The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 09-11-2017, 08:21 AM   #1
Tarris Vaal
Stone Warrior

Mutant Apocalypse Speculation and wishlisting thread

I'm kinda surprised this doesn't exist already but here we are -

In a vague attempt not to clog up the main discussion thread with what I sense will be a cloud of speculation and fan listing over what little we presently know of the last TMNT arc, please use this thread to put down your wild theories and discuss.

Please note that any and all posts here are pure speculation and should not be taken as certainties of any description.

So to get the ball rolling and for my own thoughts on how the last TMNT arc will go down then;

It will start off with Raph rescuing a convoy from bandits in a high speed chase. It will turn out that Raph is now a grizzled vigilante that protects innocents from the warlords and raiders that infest the apocalyptic 'badlands'. Possibly a Nightwatcher reference.

The chase will end with Raph finding a strange new mutant and its robotic protector. He'll recognise the robot as Don's creation and the new mutant will recognise him. Reasonably likely the new mutant girl will be called Venus because references.

We learn that 'Venus' is Don and Aprils daughter. We get an emotional series of played back clips via Metalhead 2.0 showing Don and April working on a terraforming machine to try and restore the world based on the Kraang tech from Series 1 but it doesn't work and can only be used as a weapon. We also learn that a masked Warlord learns of the tech and stole it, only later realising it needed a powerful psychic to control it. That warlord came back for April and Don and April died in the confrontation.

We learn that 'Venus' has inherited April's psychic power and that Don built the robot to protect her. We also learn that the warlord knows about her and thats why the bandits were chasing them. She tells him Dons device can also be used to save the world by restoring the old one (or something equally cryptic) and mentions the Fugitoid.

Raph grudgingly agrees to help protect her and get them to the device

We'll get some background info that the world went to hell after the turtles failed to stop some cataclysmic event. We learn that Raph blames himself for what happened, and that it was something he did/didn't do that destroyed the world they knew. We learn Mikey didn't make it during the battle and that Leo and Raph got into an argument and left in the years following. We meet an aged Casey who is now a kick ass badlands mechanic and perhaps his teenage daughter Shadow because references (Karais daughter as well? Why not?)

Chase scene with the bandits, leading to being 'rescued' and arrested by the EPF remnant led by Leo. Leo initially unimpressed with their story and explains that its his job to make sure the Warlord cant use the weapon. He is pressured into 'dealing with' the girl by his commanding officers. Leo can't do it and allows them to escape.

Final race to the secret device. Its revealed its a time travel device, able to make a jump back in time to before the cataclysm, but if they use it they erase their current timeline and Venus ceases to exist completely. However she is the only one who can use it.
Raiders arrive and attack, the Warlord is revealed to be a bitter and vengeful Mikey, Leo and the EPF make a last minute rescue and fight the bandits while Raph and Donbot hold off the Raiders long enough for 'Venus' to activate the machine. Leo and Raph reconcile in battle and we get some emotional fairwells (probably including a Terminator 2 reference as Donbot is destroyed protecting Venus). Evil Mikey turns out to be a truly tragic Mikey and we get a emotional gut punch as he and Leo reconcile even as they kill each other.

Raph is sent back in time and appears back in NYC before the cataclysm. He recovers quick enough to stop himself from doing/not doing the mistake he initially made and status quo is restored.

Last minute wrapping up with strong implications of April and Don getting together in the long term; Raph and Leo repairing their friendship and sticking together long term; and Mikey alive well and the heart of the group.

Happy endings all round, albeit that Venus no longer exists at all, Donbot died, etc, etc

Thats my theory on how it'll go down during Mutant Apocalypse. What is yours?

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...the-sedisverse
Tarris Vaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 09:00 AM   #2
NikitaZhukov
Thug

I suppose the villain is Verminator X.
NikitaZhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 09:10 AM   #3
newfan
Mad Scientist

Thanks for creating this, I'd like to see what everyone else thinks.
I don't think I can come up with a whole plot like that without taking more time to think about it

Raph may have something to do with the apocalypse starting or advancing given the title, I can see there being a separation/bad blood between Raph and Leo as that fits those two.
I hope I don't see Karai with Casey, Sadly I see her as dead and that forming part of Leo's pain. Maybe Raph caused it, adding to their feud? that's a bit stretched though.
As for the end, we may see them or almost all of them die but I can't help but think it could be undone somehow.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 09:20 AM   #4
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfan View Post
Thanks for creating this, I'd like to see what everyone else thinks.
I don't think I can come up with a whole plot like that without taking more time to think about it

Raph may have something to do with the apocalypse starting or advancing given the title, I can see there being a separation/bad blood between Raph and Leo as that fits those two.
I hope I don't see Karai with Casey, Sadly I see her as dead and that forming part of Leo's pain. Maybe Raph caused it, adding to their feud? that's a bit stretched though.
As for the end, we may see them or almost all of them die but I can't help but think it could be undone somehow.
I like your theory about Karai.

I think we will see Casey though. Ciro shared the Bodycount/Old Glory mask and I doubt that has anything to do with the FW 3-Parter.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 09:27 AM   #5
Vicky82
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
I like your theory about Karai.

I think we will see Casey though. Ciro shared the Bodycount/Old Glory mask and I doubt that has anything to do with the FW 3-Parter.
Yeah it is part of the final, you can see his mask in one of those colourscripts but no Casey though.

It's at the bottom of the picture.

Spoiler:

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 09:49 AM   #6
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82 View Post
Yeah it is part of the final, you can see his mask in one of those colourscripts but no Casey though.

It's at the bottom of the picture.

Maybe part of Raph's pain, he lost his buddy in battle (Casey)

I have no strong feelings either way with Shini but I could see her as a white haired witch in a temple, helping with her magic maybe.
Old 09-11-2017, 09:55 AM   #7
Vicky82
Emperor

Quote:
Maybe part of Raph's pain, he lost his buddy in battle (Casey)
I think Casey will appear in the final but I doubt he will survive till the end though.

Old 09-11-2017, 09:57 AM   #8
Tarris Vaal
Stone Warrior

Well Casey would be at worst around 68 - which makes him old, but not too old to still be marching around trying to fight (even if old age is catching up on him).

I think it'd be cool to see him at a grizzled old fighter grumbling at the rigours of age. Kinda like Whistler in the old Blade movies.

And yeah, Karai dying as a result of Raph's actions (unintentional or not) would be a great way to help drive Raph and Leo apart.

I suspect that everyone will 'die' in the finale one way or another, but it will be retconned so that the timeline never happened in the first place (see the original time travel theory in my first post)

Old 09-11-2017, 09:57 AM   #9
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
I think Casey will appear in the final but I doubt he will survive till the end though.
Actually, that may work better.

Edit: Imagine time was reset right back in the end, like to the beginning of the show, so it leaves you thinking it starts over again (but maybe in slightly different direction) ...but that wouldn't be a good ending.

Last edited by newfan; 09-11-2017 at 10:16 AM.
Old 09-11-2017, 10:09 AM   #10
Vicky82
Emperor

The only characters I can't see appearing in the final are Letherhead and Slash. I think they would of died a along time ago.

Obviously Kirby won't be in the final either.

Old 09-11-2017, 10:13 AM   #11
Sabacooza
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Maybe part of Raph's pain, he lost his buddy in battle (Casey
That would be cool but you'd never know that since they were never buddies in this series. However, maybe during those 50 years they did become buddies.

Did anyone ever take into consideration that maybe this is all just a tall tale that maybe Raph or one of the others is telling? Just a thought.

Last edited by Sabacooza; 09-11-2017 at 10:20 AM.
Sabacooza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 10:18 AM   #12
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
The only characters I can't see appearing in the final are Letherhead and Slash. I think they would of died a along time ago.

Obviously Kirby won't be in the final either.
Oh, what about Chompy?
Old 09-11-2017, 10:21 AM   #13
Tarris Vaal
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Quoted from Sabacooza
Did anyone ever take into consideration that maybe this is all just a tall tale that maybe Raph or one of the others is telling? Just a thought.
Interesting thought - though I wouldnt have considered Raph the type to come up with something like that. Perhaps as a hallucination brought on by bad pizza and too many movies?

Old 09-11-2017, 10:23 AM   #14
Vicky82
Emperor

Quote:
Oh, what about Chompy?
I expect he will still be alive and he may appear, unless he got too big and Bishop took him back to his Mum.

I hope Ice Cream Kitty is alive and will appear.

Old 09-11-2017, 10:26 AM   #15
neatoman
Emperor

What I hope: It's a natural ending that brings closure to series and the Mad Max homage makes perfect sense.

What I actually expect: A weird finale that just happened because the writers didn't know how to end it or if they were gonna get more seasons, so they made this just because they wanted to even it makes little to no sense having the show end like this. At least it'll be somewhat fun.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 10:26 AM   #16
Sabacooza
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarris Vaal View Post
Interesting thought - though I wouldnt have considered Raph the type to come up with something like that. Perhaps as a hallucination brought on by bad pizza and too many movies?
Could've been watching something like Mad Max and then fell asleep and had a dream about it. I can also imagine Raph telling a tall tale about how big and strong he was or being so manly he even had facial hair. It could explain the weirdness either way if it's a dream or an embellished story.
Sabacooza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 10:27 AM   #17
Vicky82
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post

As this final seems to focus on Raph, I expect he could be a narrator. Maybe he would talk about what has happened to the world and what happened to his family and friends, that sort of thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post

What I actually expect: A weird finale that just happened because the writers didn't know how to end it or if they were gonna get more seasons, so they made this just because they wanted to even it makes little to no sense having the show end like this. At least it'll be somewhat fun.
Actually Ciro said he did this final so no one can change it, just in case Nickelodeon decide to go back to this version with someone else doing it.

Last edited by Vicky82; 09-11-2017 at 10:33 AM.
Old 09-11-2017, 10:31 AM   #18
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
I expect he will still be alive and he may appear, unless he got too big and Bishop took him back to his Mum.
Unless he grows slowly, I could just see that fierce looking Raph riding on a fierce fire breathing Chompy.
Quote:

That would be cool but you'd never know that since they were never buddies in this series. However, maybe during those 50 years they did become buddies.

I thought they kinda were, I suppose not besties but more so than Casey and the other turtles anyway.
Old 09-11-2017, 10:35 AM   #19
Redworld96
Stone Warrior

Someone on Tumblr underscored that, in an interview to Kevin Eastman made this last April, someone asked him if he would ever create children of the turtles, human-mutant hybrids and he answered that he didn't want to say anything because it was kinda of spoilers and he can't say a word, but he warned that we should keep our eyes peeled because we might see some.
Maybe he was talking about the finale arc of tmnt 2012.
In that case maybe we can see descendants of the turtles.

This is the interview, and that part is in the minute 38:20 of the video.
Redworld96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 10:39 AM   #20
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarris Vaal View Post
Well Casey would be at worst around 68 - which makes him old, but not too old to still be marching around trying to fight (even if old age is catching up on him).
If it's a hard 50 years in the future, he's more like 71.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
finale not final, pappenbrooksonicfetish