The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 05-29-2017, 01:57 PM   #41
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

And there it is. The Graphic Design flubs I was warned about in class .

Who's responsible for this?
Old 05-29-2017, 02:24 PM   #42
CyberCubed
Overlord

Well the hardcover collections collect everything up to the end of issue 50 already. Man, they caught up fast even if this one doesn't come out till early 2018.

Now the hardcovers only have to collect from issue #51 to present, including the Bebop/Rocksteady mini, Universe so far, and Dimension X.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 02:45 PM   #43
ToTheNines
[sic]

Definitely buying the Inside Out directors cut. I've recently been thinking about buying the Universe TPBs so as to have the back up shorts all told as whole stories, so hopefully they keep these coming.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 04:26 PM   #44
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

That would be great to eventually have some IDW masterworks volumes released that collected more issues in a single volume. Like a big ol' omnibus with a sewn binding. I think if IDW keeps up the pace we will have 16 volumes collecting up to issue #100.

I am not complaining because that is awesome to have 16 HC volumes, means you have been successful. I even have some ordered and on the way. But would love to have the option of perhaps seven larger (but not to large) volumes rather than 16. I think this is far down the road though.
TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 09:21 AM   #45
myconius
Abby Normal

Location: the grave marked "Unknown" right beside Arch Stanton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlZarkovski View Post

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The IDW Collection Volume 6

Old Hob, Slash, and their crew have become a force to be reckoned with, and, when someone close to the group is kidnapped, the Mutanimals end up on an adventure more wild and dangerous than they could ever have imagined. Then, the Turtles return from Burnow Island to find unimaginable tragedy. As the family struggles to cope, an enraged Foot Clan prepares its revenge. Meanwhile, Casey prepares for a final showdown with Hun as the Purple Dragons run amok, and April has come into possession of an ancient scroll that seems to point to answers regarding the Pantheon. It all leads to a final showdown as Karai decrees a Gauntlet battle between Splinter and Shredder.

Collects the Mutanimals mini-series, issues #45-50 of the ongoing series, the 2015 Free Comic Book Day issue, and the Casey & April mini-series.

https://www.amazon.com/Teenage-Mutan...=ninja+turtles
very awesome! i've been waiting for this to finally be announced!

so i'm thinking Vol. 7 might possibly be feature Michelangelo on the cover?
Old 06-01-2017, 10:53 AM   #46
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by myconius View Post
very awesome! i've been waiting for this to finally be announced!

so i'm thinking Vol. 7 might possibly be feature Michelangelo on the cover?
So what are the cover thus far again?

All I can recall off the top of my head is that Raphael was on Vol. 1
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 10:59 AM   #47
myconius
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProphetofGanja View Post

i have them here-

Raphael
Splinter
Leonardo
Donatello

and the cover with April should be shipping soon
Old 06-01-2017, 11:01 AM   #48
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

Quote:

I think something like this..
Raphael Vol.1
Splinter Vol.2
Leonardo Vol.3
Donatello Vol.4
April Vol.5
Shredder Vol.6
Michelangelo Vol. 7?

Is it just me or does the spine for Vol 6 pic above look very similar to Vol 4 spine?

Last edited by TurtleWA; 06-01-2017 at 11:08 AM.
Old 06-01-2017, 11:32 AM   #49
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

These hardcovers collect approximately 15 issues right?

So Vol. 7 will likely collect the main-ongoing stories Order from Chaos (5 issues), Leatherhead (3), Fox Hunt (2), Chasing Phantoms (4) and the Christmas Special

Then I'd guess Vol. 8 would have TMNT:B&RDE (5), TMNTU The War to Come (4), TMNTU Leatherhead & Old Hob (1), and then maybe the Desperate Measures arc (4) from the main series and the TMNTU Wyrm issue? Not sure how'd they'd want to divide up the issues that came out around then

(I'm looking at the IDW Chronology to see the likely divisions)
Old 06-01-2017, 11:57 AM   #50
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

Quote:

So Vol. 7 will likely collect the main-ongoing stories Order from Chaos (5 issues), Leatherhead (3), Fox Hunt (2), Chasing Phantoms (4) and the Christmas Special

Then I'd guess Vol. 8 would have TMNT:B&RDE (5), TMNTU The War to Come (4), TMNTU Leatherhead & Old Hob (1), and then maybe the Desperate Measures arc (4) from the main series and the TMNTU Wyrm issue? Not sure how'd they'd want to divide up the issues that came out around then

It gets a little confusing for me thinking that far ahead with vol 8, but still fun to consider. I would be okay if B&RDE got left out and TMNTU 7&8 got put in. But then it's looking like a TMNTU collection, which already exists with two volumes. Also what about the recent FCBD issue? I guess it's best to save that issue for when the mini is collected?

So vol 5 will have the TMNT/Ghostbusters crossover. I like that idea. Haven't had a chance to read it yet.

Last edited by TurtleWA; 06-01-2017 at 12:03 PM.
Old 06-01-2017, 12:13 PM   #51
myconius
Abby Normal

i'm very curious how they'll fit in the stories from Tmnt: Universe into the IDW Collection.

i can't see them leaving those out for a separate set of collected HC books, since 'the war to come' directly ties into the scene with Bishop and Darkwater in issue #65.
Old 06-01-2017, 12:33 PM   #52
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleWA View Post
It gets a little confusing for me thinking that far ahead with vol 8, but still fun to consider. I would be okay if B&RDE got left out and TMNTU 7&8 got put in. But then it's looking like a TMNTU collection, which already exists with two volumes. Also what about the recent FCBD issue? I guess it's best to save that issue for when the mini is collected?
Yeah, this is a bit of putting the cart before the horse, but I plan on replacing all my TPBs with the hardcovers so I'm very curious where the breaks between issues will be

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleWA View Post
So vol 5 will have the TMNT/Ghostbusters crossover. I like that idea. Haven't had a chance to read it yet.
Ooooh, I'm excited for you! Have you read any of IDW's Ghostbusters? It's not necessary for the crossover, but its a pretty good series if you're into the franchise

Quote:
i'm very curious how they'll fit in the stories from Tmnt: Universe into the IDW Collection.

i can't see them leaving those out for a separate set of collected HC books, since 'the war to come' directly ties into the scene with Bishop and Darkwater in issue #65.
Yeah exactly. TMNTU should fit in with the hardcovers since the stories are so intertwined. They really are a great complement to the main ongoing
Old 06-01-2017, 12:36 PM   #53
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:

Hopefully the Christmas issue isn't in Volume 7. Pepperoni and Agent Bishop's roles are small, but still make more sense after B&RDE and Universe 1-4.

Maybe they could put some shorts there to fill it out? "Inside Out" comes out to be 20 pages, so that would work.
Old 06-01-2017, 12:38 PM   #54
myconius
Abby Normal

Quote:
Yeah exactly. TMNTU should fit in with the hardcovers since the stories are so intertwined. They really are a great complement to the main ongoing
if and when they get up to the Tmnt:Universe stories, i'm very curious to see how they fit in with the regular Ongoing series.
Old 06-01-2017, 12:52 PM   #55
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
Hopefully the Christmas issue isn't in Volume 7. Pepperoni and Agent Bishop's roles are small, but still make more sense after B&RDE and Universe 1-4.

Maybe they could put some shorts there to fill it out? "Inside Out" comes out to be 20 pages, so that would work.
Ah, now there's a thought, a pretty good one too. I didn't like the idea of skipping TMNT:B&RDE and TMNTU The War to Come just because of space limitations, but the back-up would probably fit nicely.
Old 06-01-2017, 02:11 PM   #56
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

Quote:
Yeah, this is a bit of putting the cart before the horse, but I plan on replacing all my TPBs with the hardcovers so I'm very curious where the breaks between issues will be

Ooooh, I'm excited for you! Have you read any of IDW's Ghostbusters? It's not necessary for the crossover, but its a pretty good series if you're into the franchise

Makes sense to be curious especially when wanting to replace your tpb collection. Nope, never read any Ghostbusters comics. I was only saying if IDW had to cut something I prefer B&RDE cut over TMNTU. But I think IDW can figure it out eventually so everything gets a reprint in HC format. Which is great for us fans. HC are just so cool when done well.

Last edited by TurtleWA; 06-01-2017 at 02:25 PM.
Old 06-01-2017, 02:16 PM   #57
myconius
Abby Normal

if anything they might just have to not be so rigid with the 15 issues per HC book.
they just have to adjust the price accordingly depending on how many issues were contained.
Old 06-02-2017, 05:40 AM   #58
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Ah, now there's a thought, a pretty good one too. I didn't like the idea of skipping TMNT:B&RDE and TMNTU The War to Come just because of space limitations, but the back-up would probably fit nicely.
Yeah, the Christmas issue is meant to be read right before TMNTU #5 anyways (which is actually titled "Urban Legends", not "Old Hob and Leatherhead". One of several errors I'm seeing on that wiki timeline).

It might end up getting kinda crazy with all the backups and what not, but I'm sure they'll end up in a decent reading order.
Old 06-02-2017, 05:49 AM   #59
myconius
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
Yeah, the Christmas issue is meant to be read right before TMNTU #5 anyways (which is actually titled "Urban Legends", not "Old Hob and Leatherhead". One of several errors I'm seeing on that wiki timeline).
that's the problem with a wiki page, you never know what kind of looney bird is editing it.
Old 06-02-2017, 06:14 AM   #60
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
that's the problem with a wiki page, you never know what kind of looney bird is editing it.
I used to be big into the editing the wiki because other fandoms have such large comprehensive ones, but I quit after some idiot kept insisting the turtles all had Italian middle names and would just undo everything we edited of his.

Some places even have stubborn, ignorant administrators. Makes it even more frustrating.

Tags
idw's tmnt