The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 05-14-2007, 02:15 PM   #1
HalfcourtGame
Hench Mutant

Question Retromutagen Ooze

I recently got a couple cans of Ooze and wanted to open one. If I do this is it pretty much a forgone conclusion that it's gonna dry up? Anyone have any tips on how to keep it oozey? Thanks in advance.

I need Scratch!
MOC or loose complete
and Devil Shredder
MIB
HalfcourtGame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 08:08 PM   #2
BigApple3AM
Mad Scientist

I opened a sealed can, it's pretty much pure liquid now, not gel like before. If you want some ooze like stuff to play with the Spider-Man 3 line has goblin slime which is pretty much the same thing.
BigApple3AM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 11:22 PM   #3
Hero
British Bloke

Talking

The symbiote ooze is pretty cool too.

===HERO
Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 03:07 PM   #4
OA
Scatter the nuns!!

Yea, I wouldn't recommened opening it...though I'd be interested in knowing of any peservatives would work...
Old 05-15-2007, 05:13 PM   #5
NoPressApril
Hench Mutant

I bought a case and a half about a year and a half ago and the ooze was and still is just fine. The cans are sealed with a plastic cover and then the lid so if you keep the lid on it when it's not in use it should be just fine. There's also a can on Ebay right now from a sealed case and the seller says the ooze is just fine, still oozey. Oh and woo hoo I finally learned how to get an avatar under my name!
NoPressApril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 07:28 PM   #6
BigApple3AM
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoPressApril View Post
I bought a case and a half about a year and a half ago and the ooze was and still is just fine. The cans are sealed with a plastic cover and then the lid so if you keep the lid on it when it's not in use it should be just fine. There's also a can on Ebay right now from a sealed case and the seller says the ooze is just fine, still oozey. Oh and woo hoo I finally learned how to get an avatar under my name!

Hey man, welcome to the boards. I've been seeing you dropping comments more often, and you seem to know what you're talking about. Always nice to have another toy nut on the boards.

Mine was sealed too, with the little plastic wrap. It's completely possible that mine was kept at abnormal temperatures. But even so, why take the chances when there's better alternatives. This stuff really wasn't made to last forever, or even a year. Kids like me lost most of it in the carpet. Keep the ooze can sealed (idk maybe it's just me but keeping it sealed makes it a little nicer) and substitute your ooze play with goblin slime (the venom slime is cool too, but it's black, try and get the 2 pack with goblin and venom if you like both, ignore the stupid sandman sand) or maybe get the stuff in the quarter machines like at k-mart/toys r us.

It shouldn't be hard to make actually. I talked to my dad who is a food scientist and I think he said it's a completely lethal substance when in powder form, but when liquid is added it makes it totally non-toxic. And that the powder can be bought at certain chemical stores.
Old 05-15-2007, 08:32 PM   #7
HalfcourtGame
Hench Mutant

Thanks for the tips, but I couldn't resist opening one can. I still have one regular and one Foot ooze sealed. I wanted one of the premutated figures to add to the collection. He reminds me of the little turtles from the first movie.

"Radical, radical, radical!" That part was always so weird to me.
It seems like I've seen different turtles though, are there different types of turtles that came in the ooze? Does anybody know how many?

I need Scratch!
MOC or loose complete
and Devil Shredder
MIB
HalfcourtGame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 08:48 PM   #8
BigApple3AM
Mad Scientist

I never had the turtle you have pictured above. I have like a dozen of the glow in the dark baby turtles, where they actually look like turtles on all fours. I also have a brown baby splinter from the ooze. I might have the one above in a sealed can of ooze, but I definitely never had that as a kid. Looks really cool.
Old 05-15-2007, 09:36 PM   #9
NoPressApril
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ectocooler View Post
Hey man, welcome to the boards. I've been seeing you dropping comments more often, and you seem to know what you're talking about. Always nice to have another toy nut on the boards.
Hey, I appreciate it, thanks! I've pretty much been collectin' TMNT for 20 years now but it still amazes me at the things i've learned lately though. I never had that stand-up turtle fig when I was little either, so needless to say I was really surprised when I opened a can recently and got him out. As a child I always forgot (or was too lazy) to put my ooze back in the can so it always dried up in my Sewer Playset and I had to scrape it off I've been meaning to tell you that your nic brought back a memory long forgotten, I used to drink the heck outta ectocooler! I also remember that slimer candy in what looked like a toothpaste tube, you ever have that? I love the real ghostbusters back in the day. Also, as a child we made ooze in school as a project but my dog ate it when I got home. Steven
NoPressApril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 10:05 PM   #10
BigApple3AM
Mad Scientist

Haha nice, and now that you mention it I do remember the slimer candy! That stuff was soooo bad, but in a good way.

See ya around
Old 05-16-2007, 03:06 AM   #11
Mike Bock
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raphsation View Post
Thanks for the tips, but I couldn't resist opening one can. I still have one regular and one Foot ooze sealed. I wanted one of the premutated figures to add to the collection. He reminds me of the little turtles from the first movie.

"Radical, radical, radical!" That part was always so weird to me.
It seems like I've seen different turtles though, are there different types of turtles that came in the ooze? Does anybody know how many?

Oh this pic brings back so many memories. Those turtles were awesome.
I've been wanting to buy a can of ooze for a while just to get one of these guys but after this thread I am going to do it, that's it!! I had forgotten about how cool they were.

I never had the glowing little turtles as a kid though. I had this one and the splinter that came in the purple foot ooze.

Congrats Raphsation !! I am glad that you opened one. It's almost impossible to resist. I am sure the ooze will be just fine.
Mike Bock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 06:20 PM   #12
OA
Scatter the nuns!!

Very cool lil fig there...i had completely forgotten about those lil guys but when I saw yours, it brough tback such memories from chidlhood...very, very cool...
Old 03-29-2009, 06:40 PM   #13
Minerman71
Thug

These little guys are awesome would you maybe be willing to sell him?
Minerman71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 11:58 AM   #14
LincolnHawk
Mad Scientist

just wondering what sealed cans of this stuff are going for these days...I bought 3 a couple of years ago

is there a market for these things....when I'm on ebay I only see a few listings for them

I think I have 2 purple and 1 green

any info would be greatly appreciated
LincolnHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 01:51 PM   #15
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored

I am still trying to build a set of four of those, as well as four of the standard ones that glow in the dark.
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets

International shipping assistance: DARTHCJJ@GMAIL.COM
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 12:07 PM   #16
jestermon
Hench Mutant

This is just an idea but maybe if you put a square of Plastic Wrap over the container then put the lid back on?

Also, I won a lot of turtles the lady had no pictures of the standing turtles, so when I got the lot and opened the thing I was amazed to find them, had never seent hem before.

These are few and far between I wouldn't sell a one if I were you.

I finally got a duplicate Splinter off ebay a while back, they don't come up often.

The only problem with one of my standing turtles is he doesn't stand so well.
jestermon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 10:15 PM   #17
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold

Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
if/when i get some of the ooze, i ain't opening it at all

Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 12:45 AM   #18
dizcoduck
Thug

I have a couple 2k3 ooze cans and they look fine. I remember awhile back having some different type of ooze that i opened and played around with, but after a couple years it started growing all kinds of crap in it and threw it out. It was nasty.
dizcoduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 10:49 AM   #19
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold

Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizcoduck View Post
I have a couple 2k3 ooze cans and they look fine. I remember awhile back having some different type of ooze that i opened and played around with, but after a couple years it started growing all kinds of crap in it and threw it out. It was nasty.
2k3 ooze? man i wanna see some pics

Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 04:43 PM   #20
dizcoduck
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMNT_25 View Post
2k3 ooze? man i wanna see some pics
I'll try to find them and take pics. I know one is out of the package I think it came with a shredder. The others are still in the package with the figures they come with, but those have been moved and are at my lake residence. I'll try to find them in the boxes when I go there over Memorial Day.
dizcoduck is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mutagen ooze, playmates toys