The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 07-05-2018, 06:33 PM   #3041
wpugh2424
Mad Scientist

I personally hope it's something else since I was lucky enough to snag a sdcc
But for those who weren't as lucky and have been waiting on this scale for so long I hope they are able to get what they want
Win
Win either way
Old 07-06-2018, 08:10 AM   #3042
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored

It just seems unlikely that Playmates would allow some other company to produce movie figures in this scale when they have already been dealing with NECA for years now and know the demand for their products.
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets

International shipping assistance: DARTHCJJ@GMAIL.COM
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 03:00 PM   #3043
cloud
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***First of Two Latin Kings*** View Post
It just seems unlikely that Playmates would allow some other company to produce movie figures in this scale when they have already been dealing with NECA for years now and know the demand for their products.
There is a chance that it might be another company such as Kotobukiya. 1/10 scale kind of size with no articulation.
cloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 06:02 PM   #3044
Coro
Mad Scientist

If its NECA for 22.99 I am betting head knockers or body knockers-easy to make those an exclusive and NECA has been sending out lots of sales promos for knockers lately.

Coro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 06:04 PM   #3045
I Crave Pizza No More
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coro View Post
If its NECA for 22.99 I am betting head knockers or body knockers-easy to make those an exclusive and NECA has been sending out lots of sales promos for knockers lately.
The first TMNT body knockers they made, based on Mirage designs, looked cool but the quality control was awful. Most of mine have broken pieces, and one of the turtles is glued onto his base in the wrong direction. Will be an easy pass if you're right.
I Crave Pizza No More is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 07:22 PM   #3046
The Fifth Turtle
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Crave Pizza No More View Post
The first TMNT body knockers they made, based on Mirage designs, looked cool but the quality control was awful. Most of mine have broken pieces, and one of the turtles is glued onto his base in the wrong direction. Will be an easy pass if you're right.
I purchased four different sets trying to piece together a decent set over the years. If they weren’t broken, glued incorrectly, or missing pieces, they looked like they were painted in the dark. I eventually gave up. Worst quality control I’ve ever seen and that includes Funko Pops.
The Fifth Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 07:37 AM   #3047
Will not be censored

God I hope they aren't head knockers.
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:

Old 07-09-2018, 03:09 PM   #3048
inaheap
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***First of Two Latin Kings*** View Post
Actually that's why it makes sense to me. They don't seem interested in doing these type of versions themselves. Why not let NECA do it. Just collect a royalty on each one sold. They still get to make money off the items without having to make the product and deal with us grumpy collectors.

We do not stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing

When I became an adult I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.
inaheap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 04:16 PM   #3049
bwwd
Hench Mutant

Playmates have their own crappy sculptors on contracts , its al big "family"and they all help each other by hiring their pals and crapping new products one after another , it will never change because of $$$$ floating in their family.
Only NECA could of done this, theyre really passionate about tmnt , they gave us mirage tmnt and now this.
Other companies sometimes follow NECA and we did get other mirage turtles but they were first, maybe someone other than NECA will release henson turtles in the future... we will see.
Im actually surprised that Eastman and Laird never pushed for properly looking figures themselves, they just accepted options presented to them, i would of done that differently with my own property, they both say they like 90s film but never pushed for movie figuresthemselves, it would boost their business.Oh well... nickelodeon does better job a this now, i dont think its a coincidence that we got so many tmnt figures after license buyout.
Old 07-18-2018, 05:36 AM   #3050
mikezilla2
Foot Soldier

Question

SDCC 2018 - details incoming ?
mikezilla2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 03:28 PM   #3051
Leonardo87
Stone Warrior

"I'm trying Splinter...it's hard to overcome because you are gone..."
Leonardo87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 03:59 PM   #3052
Otter
Stone Warrior

Can anyone confirm that the later run Donatello 1:4 figures all have the spots on the head? I'm looking at replacing my first run one.

Last edited by Otter; 08-04-2018 at 06:43 PM.
Otter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 04:03 PM   #3053
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

I love these figures so much.

Old 08-10-2018, 04:29 PM   #3054
AquaParade
Banned

Seriously beautiful, man.

As much as I’m longing for the smaller scale figure, I’ve really begun to appreciate the presence of the large ones.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 09:52 PM   #3055
easyemoney
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post

As much as I’m longing for the smaller scale figure, I’ve really begun to appreciate the presence of the large ones.
Agreed, the larger size helps them stand out as the centerpiece of my collection.
easyemoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 01:28 PM   #3056
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post

Hey thanks! I'm with you on the smaller scale figures as well ... I would love to have those but I can't deny how incredible the original 1/4th releases are.
Old 09-24-2018, 02:52 PM   #3057
JCVD
New Recruit

I have had really good luck with repairing 1/4 scale Ninja Turtles with broken knee or ankle joints after getting them at a fraction of their price on eBay.

The hip joint break however is a complete nightmare to fix especially without a replacement joint.
JCVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 07:53 AM   #3058
Will not be censored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otter View Post
Can anyone confirm that the later run Donatello 1:4 figures all have the spots on the head? I'm looking at replacing my first run one.
Are you saying you want a spotted one?
Quote:

Old 09-26-2018, 06:47 PM   #3059
bwwd
Hench Mutant

Donnie head spots looked pretty lazy on first runs

His spots on NECA proto for box photoshoots look way better

I think hes hoping to get better version this time, i have small hint for him...
i had some big spots on my raph from small neca set so what i did is used cotton swab and acetone to gently blend some spots better.Or painbrush in tight places.
Acetone will dissolve acrylic paint used for the figures, this way you can get rid of these lazy spots and clean some mistakes in other places, works great.
Acetone is in nail polish removal but get pure acetone , its stronger.
Old 02-16-2019, 09:51 PM   #3060
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

The heroes in a half-shell just enjoying some pizza until Shredder appears for battle!