The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 12-19-2017, 08:13 AM   #1
Vegita-San
Emperor

How would YOU have done Episodes 7-8-9?

It's pretty clear to me Disney is only trying to fan service the old characters long enough to get them out of the way so the new ones can shine. But, IMHO, that is not how you get old and new fans on board.

So, How would YOU have written these movies? Just to make it challenging, Rules: you have to keep the same characters.

I would have started off episode 7 with simple fun. A battle. After 30 years, the Rebellion has finally mopped up the last of the Empire, and we are seeing the last mop up efforts. Luke is in his Xwing, leading a squad of jedi star fighters out to finish the job. Helping the last liberated planet recover, we meet Luke's new apprentice, Rey. seems there is a Jedi Mystery on the planet, and it's her mission to uncover it. Something that could literally destroy the force forever.
Meanwhile, the last Grand Admiral of the empire, Hux, Survives. he finds the Jedi secret, and seeks out someone who can actually do something with it to get revenge on the Jedi for finally whiping out the Empire, by destroying all life in the galaxy.

Thus begins a race against time against all three movies. An uncertain apprentice, Rey, starts her own hero's journey and finds her place in the universe as the student to the most legendary hero in the galaxy. Luke stays on coruscant to offer support and advice where needed. lea does the same. they arn't main characters, but you know they succeeded in life and lived happily ever after, restoring peace to the galaxy. I would also make Finn the new Lando. Maybe even the son of Lando.
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 09:23 AM   #2
mrmaczaps
Banned

Episode 7 would be the Young Jedi Knights series condensed. Tell a tale of the kids, growing and learning with relative peace in the galaxy around them from winning the war in 4-5-6. Talk about the Solo kids. Mara Jade is there but not yet with Luke. Episode 8 would be a condensed version of the Vong invasion, death of Chewbacca and Anakin solo with a bunch of the characters wiped out. Ben Skywalker is around, Mara Jade & Luke are hitched. Then basically tell the final arc of the old Expanded Universe as the 9th movie. Leaving plenty of oddball films to fit in between with spinoffs and "one shot" movies. I also really liked the Outbound Flight novel which could come between 7 and 8 as its in the distant past with Obi Wan & Anakin as well as current times and could help introduce the Vong. Throw in some Alien & Predators in the new Senate background shots and done.

But that will never happen so....
mrmaczaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 09:28 AM   #3
sdp
-

I'm not really great at writing fanfiction or caring what other fanfiction people will write so I'll keep things to a minimum.

I want the George Lucas vision, with another director on board. The EU is scrapped instead of retconning stuff again? fine I can live with that and there you can explore the remnants of the empire vs the new republic. Hell because of spin-off movies you can even go back to that era with different characters besides the OT characters (since they're old) and have your empire vs rebels movies, or spin-off movies set in the OT era and there you can keep fans including me happy about more empire vs rebels stories not at the expense of the story.

I want new characters, Finn, Rey, Kylo are all fine, I want more like that, get rid of hux/snoke/poe who are just boring and unimaginative. I want a new threat, new ideas new takes that make me wish "oh this is different, even if I don't particularly love the new direction. I still want to see old classic Star Wars but like I said, the comics, games, spin-off films can cover those there. I want something new like The New Jedi order where there is a new threat.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 09:52 AM   #4
sdp
-

You know, even what I want? I want the Star Wars we were promised in the trailers in The Force Awakens.

We watch the Teaser trailer:

Holy crap, who is this guy in the storm trooper costume and why is he in Tatooine, he looks like he went through something.

There's been an awakening? Who is that voice? What does he refer to?

Holy crap, who are these new storm troopers?

What is that girl escaping from?

X-Wings? going on some type of mission?

Holy crap a new Sith!

The Falcon is back!

I can't wait to see a new Star Wars film.

Granted this first teaser wasn't as great as it was pandering a little too much to the OT but whatever, never ran through my mind since they're clearly going to tell new stories.

We watch the first trailer:

"Who are you?" "I'm no one" OMG who is she, this is exciting she must be someone important and she's in Tatooine. She mirrors Luke's origin but at the same time you know there's something special about her. Can't wait to find out more about her.

Holy crap, that's a lot of remnants of the Empire, what are they planning, how are they back?

"I was raised to do one thing, now I've got nothing to fight for"
Wow, clearly something happened to this guy that had him make such a sharp turn in his life, this music is beautiful, it sets him up as this hero, I can't wait to see his journey in the movie and see him become a hero.

"Nothing will stand in our way. I will finish, what you started."
That's a beautiful shot, who is this guy, I can't wait to find out more about him, they wouldn't be stupid enough to have Darth Vader 2.0 so I'm excited, the mask and all should tell us they'll do something totally different with him. What's his obsession with Darth Vader, what connections did he have?

The Love theme with Han Solo? Crap, he's going to teach these new heroes to go on their adventure. Awesome.

There's more sith along side this new Kylo Ren guy? Holy crap, this is epic.

The Emprie vs Rebels, I wonder what that really is I wonder how they're still fighting 30 years into the future, can't wait to find out how things got the way they are now, clearly it has to be something epic.

