The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 04-03-2024, 01:19 AM   #1
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

What would happen in a real, actual Civil War II?

Like, really? I don't believe for a moment one could even happen now. But if one did... how would it present itself and how would it shake out?
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2024, 06:06 AM   #2
frank_one
Mad Scientist

What would be the factions?
frank_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2024, 09:59 AM   #3
Coola Yagami
Overlord

It would probably only happen on Twitter and Youtube. Like depending who you ask this 'culture war' is pretty much already Civil War 2.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2024, 10:33 AM   #4
Cowabung-Gal
The Party Dudette

Most likely it would be fought with drones instead of armed militias. And in our current technology dependent society, we would also use cyberwarfare to inflict even more damage. Many people would continue their daily lives like shopping at Wal-Mart or Target with the risk of being blown up, and as unbelievable as that sounds, that kind of thing happens in other countries where there is always conflict. The illegal immigrants would of course side with the Democrats, as they’re already being made police officers in places like Los Angeles. And of course, the Constitution would be totally disregarded, which is a dream come true for far-leftists who aren’t fans of it.

Last edited by Cowabung-Gal; 04-03-2024 at 10:39 AM.
Cowabung-Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2024, 10:40 AM   #5
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Republicians would win a civil war hands down, they own most of the guns and the military also leans strongly pro-Republician.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2024, 10:46 AM   #6
Cowabung-Gal
The Party Dudette

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
Republicians would win a civil war hands down, they own most of the guns and the military also leans strongly pro-Republician.
Actually many conservative soldiers in the military are already being replaced by far-leftists who are loyal to the government and would not hesitate to even fire upon regular citizens, especially if they have the wrong ideology. Should another Civil War happen, the military would be fragmented anyway now that the system is completely destroyed and there is no real order in this country. And the far-leftists aren’t actually against ownership of guns; they’re just against the idea of their political enemies being able to own guns. If they truly were anti-gun, then the Nashville school shooting would never have happened.

Last edited by Cowabung-Gal; 04-03-2024 at 12:38 PM.
Old 04-03-2024, 10:51 AM   #7
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowabung-Gal View Post
Actually many conservative soldiers in the military are already being replaced by far-leftists who are loyal to the government and would not hesitate to even fire upon regular citizens, especially if they have the wrong ideology.
I think that's being done on purpose so that when a civil war happens, the democrat side won't have such a strong disadvantage.

I wonder how this thread will age by November 2024, considering how heated 2020 got and how we are looking at a likely Trump vs Biden rematch.

Considering how tense the global situation has gotten, who is to say that the US couldn't possibly next?

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2024, 11:23 AM   #8
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

I honestly don't think there would or could be one. COVID showed us exactly how weak we are as a people, how complacent people become seemingly overnight because of what they're told. Where were all the rise-ups there? It never happened.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2024, 12:26 PM   #9
Cowabung-Gal
The Party Dudette

Quote:
I wonder how this thread will age by November 2024, considering how heated 2020 got and how we are looking at a likely Trump vs Biden rematch.
Well, they claim that the National Guard is in the New York subway system to deter crime since it’s getting out of hand, but as skeptical as I am about our “benevolent” government, I suspect that they’re actually preparing for something far worse…
Old 04-03-2024, 04:32 PM   #10
neatoman
Emperor

I'm assuming a second American civil war would most likely occur between various militias, none of which would be affiliated with the federal government or state governments, with those just attempting to bring the situation under control. The reason for this is that I am not aware of any conflicts within any state institutions strong enough to trigger such conflict. And while they have actually been pathetic, there have been instances of groups attempting rebellion.

Think of it as... Either the concept of rioting brought to it's an extreme... Or the most dangerous form of delusional LARPing...
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2024, 06:56 PM   #11
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Psh, might last a day. I can't not assume that people would be 50% too busy and 50% too lazy to bother. Most would probably just wait around for it to show up at their home (and won't) while a minority of idiots without enough to do, and a hunger to pretend they possess any real power, are having a great time offing each other for an afternoon. But if people who'd stoop to that voluntarily cull themselves... is it really such a bad thing.

