The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 08-16-2019, 11:11 AM   #41
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
I'd imagine during the Fred Wolf storyboarding phase there has to be some sort of scene where, IDK, Mikey doing a spinkick to Shredder's face would have been considered too violent for the censors, so let's have him throw a pizza at him instead!
It was okay during the first three seasons, it's when the show moved to CBS then that stuff really started to happen.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 08:21 PM   #42
shihe
Hench Mutant

Thumbs down

Ten years?? Woah. Ten years ago I just got into watching the 2003 Turtles show.

Well I loved the movie. It was crisp, action packed, great humor (imo),
lots of references, and had an epic final fight with high sitakes.

I agree that the representation of the 80’s turtles has been less than stellar. But at least they were tolerable. As opposed to what Nick Turtles writers did.
Like I can tolerate having the turtles crying when scared as an exaggerated gag. But having the Nick turtles teaching them how to fight because they apparently can’t? That was way more insulting.

I too hope that if they do a crossover with Rise Turtles, they don’t rehash Forever, and they make the FW turtles competent and skilled. You can fight using your environment to your advantage AND be skilled in fighting, just ask Jackie Chan. :p

(Ideally, gather turtles from 2k3, and Nick too. Maybe mix them up in the craziest 4x4 teams)

P.s. Posting this from a mobile device has been an absolute nightmare.
Old 08-23-2019, 11:56 AM   #43
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by shihe View Post
I too hope that if they do a crossover with Rise Turtles, they don’t rehash Forever, and they make the FW turtles competent and skilled. You can fight using your environment to your advantage AND be skilled in fighting, just ask Jackie Chan. :p
It would be nice if next time they fit the FW TMNT within the continuity of their own series.
Old 08-23-2019, 12:01 PM   #44
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by pferreira View Post
It would be nice if next time they fit the FW TMNT within the continuity of their own series.
One problem is that we, the TMNT fans, know the continuity of previous cartoons and comics better than many of the producers.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 12:36 PM   #45
Garfield
Hench Mutant

Its been a while since I saw it. And I did enjoy it for the most part. I like so many others hated the portrayal of the Fred Wolf turtles. Like I wouldn't mind a joke or a jab here and there about the ridiculousness of the cartoonish aspect of the Fred Wolf Turtles, but I remember feeling like there was a tinge of mean spirit and dishonesty behind the portrayal of those characters. But other than that, I found it enjoyable.

Funny thing, even though I didn't really like how they did the Fred Wolf turtles, they were still the funniest characters in that program. "Utrom Shredder?... Sounds Swedish!" so I guess it wasn't all lost.
Garfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 05:11 PM   #46
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
One problem is that we, the TMNT fans, know the continuity of previous cartoons and comics better than many of the producers.
Yeah that's annoying.
Old 08-24-2019, 07:04 AM   #47
I Crave Pizza No More
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
I loved it then, I love it now.
Ditto. only nitpick is the voices.
I Crave Pizza No More is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 08:06 AM   #48
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Strimlaren

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfield View Post
Its been a while since I saw it. And I did enjoy it for the most part. I like so many others hated the portrayal of the Fred Wolf turtles. Like I wouldn't mind a joke or a jab here and there about the ridiculousness of the cartoonish aspect of the Fred Wolf Turtles, but I remember feeling like there was a tinge of mean spirit and dishonesty behind the portrayal of those characters. But other than that, I found it enjoyable.

Funny thing, even though I didn't really like how they did the Fred Wolf turtles, they were still the funniest characters in that program. "Utrom Shredder?... Sounds Swedish!" so I guess it wasn't all lost.
Shredder was once called Strimlaren ("Shredder") in Sweden. Term only in use during the very early-1990's.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 06:06 PM   #49
Maelxich
Thug

It was okay one issue I had with it was the fact they could not get any of the original actors back to voice their characters I know why they could not just made everything feel off. If they ever rerelease it I would love it if it came with the actors reprising their rolls redubbing it just as a bonus
Maelxich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 07:31 PM   #50
Mario500
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelxich View Post
It was okay one issue I had with it was the fact they could not get any of the original actors back to voice their characters I know why they could not just made everything feel off. If they ever rerelease it I would love it if it came with the actors reprising their rolls redubbing it just as a bonus
I would love such a release, too.
Mario500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 10:57 PM   #51
IMJ
Emperor

I love Turtles Forever. I still do. I couldn't believe they pulled off combining the franchises the way that they did, and in some strange way it validated my love for the Turtle as a kid watching the Fred Wolf iteration. I feel the same way about the F.W. Turtles appearances in the 2012 show too...
IMJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 07:24 AM   #52
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelxich View Post
As well as the full version shown at the con

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 03:58 PM   #53
ABrown
Banned

I watched TF last night to complete my 4Kids series rewatch. It was a little better than I remember it being. I think when watching it immediately (within a week in this case) after watching the Back to the Sewer season, it's so much more enjoyable than the BTTS episodes. It made the movie more enjoyable than I remember it being.

There was one thing that I noticed when watching the DVD. The DVD case lists the film as being shown in "Fullscreen". And I remember one of the things that people hated about the DVD release was that it was presented in fullscreen and not widescreen. But I swear, what I was watching last night was definitely in wide screen. There was black bars on both the top and the bottom.
ABrown is offline   Reply With Quote