Wow, that new character Finn has a lightsaber, he's going to become a Jedi. I don't understand why people are complaining, it's clear that Rey girl will also become a Jedi. Cool, we have two Jedi in training and a bunch of Sith to go against.

We watch the third trailer:

This will be the last trailer/commercial I watch, I don't want to spoil too much.

Holy crap, something big happened in Tatooine, a big battle. Wow Luke is talking, it's his dialog from Return of the Jedi but it's newly recorded dialog! He is talking about Darth Vader!, himself, his siter and not only Leia this time but someone else, who is getting this lightsaber? I bet it's Rey, it has to be her. His family has this power, she or whoever Luke is referring to in the trailer is a Skywalker continuing the legacy of the first two trilogies, the new generation, even if not Rey it has to be a Skywalker.

All these action scenes look great and wow who is this Captain Phasma character,s he looks like a total Boss, clearly they haven't shown a lot about her because she's going to be something special.

That last Han Solo part was a bit gratuitous, I hope they don't use him in a bad way. That BB-8 robot looks like a cheap R2D2 replacement for the sake of "new" lame.

We watch Episode VII the Force Awakens:

Well, I just finished watching this but I don't know how to feel, it was cool but I don't know why I'm not excited. Wait, it wasn't that good, it was just Episode IV ANH re-done. We didn't get any of the answers promised in the trailers, none of them. We don't know who Rey is or why things are back to the status quo of the OT. Phasma was just thrown down a garbage shoot? We have a new Emperor? What? Maybe Episode VIII will finally answer these issues?

*Complains Online* Well I'm swamped with messages that I'm wrong because everyone except me loved the movie..

I liked my rant enough I made it a post.

Last edited by sdp; 12-19-2017 at 10:37 AM.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 10:44 AM   #5
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

I dunno, VII-IX as something like this. I'm not married to it and it's just me throwing out stuff off the cuff...

30 years after Return of the Jedi. Luke has been training Jedi for decades now in a rebuilt Jedi temple on Coruscant. He has a non-Force-using wife, one child who is also an active Jedi Knight. Han and Leia are still together, two kids, one of them being trained in the Jedi Temple while the other isn't interested in the Force and is a pilot. Han is still a general and Leia is Supreme Chancellor of the New Republic. Imperial remnants are still out there, so the New Republic is largely filling its days with keeping them in check. Elsewhere, a fearsome new villain, Darth Mortis completes his united of the warring factions of the Imperial remnants, forcing together a Second Imperium, on behalf of his mysterious master. A peace treaty is arranged between the Second Imperium and the New Republic, to be signed on the far off New Republic world of Bastion. On Coruscant, different Jedi Knights and Padawans fall under the influence of a Sith Lord, one who has perhaps been exuding his influence on them for a while (we see this happening throughout the movie). The New Republic delegation, led by Leia, never makes it to Bastion... they are yanked out of Hyperspace by Imperial Interdictor cruisers. The delegation is entirely destroyed, and Leia dies. General Han Solo arrives with the Fleet too late to save her flagship, but soon enough to mop up a couple of the cruisers and a Star Destroyer. On Coruscant, one of Hans' kids, in full-on Dark Side mode, leads a coup with other students. The temple is re-destroyed, some other key government offices are sabotaged, and Luke confronts the Dark Sided Han kid as all of the corrupted ones are about to leave off-world. They fight but Luke is unwilling to kill the kid, but does take their arm. In the end, criss-crossing a funeral for Leia (Lando there) with Han's evil kid delivering his fellow students to a gratified Darth Mortis.

6 years later. Full-on war is being waged. We follow Han's good kid on the climax of a great battle, as a starfighter pilot. Darth Mortis now has a small army of Dark Siders, and we see Luke leading his Jedi Knights. Luke leads a retreat of Jedi (but is apprehended) while Han leads a retreat of the New Republic Fleet. Darth Mortis brings Luke before his master, Darth Plagueis. Darth Plagueis reveals that he created Darth Mortis via the Force, the same way he created Luke's father. In the end, a combined effort from the Jedi and Republic Fleet strikes hard at the Imperial stronghold Luke is being held. In the chaos, Luke kills Darth Mortis, destroys several surrounding Imperial capital ships and almost slips to the Dark Side in getting carried away wiping out Imperial craft... so when he is confronted by Han's evil kid, he lets him kill him, ala Obi-Wan, and join the Force.

5 years later. The Second Imperium has constructed a superweapon, the Galaxy Gun. Big inter-locking battle, worlds lost, Luke's kid goes Dark Side to try and better combat Han's evil kid. Luke's kid actually kills Han's evil kid, then actually assumes their place at Darth Plagueis' side... before, too, killing Darth Plagueis. Han's good kid having exciting starfighter battles. Luke's kid meets with General Han Solo, arranging an armistice while pointing the Galaxy Gun at Coruscant. Force Ghost Luke reaches out to Luke's kid at times, begging them to see reason, to see the light. Luke's kid claims that he will use his place to ensure the Second Imperium remains just and peaceful... the New Republic has their worlds and the Second Imperium has their own. Throughout the movie we hear whispers from Plagueis and others that there may be an ancient alien race stirring out there.

Fourth trilogy could be a big... New Republic and the Second Imperium teaming up to deal with an alien invasion. Or something.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote