistance to take meds for depression. I always felt medicating myself was not allowing my natural state to exist or some sh*t. I'm over it. Going to see the Doc tomorrow.

Hope everyone else is going okay.
Krutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 12:11 PM   #27
CyberCubed
Overlord

Man, that's really sad. You have my sympathy, Krutch.

Sometimes you don't actually know when someone is deeply hurting until its too late. What a shame.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 11:01 AM   #28
bushido
Stone Warrior

I regularly suffers from depression. When you can't find anyone to listen to you and understand you, you tend to isolate yourself. It's a vicious circle that is difficult to get out.
Old 05-22-2016, 12:41 PM   #29
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Sorry for the bump, just recent concerns for a friend prompted me to post this

I came out of a very dark place in 2010. I was losing my mind and had developed symtoms of psychosis. I believed we were all going to die in a massive psi-wave and ascend to the fifth dimension...and every day my mind tricked me into thinking that particular day would be it. Then I thought grey aliens were visiting me to tell me it was all ok.

I eventually caved in and checked into a hospital, and I've been on medication ever since, however I have never felt better and am in such a good place, you know why?

Because the thing that triggered me, the one event that set me off in 2007 and contributed to what came in 2010...no longer has any negative effect on me, it came, it went, and...it did'nt matter.

That's what most of these things amount to in the end, nothing, so don't make them something. You don't need to pass when what troubles you certainly will.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 04:20 PM   #30
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

I used to suffer from depression as a teen but no longer.

I found that the root cause was a belief that I was not good enough. In a consumerist society where people seek validation via material things, college degrees, incomes, having children amd even anti depressants etc, it is easy to trick yourself into believing that you are not sufficent if you do not obtain whats considered to be good.

I used to feel like being swallowed by darkness and i believed i had a chemical imbalance, until i changed my perspective. Everything was filtered through my mind and I made my mind believe that I was content regardless of the situation. Now, I can be in the worst situation with the worst of pain, but my mind would never self-loathe or lose its inner peace.

This is precisely why many faiths and religions are so fufilling and many believers can go to incredible extents and not be phazed by material circumstances. There was a monk in south vietnam who sacrificed himself via self immolation in order to protest the persecution of buddhists by the christian dominated government. He got burned to death, but never moved a muscle while meditating and calmly left this world in a state of compassion and peace. There was another monk, name I cant remember, who spent 33 years in chinese prisons for protesting for tibet's independance. The man suffered all sorts of hellish torture, from being held upsode down outside in the coldest of days, having scalding water thrown on his head and being hit with large rods that knocked him unconscious. Yet, the man never held a grudge against his torturers and still lives by the values of peace and forgiveness.

The best advice I can give to depressed people is to believe and have faith in themselves no matter what others say because it all ultimately comes down to your beliefs and perceptions about the world around you. I know i may get heavily criticised for prioritizing it over anti depressants and what not, but ask yourself? Do I believe and have faith in myself at all times, especially when the world doesn't bow down to your will?

Last edited by FredWolfLeonardo; 05-23-2016 at 09:02 PM.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 08:58 PM   #31
plastroncafe

I'm glad you found something that worked for you.
Quote:
Quote:
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
Old 05-24-2016, 08:36 AM   #32
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill

Yeah religion isn't going to work like cases like mine.

Mine's gotten worse. I'm absolutely sure of that. I see a doctor in a couple days so I'm going to see what can be done about that. But I don't really have any hope left at this point since I've been depressed since I was around 11 or 12 years old and that's so many years I'll never have back. Years that I'll never get to live as myself, not the self that's plagued by mental illness.
Old 05-24-2016, 09:33 PM   #33
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netkeeper View Post
Yeah religion isn't going to work like cases like mine.

Mine's gotten worse. I'm absolutely sure of that. I see a doctor in a couple days so I'm going to see what can be done about that. But I don't really have any hope left at this point since I've been depressed since I was around 11 or 12 years old and that's so many years I'll never have back. Years that I'll never get to live as myself, not the self that's plagued by mental illness.
You'll only believe in your contentment if you had the years you wanted? Would you be content if you had 1, 2 or 10 years given back to you? Where's the exact standard and why not believe you are complete regardless of the circumstances? Not believing in yourself if you don't get what you want is not going to bring anything back, and basing your beliefs regarding your well being on the fluctuating physical world will only result in disaster because the world doesn't attend to our whims or care about us.

Go and see your doctor, sure, I would never stop you from doing that, but for a minute, I advise you to try and believe in yourself and disassociate yourself from the illusion of control.

And about mental illness, I am by no means denying it, but think about this, Whats the exact standard of being 'ill'? A behavior that is seen abnormal in one society is perfectly normal in another. Behaviours in the past like homosexuality were not seen as normal but now are accepted. Similar, behaviours like depression and schizophrenia might have been accepted in the past as normal occurences but are now seen as a problem to be eliminated from society because they do not fit with in the western norms of life.

The point I am trying to make is, society at large has influenced you regarding what you believe is fine or not for yourself. All societies have had their people base their self worth on things like whether they had a "perfect" childhood, a "good education", financial "security comfort" and what not. I advise you to practice non-attachment and not believe that any of these things affect you personally. In short, do not shape your perceptions of self-worth on the material world and try to legitimately believe and have faith in yourself no matter what stands in your way. It worked for Palden Gyasto, so it might work for you if you give it a try

I wish you the very best for the doctor's visit and regardless of whether i am fully right or dead wrong, I have the best of intentions for you or anyone going through this. Peace

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 09:49 PM   #34
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill

I will admit, I was wary of what you had to say since I'm unfamiliar with you as a person and I've been exposed to a lot of people trying to talk to me as if they're fully 100% aware of every condition in my personal life, but you didn't do any of that so thanks.

But yeah, I would be okay with getting about ten years back, if it meant I could still carry the knowledge I have with me now. Because I really think I could have gotten help sooner if I'd sought the help properly instead of distrusting it or acting aggressive.

I mean, it's impossible so there's no real point talking about it, but good god I ****ed up so bad. Well, I mean, it's not my fault at all, but I could have taken charge and tried to look after myself. Instead I didn't and turned away so much.
Old 05-25-2016, 08:45 AM   #35
plastroncafe

The path to hell is lined with good intentions.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-28-2016, 04:54 PM   #36
Icebot
Foot Elite

I think I'm suffering from depression right now because I am overloaded with negativity. Some of my family isn't doing so well. I heard that my uncle cheated on my aunt by having a relationship with another woman, their daughter has addiction problems and is struggling. My grandma isn't getting along with some of my family. I just want to get out of there.
Icebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 11:31 AM   #37
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill

I'm being started on cognitive behavioural therapy

I was going to add something more meaningful to this post to give it substance but I stopped giving a **** halfway through the post's creation so this is all you get
Old 06-12-2016, 05:52 AM   #38
ZariusTwo
Overlord

So a punk in the PD section, neatoman, is going about trying to get everyone to think I'm a weirdo because I made a mention of Turtles Forever possibly having something to do with TMNT: Out of the Shadows being a failure, and targeting me for my age.

Dealing with Aspergers I'm used to being labelled like this, but it really does sting when they try to use your odd ideas to paint you in a negative light and try to use it to dismiss your ideas and opinions. Most of us here should not be made to feel like weirdos, we get enough of that just by remaining fans of this franchise.

I've been feeling pretty down since that Youtube singer's murder yesterday, I already got banned from Comicvine for losing my cool with someone and I don't want to go down the same route here.
Old 06-12-2016, 06:39 AM   #39
Mew
Banned

Why don't you put neatoman on your ignore list so you don't have to listen to his crap?
Mew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 08:45 AM   #40
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mew View Post
Why don't you put neatoman on your ignore list so you don't have to listen to his crap?
He is, but I occasionally catch his quotes from other people here and there.