The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

View Poll Results: Do you believe in aliens?
No, I do not believe in the existence of aliens 7 18.42%
Yes, I believe that aliens exist, but I do not believe that they have visited Earth 10 26.32%
Yes I believe that aliens exist & that they've visited Earth but not influenced human affairs 6 15.79%
Yes, I believe that aliens exist, and that they have visited Earth and influenced human affairs 15 39.47%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-01-2018, 08:51 PM   #1
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Do you believe in aliens?

Inspired by this recent thread

Do you believe in the existence of extraterrestrial entities that possess human or above-human intelligence?

Do you believe that any of those entities have visited Earth?

Do you believe any of those entities have influenced human history?
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 09:40 PM   #2
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

We exist. Outside of our own planet what are we...? That's right. Aliens. To all other worlds, be they inhabited or not, we're aliens. We're already proof enough and it's silly and short sighted to think that there aren't more than likely others out there.

Now... are they coming here or do others know this planet is inhabited, let alone know of this planet at all? Not impossible I suppose, but far less of a chance imo. Although, I'll probably never have an answer for what I saw when I was 10 and still can't explain it... One of the things that always had me wondering.

Though I at least like to think with all the stars and galaxies we're always taking pictures of that maybe there is another world of people-like beings looking back our way with the same questions we have.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 09:43 PM   #3
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

By aliens do you mean natural and physical creatures like which are portrayed in science fiction movies or could it also mean supernatural figures like those in religions that exist outside the world?

If you mean the former, my answer is no, while if you mean the latter, my answer is yes.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.

Last edited by FredWolfLeonardo; 06-01-2018 at 09:53 PM.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 09:54 PM   #4
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
By aliens do you mean natural and physical creatures like which are portrayed in sciene fiction movies or could it also mean supernatural figures like those in religions that exist outside the world?

If you mean the former, my answer is no, while if you mean the latter, my answer is yes.
For the purposes of this conversation, I'm referring to the former although I do think having a discussion on the latter would be interesting and worthwhile
Old 06-01-2018, 10:03 PM   #5
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Whoo-boy! I've seen some stuff, is all I'll say.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 10:52 PM   #6
Prowler
Emperor

Do I believe in aliens as in those green ones who travel through space in flying saucers and want to conquer Earth? No. That's just what whoever first came up with that depiction of aliens imagined them to look like.

As for aliens as in life outside of Earth? Pretty sure it's been proven by now that it does exist. Wasn't water and some bacteria found on the surface of Mars some years ago? Now as for intelligent life like the human species? Well, so far nothing. The universe is huge and it will take us a veryyyyyyyyyy long time for us to develop advanced enough technology to explore the entire Solar System properly, let alone the entire universe. Who knows really? I'm gonna stand by this position, though: I'll only believe it when I see it. Until then, I won't. And, except for occasional times where threads like this are made, I never think of aliens or life outside of Earth.

I don't believe in any stories of people who claim to have seen UFOs or aliens by the way. They're always flawed and many times seem to be proved to have seen something totally different. I have never seen any solid evidence that aliens have visited Earth and left their mark in their planet. So based on this, if they're truly intelligent life out there, then it seems they're not technologically advanced enough to explore the whole universe or reach our planet yet either. And I sure as hell don't believe those people who claim to have been abducted by aliens.

Last edited by Prowler; 06-01-2018 at 11:01 PM.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 12:32 AM   #7
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Lately it is a strange thing. Like a Mandela Effect kind of thing... 6 years ago I implicitly remember watching videos of at least one, maybe two long retired astronauts who were talking about having been briefed about extraterrestrials. Now I can't find them.

That aside, I can't say that there has or hasn't been alien visits or observances. The ones reported... may well have been experimental ships from ours or other countries. Or some other phenomena. Or maybe loonies.

What I do know is that, where we're at as a society and our technological level and how vastly far away we are from being remotely able to visit far-off other habitable worlds (and we've observed several in the last few years)... and how close we are to running out of resources and burning out the planet. While there MUST be some life like ours out there somewhere in the billions of galaxies out there... it must truly take a remarkable one to "make it" long enough to devise the technology to master the ability to cross the stars feasibly. And that may mean a lot of things. It may mean that the final evolution man is... machine, true A.I.. The aliens we may think of out there... aren't going to be organic. And if they have said technology to cross the stars... they could certainly make us not see them if they didn't want us to.

It's a futile thing to contemplate.

Last edited by Andrew NDB; 06-02-2018 at 01:06 AM.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 12:45 AM   #8
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Here... figured I'd toss this in here. Went looking for UFO sightings reported in my state, as I'm always wishing someone would have seen what I did all those years ago, but local reports are extremely rare... but I found this "recent" video. (Fake much?)

I'd say it's less proof of UFOs and more proof that the last TMNT film was a recording of actual events and not fictional, because CLEARLY not every piece of the Technodrome from the last film went back through the portal and a piece has stayed afloat and drifted down the coast. (edit: Although I guess proof of Technodrome would also be proof of UFO.)

Old 06-02-2018, 01:10 AM   #9
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

One of the greatest stories I've heard of is from... Erik Larsen, of all people.

