The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 07-08-2019, 02:54 PM   #8481
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

They do if you're in the ritzy side of Ft Worth lol .

(my brother actually works at the martini bar across the street from Pinstripes...only went there for Mother's Day brunch.)

And don't get me started on the dog park in the same area.
Old 07-08-2019, 04:33 PM   #8482
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Cowtown is a bit weird, though, even for us Texans. I avoid Ft Worth, for the most part. Dallas has the better night life, skyline, and food/entertainment venues. Also, Deep Ellum.... (the "trendy" club/shop area of Elm St.) And shopping! All the little wholesale shops and restaurants on Harry Hines- I especially love browsing through Sam Moon. Ft. Worth has- the rodeo and the cattle drive thing. That's about it. A nice zoo, but the city just seems so hick-ish compared to its sister city. Dallas is like the rich uncle, while Ft. Worth is more like Uncle Eddie....

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics (including TMNT!!) are here:

http://z3.invisionfree.com/Mickeys_C...?showforum=188
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 04:39 PM   #8483
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

I'm usually not in Dallas just because it's so far to drive for me lol. Took Ceres to the Perot Museum and the Ft Worth Museum...we COULD have gone to Perot first, but I think it was a better way to end the trip, since it is a much better museum in retrospect. Just never a place my family went growing up because of the distance, so I'm not familiar with it.

(Ft Worth Zoo has literally been ranked as 4th best in the nation though, especially after all the renovations it's completed. Need to go see those...No way it's ever going to top the likes of Columbus, St. Louis, or San Diego, but it's still really cool. Not sure why the Dallas Aquarium isn't in the ranking, because that is also awesome)
Old 07-08-2019, 07:36 PM   #8484
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Agreed about the zoo, though I've never actually seen any of the Cowtown museums. I do love the DMA, the various mueums and aquarium in Fair Park, and especially the Arboritum. So beautiful. My first experience seeing Cats was at the Fair Park theater, also my second viewing of Phantom (the first was on Broadway at the Majestic!) so I'm a bit partial to that particular theater.

Old 07-11-2019, 01:46 PM   #8485
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Royal Farms' rewards sign up would have to be my most hated thing of the day.

Have an uncle staying with us for a while. He doesn't drive, but we have a Royal Farms within reasonable walking distance so he likes taking a walk sometimes and get himself a soda or whatever.

So he got one of the rewards cards, but of course that can't be done in store, it has to be done online (or via an app). So he asked me to get him signed up since he isn't overly computer savvy.

Of course, the thing keeps telling me something in the info I entered is invalid, but will it tell me WHAT is? Of course not.

God knows how many times I've typed and retyped and tried new passwords thinking maybe it wants a certain mix of characters or whatever, along with retrying the "last 9 digits" of the rewards card number. (Does the last number off by itself count or does it want only the subsequent ones before it??)

At this point I suspect the issue may be the phone number and the FAQ seems to vaguely allude to that. But if you can't use the same number for more than one card that is incredibly stupid. I don't care how common cell phones are, they still haven't entirely replaced the concept of a regular home phone number that multiple family members use. Ugh. And since my uncle gave up his cell phone a while ago, I guess I can't sign him up for this until he gets around to getting that back. And if he doesn't, I guess he's out of luck?

God forbid an old guy in his 60s want a rewards card for a place he shops at without having a cell phone. Grr.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 04:10 PM   #8486
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Ugh, I feel you. Had a similar issue trying to set up an account with Ticketmaster recently to order concert tix. It kept telling me that I couldn't order them on my device (WTF??!!) for no apparent reason. Had to backtrack four different times and keep editing my info before it FINALLY let me complete the order!

As for my own gear grind atm, that would be the return of "shark week". Not the awesome Discovery Channel programming, but the OTHER one. Spent all day going between minor discomfort and gut-wrenching pain, along with severe backaches, bloating, fatigue, insomnia (going on three nights worth now), gas, headaches, anemia, irritability, and hot flashes. Yay. So over this crap, that I actually considered looking up youtube for videos of diy hysterectomies. 'Cause I'd perform one on myself in a heartbeat, if it meant never having to deal with this again. And I DID do pretty well in anatomy back in school, so pretty sure I could figure it out. Just need some local anesthetic and medical dissolving thread.....

Old 07-12-2019, 12:53 PM   #8487
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Dang, girl, what's left but to turn inside out, too?

Makes me grateful that mine has generally been pretty tame compared to what some people go through.

Grind... Neighbor I've known forever, since she and her son moved in back when he and I were both pretty little, ended up in the hospital and it doesn't look too good. Lifelong smoker who already had part of a lung removed years ago from cancer now has tumors on her spine and had been dealing with pain for quite a while...
Old 07-16-2019, 05:25 PM   #8488
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Today's just been a big emotional rut day, but a big part of it for sure is just feeling like nothing's moving forward in my life when I desperately need it to.
Old 07-16-2019, 09:35 PM   #8489
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Dole fruit cups. Damn those things.

When are these things going to be given a straw like Capri Sun so you don't have to spill it on your hands and/or lap just trying to get the darn thing open?

Always try to open it just slightly and sip some of the juice out first, but even that doesn't always work. Such as today.

Side note... the new "Bubble Fruit" cups are interesting.
Old 07-19-2019, 04:32 PM   #8490
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

My debit card vanished and I have no idea where it went. Couldn't have been stolen, since I haven't gone anywhere recently where that could be a possibility
Old 07-19-2019, 05:16 PM   #8491
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

The fey took it..... Thieving little imps.