The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 12-06-2019, 11:12 AM   #881
CrookedNinjaTurtleGang
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weapons@theready View Post
My target told me there are no NECA reps involved with their NECA line and they(Target) do it all themselves and have never seen any Turtles come in and that their system shows they will never stock them. Just alot of BS from my target, but that's the norm in Odessa, Texas
I just sent you an IM. I am now hitting two stores in the AM on way to work, one at lunch, and two others on the way home - all have their own version of the truth. One of the most helpful Target guys I know told me that they cannot even check inventory on these items (presumably a derivative of them being VMI -- vendor-managed) and that they are in sealed crates in the back (if present) like Excel (trading/game cards) and it depends on when the Neca person comes in.

Another store "checked inventory" and "checked in-route" and advised nothing and nothing. It seems one of these must be a ****-and-bull story or each isn't entirely true.

I'll keep up the hunt for another week or two, but it gets tiring.

Last edited by CrookedNinjaTurtleGang; 12-06-2019 at 11:31 AM. Reason: add IM notation
CrookedNinjaTurtleGang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 12:11 PM   #882
Trailbreaker77
Foot Soldier

If anyone on here is willing to help me out shoot me a PM, if not I understand and I’ll keep looking.
Trailbreaker77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 01:15 PM   #883
useasneeded4pain
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrookedNinjaTurtleGang View Post
Another store "checked inventory" and "checked in-route" and advised nothing and nothing. It seems one of these must be a ****-and-bull story or each isn't entirely true.
Yep, these items being vendor-managed results in the incorrect info this store gave you. They either don't notice, and don't care, that the items are vendor-managed, thus the inventory and in-route will always show nothing.

NECA dropships these directly from the NECA warehouse to the individual Target stores (probably via FedEx, that's what NECA used for TRU), so they're never going to show up on the in-store tracking devices.
useasneeded4pain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 01:29 PM   #884
CrookedNinjaTurtleGang
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by useasneeded4pain View Post
Yep, these items being vendor-managed results in the incorrect info this store gave you. They either don't notice, and don't care, that the items are vendor-managed, thus the inventory and in-route will always show nothing.

NECA dropships these directly from the NECA warehouse to the individual Target stores (probably via FedEx, that's what NECA used for TRU), so they're never going to show up on the in-store tracking devices.
Beautiful - thanks very much for demystifying and explaining the reasons behind all the aspects I'd mentioned- huge help!
Old 12-06-2019, 01:32 PM   #885
M K S
New Recruit

I've been to 7 Targets out here in Colorado..... I have not seen ANY Bebop & Rocksteady's - just all other sets. At one of the Targets I spoke with the rep who stocks them... he was CLUELESS and told me to just order them directly from NECA lol.

If anyone has a set of B&R I'd like to buy it from you + shipping! Also if anyone needs any of the 3 other sets I've seen them frequently and can pickup a set.
M K S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 02:28 PM   #886
inaheap
Mad Scientist

NECA/Target really needs to start doing preorders on these. I'm not talking about here's a few thousand that will be gone in under a minute. I mean real preorders where what is ordered is made and guaranteed to the buyer.

We do not stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing

When I became an adult I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.
inaheap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 02:41 PM   #887
useasneeded4pain
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by inaheap View Post
NECA/Target really needs to start doing preorders on these. I'm not talking about here's a few thousand that will be gone in under a minute. I mean real preorders where what is ordered is made and guaranteed to the buyer.
NECA pre-sold almost 4,500 translucent blue variant 1990 Splinters. How many cartoon Bebop and Rocksteady do you think they could pre-sell? Double that number? Triple? I bet it'd be a lot.

It still shocks me that it's 2019 and companies/stores can't figure this stuff out with all the inventory/sales info available via tech.
Old 12-06-2019, 02:50 PM   #888
Weapons@theready
Hench Mutant

Quote:
NECA pre-sold almost 4,500 translucent blue variant 1990 Splinters. How many cartoon Bebop and Rocksteady do you think they could pre-sell? Double that number? Triple? I bet it'd be a lot.

It still shocks me that it's 2019 and companies/stores can't figure this stuff out with all the inventory/sales info available via tech.
Its really frustrating especially when you see that you can do the preorder with Gamestop and the movie figures. I know some people had some hiccups with that but its still better than this system they have with Target
Weapons@theready is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 04:05 PM   #889
useasneeded4pain
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Its really frustrating especially when you see that you can do the preorder with Gamestop and the movie figures. I know some people had some hiccups with that but its still better than this system they have with Target
I agree completely. It's really, really sad when an ordering/hunting experience makes me go, "Man, I wish GameStop got these instead!"
Old 12-06-2019, 04:07 PM   #890
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaynomics930 View Post
I could care less about the box. I just need good figures!
I'll grab a set for you if I see 'em.... -thumb's up-
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 06:28 AM   #891
Swaynomics930
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Picked up a Bebop and Rocksteady this morning during my conference period! They had one more B&R and two foot solider packs. I am willing to help out, I just don’t want to get screwed over
I dnt want to get screwed either I need these
Swaynomics930 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 09:29 AM   #892
I Crave Pizza No More
Mad Scientist

Quote:
If by hiccups you mean being charged $250 + tax for the Batman set but never receiving any of the figures, and being refused a refund, then I'd rather take my chances at Target or just break down and buy a set on eBay.
I Crave Pizza No More is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 11:34 AM   #893
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored

If you don't know the process by which you need to obtain your refund via your card issuer/payment method that's on you. It can be a headache but you always take that chance when you buy something online. Except on ebay where returns are now forced despite any evidence you may be able to provide as a seller.
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets

International shipping assistance: DARTHCJJ@GMAIL.COM
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 02:09 PM   #894
Marm O. Set
Random Punk

Just got back from Target in Roanoke VA. Plenty of Don/Leo and Foot Soldiers, but no Bebop/Rockseady. The employee told me that people were waiting in the store for the NECA stocker and snatched all the B/Rs immediately. I have been in at least 10 different Targets since October which was the advertised release date. For the last month I have been going to the one nearest my house pretty much every day. Now that specific Target is telling me they won’t ever get them... can this be right?!?! Have I been wasting my time by going to this specific store??!?!? AAARGH!
I really hope a NECA rep reads these posts. This is absolutely maddening and I’m giving up. If NECA wants my money, take pre-orders. Sell from your site. Do something better than this laughable system that encourages scalpers. Pretty much anything has to be better than this! Seriously, it’s 2019; surely you can find a better solution than this.

Last edited by Marm O. Set; 12-08-2019 at 02:16 PM.
Marm O. Set is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 03:31 PM   #895
wpugh2424
Mad Scientist

If ur a scalper, I say let’s duel, haha
Tired of it.
Old 12-08-2019, 03:52 PM   #896
I Crave Pizza No More
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***First of Two Latin Kings*** View Post
If you don't know the process by which you need to obtain your refund via your card issuer/payment method that's on you. It can be a headache but you always take that chance when you buy something online. Except on ebay where returns are now forced despite any evidence you may be able to provide as a seller.
Nope, sorry, dude. Paid via PayPal and PayPal has told me repeatedly that they cannot issue a refund. Please don't make assumptions--I said exactly what I meant.
I Crave Pizza No More is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 04:18 PM   #897
teemu
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marm O. Set View Post
Just got back from Target in Roanoke VA. Plenty of Don/Leo and Foot Soldiers, but no Bebop/Rockseady. The employee told me that people were waiting in the store for the NECA stocker and snatched all the B/Rs immediately. I have been in at least 10 different Targets since October which was the advertised release date. For the last month I have been going to the one nearest my house pretty much every day. Now that specific Target is telling me they won’t ever get them... can this be right?!?! Have I been wasting my time by going to this specific store??!?!? AAARGH!
I really hope a NECA rep reads these posts. This is absolutely maddening and I’m giving up. If NECA wants my money, take pre-orders. Sell from your site. Do something better than this laughable system that encourages scalpers. Pretty much anything has to be better than this! Seriously, it’s 2019; surely you can find a better solution than this.
While I don't condone the scalpers, by the time you actually find a R&B set, you will have already spent double in just gas,time,and wear and tear on your car...there is nothing fun about hunting for these so sometimes it's just better to do it the easier way through a scalper. Neca isn't going to change anything unless they up the production numbers by quite alot, as they cannot sell outside of Target. The cartoon sets can only be made through them.
teemu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 06:35 PM   #898
inaheap
Mad Scientist

I agree sometimes you just have to give in to the scalpers.

That said, Going forward I say do preorders on target.com. Still sold through target. Let's the fans lock theirs in. If they can do ship to store it still even gets them coming in.

We do not stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing

When I became an adult I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.

Last edited by inaheap; 12-08-2019 at 06:41 PM.
inaheap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 07:54 PM   #899
useasneeded4pain
Foot Soldier

Target has $10 off $50 and $25 off $100 toy coupons this week that work on the NECA stuff, too. Good way to get the Turtle repaints if you’re on the fence, or toy army build those Foot.
Old 12-08-2019, 09:25 PM   #900
mikey see
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Target has $10 off $50 and $25 off $100 toy coupons this week that work on the NECA stuff, too. Good way to get the Turtle repaints if you’re on the fence, or toy army build those Foot.
Yep, great way to get those figures... if they were ever in stock. Which they're not.

But yeah, came here to say the same. I don't know how long the promo will last but hopefully something will come back into stock in time to take advantage of the deal.
mikey see is offline   Reply With Quote