He spilled it on his FB and it has come up a few times. Basically he was a child, he was in the woods with a friend. A big ship/object/something came down and his friend was closer to it and was frozen in his tracks... then by the time he caught up to his friend, the thing whizzed off and his friend was unfrozen. He said his friend had no idea what he was talking about after he came to, that what Erik was saying was crazy.

And then 5 years or so later his friend died of inexplicable mass and sudden cancer.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 02:20 AM   #10
Powder
So tired of this place

I have reservations about the mainstream sci-fi/pop culture concept of them, but yes, I do believe there are some sort of "aliens" out there who have had a direct effect on our way of life one way or another. & you could say I view ghosts/angels/demons/etc. in a similar light. The "proof" goes so far back into human history that I find it hard to argue against. If nothing else, there are large parts of our past that require an explanation we'll likely never get.

On a whole, I think there are all sorts of things out there that we (regular folk) can't directly tap into/communicate with but sometimes get glimpses of or are affected by in various ways. Existence at its base level is so incredibly complex, & for all of man's greatest accomplishments, we understand (or are told we understand) such a very tiny percentage of it. Time, space, frequencies, vibrations, energies, light, it's all really wild stuff with so many facets to them that we don't yet & may never fully comprehend. Meh, this is already turning into a leaky faucet of pretentious babbling so I should probably curb myself. To the point, yes, I think there are extra-dimensional entities, however I don't necessarily have any strong opinions about the who/what/when/where/why. It's fun to speculate & wax the what-ifs sometimes, but

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
It's a futile thing to contemplate.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 02:45 AM   #11
Ninjinister
無問題

"Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying."
Old 06-02-2018, 12:10 PM   #12
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Hmm, so so far the Techndrome believes in aliens, 7 to 1
Old 06-02-2018, 12:28 PM   #13
Katie
Just...way too serious.

I do, i have seen a biiiiiig ufo that was seen across about 5 different states in the span of an hour or so. It had to be in orbit for that many people in that many states to have seen exactly what I saw in that small timeframe. Someone had to be driving it and as much SETI and government interest as i go it had to be really something.

Until I saw that, I was a skeptic. Now I believe 100%.

If you search google for January 15, 2015 UFO you should see the reports.

It was seen from South Carolina, Georgia, B’ham AL area, Louisiana, and Texas
Old 06-02-2018, 02:11 PM   #14
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinister View Post
"Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying."
That quote usually appears in threads like this, but I don't agree with it. If we're indeed alone in the universe, then that means we never have to worry about the possibility of being attacked or invaded by aliens one day. That is a very comforting thought, I'd say.

We have enough ******** to deal with on Earth already and yet people want to add aliens to the mix?
Old 06-02-2018, 04:46 PM   #15
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Well, there is also always the possibility that we're "those people" that they'd rather just avoid. Understandable.

If we maintain our human brand of crazy maybe they'll continue to leave us alone... Which shouldn't be hard.
Old 06-02-2018, 05:02 PM   #16
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Well, there is also always the possibility that we're "those people" that they'd rather just avoid. Understandable.

If we maintain our human brand of crazy maybe they'll continue to leave us alone... Which shouldn't be hard.
And if there's truly many inhabited planets with intelligent life forms out there, then why the heck do they seem to fly over our planet and visit it quite often? It's like every year there's a couple of stories about UFO sightings in several different countries. So, what do you guys think aliens come to Earth for? Food for thought.

And who's to say there aren't... humans in other planets as well? And that they're as divided as we are in many different nations and ideologies? And that they might be on par with us technologically or even more behind?

By the way, most of those UFO sightings seem to be nothing more than people being unable to identify what they just saw. So yea, they did see an Unidentified Flying Object, alright. But it never turns out to be an alien spaceship. Some experts never get to find out what it was, so maybe the ones they can't find an explanation for might be aliens, indeed. Who knows.
Old 06-02-2018, 05:47 PM   #17
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

If you were given the choice between having the ability to freely time travel or freely travel through all of space, which would you choose and which one do you think would more likely result in you finding aliens?

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 05:55 PM   #18
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
If you were given the choice between having the ability to freely time travel or freely travel through all of space, which would you choose and which one do you think would more likely result in you finding aliens?
I'd rather have the ability to time travel, but I wouldn't pick that ability based on the possibility of finding/meeting aliens.

I would love to go to space. It looks beautiful up there... but sounds scary at the same time.
Old 06-02-2018, 09:39 PM   #19
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Updated results so far: for every person on the Technodrome who does not believe in aliens, there are 3 who do
Old 06-02-2018, 09:47 PM   #20
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProphetofGanja View Post
Updated results so far: for every person on the Technodrome who does not believe in aliens, there are 3 who do
For the record, I haven't voted yet.

So basically: I believe there might be some intelligent life out there, but I don't think they're like the aliens we see on tv and in books.

I don't believe they have visited Earth. And if they did, it must have been before the human species was a thing. I mean, think about it: if there's some very technologically advanced civilisation out there that can easily travel all the way through across several galaxies to our planet... why would they be super secret about it as if they're anime characters creeping in and peeping into the female locker room? That doesn't seem very logical to me