Quote:
Republicians would win a civil war hands down, they own most of the guns
It would be a foolish and dangerous assumption to make, which could be their own undoing then. Many Democrats do in fact have guns, among other weapons. You also don't need "most" to use them effectively. Some loon with a literal pile of guns still only has two hands.

Dem/liberal leaning household here... you think there are no guns under this roof?

Last edited by IndigoErth; 04-03-2024 at 07:04 PM.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2024, 07:25 PM   #12
Cowabung-Gal
The Party Dudette

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Dem/liberal leaning household here... you think there are no guns under this roof?
My hardcore DeSantis-hating Democrat aunt doesn’t have any and she gives my mom, her younger sister, a hard time for owning a gun, and we only have two handguns in our household purely for protection.

Now my hardcore Republican dad, he started a gun business (legally I might add) and our garage was converted into a gun/survival shop. Yeah, that wasn’t fun. And after he passed away, it left the rest of us with inventory that took years to sell off and finally get rid of.

Last edited by Cowabung-Gal; 04-03-2024 at 08:33 PM.
Old 04-05-2024, 11:42 PM   #13
Stu_Padasso
Foot Soldier

Pretty much the same as my zombie plans: Bunker at home, play Fallout on my X- Box, load magazines, drink beer and smoke weed and watch my neighbors being eaten.

Once the power grid goes down and I run out of gas and propane for my generator I will get bored, so…

Wait. Are you a Fed?
Stu_Padasso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2024, 12:10 AM   #14
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

I'll just sit low also, and wait out the crazy people until they use up all their ammo on each other and, when it's gone, render their guns harmless objects.

Guess what never runs out of ammo... the sizeable tanto sitting behind me. *insert evil laugh*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowabung-Gal View Post
And after he passed away, it left the rest of us with inventory that took years to sell off and finally get rid of.
Hope it least it netted you guys some decent cash for all that trouble?

But I'd be super uncomfortable if that kind of stuff was kept in our garage and way too easy for someone to try to break into. Safe to assume yours is/was much more secure than that?

Quote:
My hardcore DeSantis-hating Democrat aunt doesn’t have any and she gives my mom, her younger sister, a hard time for owning a gun
Sounds like the opposite side of the same coin, making something about guns (be it ownership or actively being against owning) WAY too much a part of personal identity.
Old 04-06-2024, 12:46 AM   #15
Cowabung-Gal
The Party Dudette

Quote:
Hope it least it netted you guys some decent cash for all that trouble?

But I'd be super uncomfortable if that kind of stuff was kept in our garage and way too easy for someone to try to break into. Safe to assume yours is/was much more secure than that?
Yeah, it was a long and annoying process, but I did get a decent amount from the sales and it currently serves as a financial cushion.

In regards to our shop’s security, my Dad installed cameras and even got two German shepherds for guard dogs (which I also ended up with after he passed away and they’re quite a handful, those rascals). Plus we already had a home alarm system by the time he decided to start a gun business in our garage. So yeah, we were good.

Quote:
Sounds like the opposite side of the same coin, making something about guns (be it ownership or actively being against owning) WAY too much a part of personal identity.
Yeah, talk about stereotypes. Sounds like a late night comedy bit about the extremities on both sides, don’t it?

https://forums.thetechnodrome.com/at...1&d=1712386657

That’s my Dad, by the way, in our garage gun shop.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg AE8117FA-5F55-44DD-940E-5E9BCBBD2951.jpg (20.8 KB, 18 views)

Last edited by Cowabung-Gal; 04-06-2024 at 12:59 AM.
Old 04-06-2024, 07:52 PM   #16
CyberCubed
Overlord

The same way you saw those people storm the capital last January or whatever it was. The people would walk around making fools of themselves thinking they were doing something, then all get arrested in the following weeks/months, lol

People live in all different states with different views, you're not going to see next door neighbors start shooting each other up. This is not 1865.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2024, 10:14 PM   #17
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Well, maybe neighbors who hate each other and wanted an excuse.