Official TMNT Staff/Cast

<quietly slides his BaxterFly pitch into a drawer>
PaulAllor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 07:52 AM   #302
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
That answers the question if Baxter Stockman will be a flyborg or not. I would like him to simply be Baxter Stockman, 100 % human mad scientist andcstay that way until thevend of the run.
Same, absolutely. Human Baxter Stockman has been an absolute joy...especially since he's not a doormat like the other two incarnations. The flyborgs were a pretty good shout out to those ones.
Old 02-03-2016, 08:29 AM   #303
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulAllor View Post
And KEEP it there! Bad Paul!
Old 02-03-2016, 10:06 AM   #304
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingoji View Post
This is more inspired by a different discussion on the board but i thought made for interesting musing; would you guys ever be interested in one-shots or minis inspired by fiction outside of your own (and Nick's) continuity?
For example, there's a thread on here discussing the Mutanimals, and the abandoned cartoon based on the Archie version of the team and complete with crazy 80's gimmickery. Would something based on the show notes for that appeal? Or a mini set within the Fred Wolf cartoon continuity (Transformers have done this once or twice with Sunbow), stuff like that? I thought it'd be kinda fun in an inconsequential kinda way.
It's possible, and we've floated ideas like that internally, but so far I don't think any of us have been particularly enthusiastic about going down that road. But maybe one day.
Bobby Curnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 12:51 PM   #305
sdp
Megan Fox = April

I'd love to see Baxter as a Fly eventually, Dr. Quease could be a replacement for when Baxter can't fit the mad scientist role. I'd also like to see Venus even if in an alternate future or some weird storyline, she doesn't have to be related to the turltes just another character even if it's no that important. She deserves to not be forgotten.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 03:18 PM   #306
Master Splinter
幸 - 愛 - 思う

Hey Bobby, Tom, and team!

With so many characters that can be used, what's a character that you would have loved to include into the story so far but can't because of licensing/legal reasons?

Everyone is doing a bang up job on this book. There's a reason it makes best of lists consistently and that's because of y'all.

Question for Tom... The Last Fall... Amazing. Any more on the burner?

-ms

(okay to print)
Old 02-03-2016, 03:27 PM   #307
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Splinter View Post
Hey Bobby, Tom, and team!

With so many characters that can be used, what's a character that you would have loved to include into the story so far but can't because of licensing/legal reasons?

Everyone is doing a bang up job on this book. There's a reason it makes best of lists consistently and that's because of y'all.

Question for Tom... The Last Fall... Amazing. Any more on the burner?

-ms

(okay to print)
As for characters that we've wanted to use but can't-- not that I can think of. We probably would have considered Tatsu for something due to fan request, but it's not like we had a role for Tatsu in mind and were bummed to find we couldn't use him.
Old 02-03-2016, 03:55 PM   #308
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulAllor View Post
Paul, do you want Bobby to smack you with a newspaper?
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 05:26 PM   #309
ChosenOne
Banned

Probably not something with an easy answer, or an answer at all, but is there a canon reason why IDW-verse Bebop and Rocksteady are so much stronger and resilient than other mutants, up to and including a powerhouse such as Slash? I'm leaving Leatherhead out because we haven't seen him in action yet, but I can't imagine he'll fare much better than Slash in a future comparison. Is it because they're mutated humans as opposed to mutated animals like all the other mutant characters in the comic? Seeing as how the ooze restored Arnold Jones to his prime and kept Shredder in top condition over the centuries, it could be hypothesized that its effects are much more potent on humans when it comes to enhancing overall physical performance, but still... What is the official stance on this? Will this idea ever be explored in the comic, and will we ever see other mutated humans?

Also, regarding all the talk about Stockman and the fly mutation, where does he get the organic components for his Flyborgs? Does he just clone those tiny fly humanoids and then add the robotics later? Is there an assembly line for the little buggers at T.C.R.I. or something? It's always bugged me (pun not intended) that everything else in the story is pretty much explained or addressed satisfactorily but those creatures seem to have come out of nowhere.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 05:48 PM   #310
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
Probably not something with an easy answer, or an answer at all, but is there a canon reason why IDW-verse Bebop and Rocksteady are so much stronger and resilient than other mutants, up to and including a powerhouse such as Slash? I'm leaving Leatherhead out because we haven't seen him in action yet, but I can't imagine he'll fare much better than Slash in a future comparison. Is it because they're mutated humans as opposed to mutated animals like all the other mutant characters in the comic? Seeing as how the ooze restored Arnold Jones to his prime and kept Shredder in top condition over the centuries, it could be hypothesized that its effects are much more potent on humans when it comes to enhancing overall physical performance, but still... What is the official stance on this? Will this idea ever be explored in the comic, and will we ever see other mutated humans?

Also, regarding all the talk about Stockman and the fly mutation, where does he get the organic components for his Flyborgs? Does he just clone those tiny fly humanoids and then add the robotics later? Is there an assembly line for the little buggers at T.C.R.I. or something? It's always bugged me (pun not intended) that everything else in the story is pretty much explained or addressed satisfactorily but those creatures seem to have come out of nowhere.
In terms of "power rankings" we classify Slash in roughly the same category as Bebop and Rocksteady. During mutation any given mutant that was created in a lab setting may have had their DNA messed with to produce stronger "final product" but that's just us putting some B.S. science behind it! No plans to explore the science of it much more than that. No comment on more mutated humans!

We saw Baxter creating the Flyborgs in his Micro. As to how he gets so many is up to speculation. He could have just mutated a bunch of flies and then added cybernetics to those mutants. Or maybe cloned... not something we've put any thought into, to be honest. Or at least, I haven't.
Old 02-03-2016, 06:04 PM   #311
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Curnow View Post
In terms of "power rankings" we classify Slash in roughly the same category as Bebop and Rocksteady. During mutation any given mutant that was created in a lab setting may have had their DNA messed with to produce stronger "final product" but that's just us putting some B.S. science behind it! No plans to explore the science of it much more than that. No comment on more mutated humans!

We saw Baxter creating the Flyborgs in his Micro. As to how he gets so many is up to speculation. He could have just mutated a bunch of flies and then added cybernetics to those mutants. Or maybe cloned... not something we've put any thought into, to be honest. Or at least, I haven't.
Thanks for the input! Personally, I used to rank Slash with the psycho safari twins as well, until #40 when he was taken out of the brawl early on by a "mere" tossed car. Can't imagine B&R going down that easily after all the damage they've soaked and literally shook off... But it is what it is, I guess. They were also doing pretty good in the gauntlet, right up until Donnie made his big return and whacked each of them once for an instant K.O. Granted, Metalhead exploding had to take a toll, but I believe this goes to show how close the three of them (B&R and Slash) are and that many times the outcome of a fight is a matter of circumstance. Also, and I can't stress this enough, personally, I've always seen Rocksteady as the strongest of the duo but they're so close, and so relatively far above the Turtles' paygrade without a little help, that it doesn't really matter anyway.

As for Stockman, I've gone back to his micro a couple of times to see if I'd missed something when he created the first Flyborg. As it turns out, I didn't. Chalk it up to an eager fan anxiously awaiting the next issue and going over every inch of the story so far to tide himself over until then.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 08:41 PM   #312
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Yeah, there's always going to be some fudging to fit the story. You could say that the car that hit Slash got his head at a bad angle (though we didn't really show that) and made him dizzy or whatever so he was out of the fight.

With the Bebop & Rocksteady fight in #50, remember that they had also been hitting each other a lot so were probably on their last legs after Metalhead exploded, so Don's KOs was just the finishing touch. I think we could have done a better job of showing that they were feeling the battle at that point though.

For what it's worth I think we've overpowered Bebop & Rocksteady a bit too much. I wouldn't be surprised if we walked back a bit on their invulnerability sometime in the future. Only so many buildings you can drop on them!
Old 02-07-2016, 11:51 AM   #313
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Does this sample of readership help convince you to attempt a one-shot or mini? We TMNT fans are really appreciative of your input into the overall narrative and want to see it in full dorm. You have a few writing assignments behind you.

http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=54410

I am not asking if you all will include them, but I was wondering your opinion on a couple of underrated villains. The Triceratons always overshadow The Federation who enslaved a few solar systems under its military dictatorship and felt that General Blanque had plenty of potential. What are your thoughts on him? Also, a mostly unused mutant duo, Groundchuck and Dirtbag?
Old 02-07-2016, 09:52 PM   #314
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Ha, that's flattering. If I had any inclination to write something by myself I could do it, but at this time I don't. Maybe one day. I do feel confident that Tom and I working together makes a stronger product than just me by myself.

General Blanque has never made an impression on me, he doesn't have much in the way of personality or design, in my opinion. That can be a good in terms of him being a blank slate to work with.

I think Groundchuck has a great design. I don't really have much opinion on Dirtbag one way or another. I don't really recall them very well from the cartoon.
Old 02-08-2016, 01:23 PM   #315
GeneralTragg
Foot Soldier

This may have been asked already, but what are the chances of Freddie E. Williams II picking up art duties on the on going?
Old 02-08-2016, 02:25 PM   #316
mrmaczaps
Banned

Any chance any of the one off cover artists could pick up a small arc on the ongoing or a mini series? Such as Ben Bishop or Sal Otero or Rich Woodall? Would love to see more of their work on Turtles.

Thanks.
mrmaczaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 03:23 PM   #317
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralTragg View Post
This may have been asked already, but what are the chances of Freddie E. Williams II picking up art duties on the on going?
I think seeing him on a side-series is much more likely. I like working with Freddie a lot and he's obviously very talented, but he's not my ideal fit for the ongoing title. He skews a bit "super hero" in style, where i'd like the ongoing title to retain an independent flavor to it.
Old 02-08-2016, 03:26 PM   #318
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmaczaps View Post
Any chance any of the one off cover artists could pick up a small arc on the ongoing or a mini series? Such as Ben Bishop or Sal Otero or Rich Woodall? Would love to see more of their work on Turtles.

Thanks.
A cover artist is certainly possible, but nothing planned for any of the artists you mentioned. Ben is developing quickly, but I think still has a way to go. I haven't seen much in the way of sequential work that makes me think that Sal or Rich would be a good fit for interiors.
Old 02-08-2016, 05:36 PM   #319
mrmaczaps
Banned

Quote:
A cover artist is certainly possible, but nothing planned for any of the artists you mentioned. Ben is developing quickly, but I think still has a way to go. I haven't seen much in the way of sequential work that makes me think that Sal or Rich would be a good fit for interiors.
I could show you a bunch of Woodall's work. His Johnny Raygun is amazing.

Ben is awesome. Love his Mashup characters. Sal does great work too. His cover was fun.

Thanks for the reply.
mrmaczaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 12:15 AM   #320
Wentos
Foot Soldier

Quote:
I think seeing him on a side-series is much more likely. I like working with Freddie a lot and he's obviously very talented, but he's not my ideal fit for the ongoing title. He skews a bit "super hero" in style, where i'd like the ongoing title to retain an independent flavor to it.
This would be so great. I'm really impressed with his work on the Batman/TMNT miniseries so far. I'd love to see his work again in some capacity.

(Ideally Jeremy Colwell would come too.)

- Release the Nick show on blu-ray
- Release the 4kids series in a complete series or season sets

Only then will we be satisfied.
Wentos is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bobby curnow, idw, idw's tmnt, questions, tom waltz