The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 12-15-2020, 09:26 AM   #21
ABrown
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zog The Magnificent View Post
Season 7 sucks though.
Season seven was so bland. I would've preferred that it had introduced a new villain, rather than doing a third Shredder. I found Cyber Shredder very unappealing. When I hear people say a villain is evil just for the sake of being evil, Cyber Shredder is what comes to mind for me. Looking back, I would've preferred a second Fast Forward season instead of BTTS. The final episode would've had the turtles and Master Splinter coming back to the present.
ABrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2020, 12:04 PM   #22
CyberCubed
Overlord

Season 7 was weak overall but still had some eps I really enjoyed like, "The Engagement Ring," "Hacking Stockman," and the season opener, the second one with Khan and Casey in the Foot recruit school, and of course the weddling finale.

The Cyber stuff got old after the second episode about it, and the fillers like the Green Mantle parody ep were really weak.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2020, 12:38 PM   #23
Cake-Monster85
Banned

I just thought that the sillier this show got, the better it became. TMNT is for kids so the sillier it is the better it holds up to the concept.
Cake-Monster85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2020, 01:50 PM   #24
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cake-Monster85 View Post
TMNT is for kids so the sillier it is the better it holds up to the concept.
You have to go back.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2020, 01:53 PM   #25
Cake-Monster85
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
You have to go back.
Go back? To where exactly? Do you mean to the original comics? Never read those. Not funny enough, I'm told.
Old 12-15-2020, 05:17 PM   #26
Leo656
The Franchise

I think he means "back to the factory".

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfan View Post
I watched the whole series through a couple of years back, FF just seemed like a step down from what I was enjoying prior. (yes I liked season 5 which is also disliked by a number of people). Mostly down to visual and to a point tonal change.
Yeah, I haven't seen a ton of Fast Forward but I really didn't like what I did see.

The 4Kids show was already fine and didn't need any significant "retooling". If you're going to replace something, ideally the "replacement" should be better than the thing it was replacing, and FF was not in any way, shape or form "better" than 4Kids. If anything it was a regression.

It came off in execution like exactly what it was: a Hail Mary play to help Playmates sell a bunch more toys.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2020, 05:23 PM   #27
Cake-Monster85
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
I think he means "back to the factory".

Yeah, I haven't seen a ton of Fast Forward but I really didn't like what I did see.

The 4Kids show was already fine and didn't need any significant "retooling". If you're going to replace something, ideally the "replacement" should be better than the thing it was replacing, and FF was not in any way, shape or form "better" than 4Kids. If anything it was a regression.

It came off in execution like exactly what it was: a Hail Mary play to help Playmates sell a bunch more toys.
I don't know what that means.
Old 12-15-2020, 05:26 PM   #28
Leo656
The Franchise

I'm not gonna speak for Powder, it's just what my gut tells me he meant. If I'm mistaken he'll no doubt correct me, he's good like that.

I just know that statements like "TMNT is for kids" and "The sillier the better" doesn't win a person too many friends in this particular neighborhood.

Old 12-15-2020, 05:33 PM   #29
Cake-Monster85
Banned

Quote:
I'm not gonna speak for Powder, it's just what my gut tells me he meant. If I'm mistaken he'll no doubt correct me, he's good like that.

I just know that statements like "TMNT is for kids" and "The sillier the better" doesn't win a person too many friends in this particular neighborhood.
Still confused! Is that some kind of knock or something? And isn't Powder that guy that got into with the other Greg? Is that why he was nearly banned? Or is it that Sage guy? Or was it you, Leo656? Somebody on here is the reason why PizzaPower decided to leave. It's true. He said as much. Told me not to even come here, but yall dont seem like Godless commies so it's not so bad here.
Old 12-15-2020, 05:47 PM   #30
Leo656
The Franchise

I won't speak for Powder.

I wasn't aware Greg left. Definitely wasn't on account'a me, we always got along. He's one of the few people here worthy of my email address. We didn't agree on every single thing but more often than not, and he always struck me as an "agree to disagree" type, even though we're pretty much polar opposites politically. I must have missed whatever flame-up he had with someone else. Shame. I should send him an email. Thanks for the heads up, wasn't aware he "quit".

But yeah, he was just giving you some friendly advice, sounds like. This place skews older and while I haven't taken a census recently, "It's all for kids/the sillier the better" generally seem to be minority opinions. Most people who feel that way eventually get tired of people not agreeing with them and drift away on their own. Nobody makes 'em, they just get sick of the opposing "side" being the majority and dominating the conversation, so they leave.

People are "allowed" to like whatever they want, but in my experience the folks who lean towards the "sillier" side of things really don't like it when people disagree or challenge their opinion. They tend to prefer echo chambers to actual conversation. As such, they typically have more fun on the official TMNT FB page.

It is what it is. And it's been that way for a very long time.

Old 12-15-2020, 05:55 PM   #31
Cake-Monster85
Banned

Quote:
I won't speak for Powder.

I wasn't aware Greg left. Definitely wasn't on account'a me, we always got along. He's one of the few people here worthy of my email address. We didn't agree on every single thing but more often than not, and he always struck me as an "agree to disagree" type, even though we're pretty much polar opposites politically. I must have missed whatever flame-up he had with someone else. Shame. I should send him an email. Thanks for the heads up, wasn't aware he "quit".

But yeah, he was just giving you some friendly advice, sounds like. This place skews older and while I haven't taken a census recently, "It's all for kids/the sillier the better" generally seem to be minority opinions. Most people who feel that way eventually get tired of people not agreeing with them and drift away on their own. Nobody makes 'em, they just get sick of the opposing "side" being the majority and dominating the conversation, so they leave.

People are "allowed" to like whatever they want, but in my experience the folks who lean towards the "sillier" side of things really don't like it when people disagree or challenge their opinion. They tend to prefer echo chambers to actual conversation. As such, they typically have more fun on the official TMNT FB page.

It is what it is. And it's been that way for a very long time.
Well I dont know much about it. He just mentioned at work and asked if I was still gonna join here and I said yeah and he was like "I'm gone" and said it was on account of some private war of words or something and told me to be careful. He said yall are a bunch of... "Conservatives" was I believe the word. So, hell I voted for Trump 2x. Ya'll cant be that bad!

IF we're gettin' off on the wrong foot here, allow me to bow down then. I aint gonna leave unless I get so-called banned. with the exception of some Liberals here (you know yourselves) yall aint half bad. Forgive me, I'm new to the rules, but I know how to behave too.
Old 12-15-2020, 07:00 PM   #32
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Hmm... yeah, I dunno... I feel like you could have been here another time...

As to the question posted, I don't hate Fast Foward, the TMNT are decent enough, but I always felt the new foes are rather weak. And Serling the robot annoys me...and then he just had to follow them home to the next season.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2020, 07:05 PM   #33
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Hmm... yeah, I dunno... I feel like you could have been here another time...
Starting to wonder about that myself.

Old 12-16-2020, 01:50 PM   #34
Sumac
Banned

It started very weak, especially after banging Lost Tribunal, but it gets better by the end.
I wonder what could have been of the second canceled FF season.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2020, 02:10 PM   #35
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
It started very weak, especially after banging Lost Tribunal, but it gets better by the end.
I wonder what could have been of the second canceled FF season.
I've always really regretted not getting to see "The Devil and Baxter Stockman" or whatever it was called.
Old 12-16-2020, 03:36 PM   #36
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

I enjoy Fast Forward just fine. Though it's far from one of my favorite seasons. I liked Cody and his love interest Starlee Hambarath. His Uncle Darius made for an interesting villain (whom I believe the made it to the IDW). I want to say this was the Batman Beyond of this series since they both take place in the far future but even that's a stretch since this season is much more lighthearted in comparison.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2020, 05:10 PM   #37
CyberCubed
Overlord

My advice is to ignore the 3 Triple Threat episodes (which were the wrestling one with Raph, the Turtle Titan one, and the race ep with the cars), and some of the videogame-centric eps were kinda dull, but other than that and a few weak eps in the beginning, the rest of the eps ranged from average to good.

Had the animation been the same as the first 5 seasons it would have been a much easier transition too. But I enjoyed the better eps for what they were.
Old 12-16-2020, 05:50 PM   #38
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
My advice is to ignore the 3 Triple Threat episodes (which were the wrestling one with Raph, the Turtle Titan one, and the race ep with the cars)
Oh, yeah, for real. Those were the weak link in this series, no doubt about it.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2020, 05:57 PM   #39
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Oh, yeah, for real. Those were the weak link in this series, no doubt about it.
Triple Threat was the only FF villain I genuinely hated, he felt way too silly for this show and didn't even feel like a TMNT character.

All the others like Shokon'obo, Viral, Jammerhead, Torbin Zixx, the Dark Turtles, Zuko the Triceraton gangsters, Darius and the Inuwashi Gunjin all felt like TMNT characters. Also the development with the Inuwashi Guinjin and Torbin Zixx as well as Dark Leo was generally good in the show. Shoko and Viral made for some pretty good villains by the end too and unique enough.
Old 12-16-2020, 06:31 PM   #40
sdp
Megan Fox = April

I don't remember caring for any of the original FF villains, I went in wanting to like them. I don't remember Shokanobo, perhaps he was ok but wasn't he in cahoots with Darius? I remember the dark turtles being underwhelming, they became good by the end right?

I actually enjoyed the Turtle Titan episode, but I think that might only be me, it was fun to see how mikey had inspired the son of Silver Sentry.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote