The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 03-21-2018, 03:43 PM   #1521
AT-Man
I SEEN IT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
but, can't have perfect rey make a mistake, can we?
How was it a mistake? She thought there were people in need of help.

Through the Golden Door
AT-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 06:28 PM   #1522
Vegita-San
Emperor

But she mis judged the situation and was wrong. and looked ridiculous doing it. can't have that character growth in there...now can we?

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 07:18 AM   #1523
Spike Spiegel
See You Next Mission

They got Hamill back for this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryomancer View Post
Mirage [is]...a comic about life and how life and the people closest to you just absolutely suck sometimes. It's "adult" in a very real sense, in that it deals with heavy themes that resonate more with adults, not that it's full of blood and titties or whatever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_osborn View Post
[TMNT 1990 director Steve] Barron recognized the early Mirage issues as perfect storyboards. It's a shame no other filmmaker has.
Spike Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 07:37 AM   #1524
Vegita-San
Emperor

fake yoda is getting better.

looks like luke is wearing lipstick. :/. fugly animation. disney can do better.

And besides, isn't that the series that was supposed to be all women power? what happened to that?

Old 03-22-2018, 09:17 AM   #1525
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike Spiegel View Post
They got Hamill back for this.
That was a funny clip, Hamill still has a recognisable voice for young Luke too.

Last edited by newfan; 03-22-2018 at 10:42 AM.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 02:50 PM   #1526
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

got my steelbook exclusive today

Old 03-24-2018, 08:36 AM   #1527
AT-Man
I SEEN IT

Quote:
But she mis judged the situation and was wrong. and looked ridiculous doing it. can't have that character growth in there...now can we?
You seem to have different opinion on what looks ridiculous. She was lied to and she tried to do the right thing, that's far from ridiculous.

While we're at it, Rey did look ridiculous while she was "reaching out", which was pretty funny.

Through the Golden Door
Old 03-24-2018, 08:59 AM   #1528
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AT-Man View Post
You seem to have different opinion on what looks ridiculous. She was lied to and she tried to do the right thing, that's far from ridiculous.

While we're at it, Rey did look ridiculous while she was "reaching out", which was pretty funny.
Maybe. but it's still a mistake.

Old 03-25-2018, 08:46 AM   #1529
Spike Spiegel
See You Next Mission

Quote:
Maybe. but it's still a mistake.
Dude, seriously...

Did some girl who strongly resembles Daisy Ridley bully you when you were a kid or something?

Quote:
Mirage [is]...a comic about life and how life and the people closest to you just absolutely suck sometimes. It's "adult" in a very real sense, in that it deals with heavy themes that resonate more with adults, not that it's full of blood and titties or whatever.
Quote:
[TMNT 1990 director Steve] Barron recognized the early Mirage issues as perfect storyboards. It's a shame no other filmmaker has.
Old 03-25-2018, 09:06 AM   #1530
Vegita-San
Emperor

SMH.

When you figure out how SJW's think....you'll see a reason why a fun little scene like that was cut, and yet they left in luke milking a space cow. obviously that was far more important than character development.

I personally have no problem with the scene myself, and feel it SHOULD have been left in.

Old 03-25-2018, 09:12 AM   #1531
CyberCubed
Overlord

Can you honestly go more than a few posts without mentioning "SJW's" or what women think?
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 09:18 AM   #1532
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

The hyperfocusing is a bit worrisome.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 12:39 PM   #1533
AT-Man
I SEEN IT

If that scene had been left in, it would have made Luke look like an as*hole. Everyone already thinks he got completely ruined, so why not a little more.

Through the Golden Door
Old 03-25-2018, 01:41 PM   #1534
Spike Spiegel
See You Next Mission

Quote:
If that scene had been left in, it would have made Luke look like an as*hole. Everyone already thinks he got completely ruined, so why not a little more.
I thought he was encouraging her to be active as opposed to being passive. What she did was what she was "supposed" to do in Luke's view, as opposed what the Jedi traditions would have suggested in terms of keeping balance and such.

It would have been the only time we saw Luke smile or laugh if it had been left in the film.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-25-2018, 02:25 PM   #1535
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
I don't see it quite as him being a jerk.

he was using it as a lesson to show rey the jedi ways. Only he's been closed off from the world for so long, and un caring about anything, that he's forgotten how head strong young people like he was used to be. and her reaction kind of surprised him. hence 'I didn't expect you to go charging off'...

if anything, it showed how un caring luke has become in his isolation (even if HE knew it was just a party).

Old 03-27-2018, 03:58 PM   #1536
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Laura Dern Confirms Admiral Holdo is Force-Sensitive in THE LAST JEDI
https://t.co/CVUPWGkLV5?amp=1

Audiences learned the extent of Leia Organa's abilities with the Force in The Last Jedi, as she managed to propel herself through zero-gravity to return to her ship after a devastating explosion. The film also brought a new character into the Resistance with Vice Admiral Amilyn Holdo, who helped maintain the safety of her allies by potentially sacrificing herself in a heroic move that eviscerated the First Order. Actress Laura Dern recently confirmed that, while her abilities weren't on display the same way of Leia's, Holdo shared a connection with the Force that motivated her actions.

“In their minds, and in their understanding of the origin story, we know that she was a true rebel in the Resistance, and in our culture we might have called her a hippie,” Dern shared with Entertainment Weekly about her collaboration with the Lucasfilm team on developing her character's motivations. “But she was longing for peace, and a revolutionary in that way, and wanted to be trained by and led by Leia, who taught her everything she knew. She wanted to come up in the ranks to support Leia’s mission, but also had this otherworldly side that does involve the Force.”

Holdo debuted in the novel Leia, Princess of Alderaan, where her exploits with Organa are explored more in-depth than in The Last Jedi. Audiences might not have picked up on her ways with the Force, yet fans who read the novel knew quite well her belief in the concept.

“There’s something about her that longs to protect it, and holds that with great care,” Dern pointed out. “There’s a sort of a light on and a wisdom that she speaks about in the film, and speaks to Oscar Isaac’s character briefly about it.”

Her connection with the Force could also help explain her motives in her sacrifice, as she was possibly aware that life extended past a corporeal form.

“Yeah, her primary goal was to protect the light, to protect the Force, and to keep the revolutionaries alive,” Dern admitted. “And I think the film speaks so beautifully to that with this last image of the next generation of the Resistance, you know?”
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 04:21 PM   #1537
Vegita-San
Emperor

Do I file this in the WTF cares department... Or the 'Why Even Bring it up' Department? Or the PlotHole 101 department?

The more this disaster tries to bring out, the more it keeps piling on.

Old 03-27-2018, 04:26 PM   #1538
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Do I file this in the WTF cares department... Or the 'Why Even Bring it up' Department? Or the PlotHole 101 department?

The more this disaster tries to bring out, the more it keeps piling on.
You are obsessed with hating this movie you need help. You are like an abuse victim going back to the abuser
Old 03-27-2018, 06:19 PM   #1539
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

I still don't think enough people are talking about the fishing scene.

Can someone explain to me the benefit of jousting onto a tiny ledge to lift a 100 foot spear is just to stab fish? How can he even see the fish from up there? How can he even lift that thing? Isn't he needlessly putting his life on the line every time he foes fishing? Doesn't he have a lightsaber and is surrounded by tasty Porgs? Couldn't the caretakers provide him with some form of dinner? And don't say he uses the Force because he admits he's cut himself off from it.

Seriously. I couldn't stop thinking about that scene for the rest of the movie when I first saw it. I know theres bigger issues with the movie than this, but still...Why???
Krutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 06:25 PM   #1540
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krutch View Post
I still don't think enough people are talking about the fishing scene.

Can someone explain to me the benefit of jousting onto a tiny ledge to lift a 100 foot spear is just to stab fish? How can he even see the fish from up there? How can he even lift that thing? Isn't he needlessly putting his life on the line every time he foes fishing? Doesn't he have a lightsaber and is surrounded by tasty Porgs? Couldn't the caretakers provide him with some form of dinner? And don't say he uses the Force because he admits he's cut himself off from it.

Seriously. I couldn't stop thinking about that scene for the rest of the movie when I first saw it. I know theres bigger issues with the movie than this, but still...Why???

you mentally ill woman hating monster. get the help you so sorely need...

Wait, you didn't talk about women? how come that's all I see when I see posts about this movie?

Sorry, just joining the crazy club. seems the thing to do these days. continue on. lots wrong about this movie to discuss .

Tags
notmyskywalker, star wars, subvert expectations, the last sjw