The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Video Games

Notices

Old 12-27-2016, 08:01 PM   #21
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:
Originally Posted by DestronMirage22 View Post
Damn, I'm impressed. Wonder if it'll be as hard as the NES ones; I hope not. I was never able to beat any of the NES DD games, a fact that pisses me off to this day. (I was able to beat the 1st NES TMNT game, without much problems, but failed at DD right at the end every time. )
I wasn't able to defeat Abobo at the end of the first level of the first game, but I did finish the second DD.
Storm Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 02:10 PM   #22
Ninjinister
無問題

Double Dragon Neon was f**king lit. I don't know why Arc keeps going back to the 8-bit well with this and the Kunio series. Technos allowed both series to evolve on the Super NES and beyond but now we're right back where we started. And this is coming from someone who owns and loves River City Sports Challenge All-Stars on PS3.
Old 12-30-2016, 07:01 PM   #23
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinister View Post
Double Dragon Neon was f**king lit. I don't know why Arc keeps going back to the 8-bit well with this and the Kunio series. Technos allowed both series to evolve on the Super NES and beyond but now we're right back where we started.
Yep. What's old is... old again. Wait, huh?
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 11:11 PM   #24
oldmanwinters
Overlord

I'm cautiously optimistic, because I've been starved for a new DD entry, but looking at that teaser just screams "rush job" and even "rom hack." I hope to enjoy it eventually, but it would be a shame if this one turns into as big a stinker as Double Dragon II: Wander of the Dragons, and I don't know enough about the publisher and/or developer to have genuine confidence in the project.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 12:18 AM   #25
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
By ****** I think you meant that it looks like 8-bit, which is a good direction for this, there been remakes of this game and they failed to capture the essence of the original.
No, I meant it looks ******.
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 05:09 PM   #26
Coola Yagami
Overlord

I just hope it's actually playable and not 3 lives and no continues or hell, one life and no continues. I know being Nintendo tough made these games but maybe take the middle ground between choosing say 3 lives and 3 continues or just 3 lives no continues. Give new fans a fighting chance.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 05:18 PM   #27
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
By ****** I think you meant that it looks like 8-bit, which is a good direction for this, there been remakes of this game and they failed to capture the essence of the original.
Well... the original was the kick ass 2 player arcade, not the one player wannabe that had you level up just to use the moves you already had in the arcade. Needless to say I was very surprised and disappointed to play the NES one back when it was new after kicking all sorts ass in the arcade version.

DDNEON actually captured the essential of both the real arcade and the extra traps and side scrolling elements of the 8bit versions.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Old 01-03-2017, 08:16 PM   #28
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Well... the original was the kick ass 2 player arcade, not the one player wannabe that had you level up just to use the moves you already had in the arcade. Needless to say I was very surprised and disappointed to play the NES one back when it was new after kicking all sorts ass in the arcade version.

DDNEON actually captured the essential of both the real arcade and the extra traps and side scrolling elements of the 8bit versions.
Double Dragon 2 on the NES had 2 players and was pretty good, Its one of the games on the NES Classic Edition.
Old 01-05-2017, 05:19 AM   #29
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Super Double Dragon

Super Double Dragon was great, but critizised for not showing up what SNES could do when it came to graphics.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 01:03 AM   #30
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
I just hope it's actually playable and not 3 lives and no continues or hell, one life and no continues. I know being Nintendo tough made these games but maybe take the middle ground between choosing say 3 lives and 3 continues or just 3 lives no continues. Give new fans a fighting chance.
Maybe they'll make it "pay to play" in regards to extra credits? Nothing would surprise me these days.

View my sketch work!
Old 01-06-2017, 10:07 PM   #31
Logan
Hench Mutant

HELL. YES.

This is the first I've heard of this game. I love the Double Dragon series. Glad to see a new game in the retro style. I'm hoping it measures up.

-Leonardo

Logan the Layman Critic, a youtube channel for movie reviews and animation appreciation.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjn...xrKPml1WlYh6Mw
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 02:17 AM   #32
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
Maybe they'll make it "pay to play" in regards to extra credits? Nothing would surprise me these days.
Like Double Dragon 3 did in the arcades?
Old 01-10-2017, 05:09 PM   #33
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Man, nary a word about this since the announcement. I was hoping it would be listed on Steam for pre-order, but I guess we'll all have to wait until launch day to see if it's a gem, a stinker, or a ho-hum way to pass the time.

An old fan site I've enjoyed over the years is Double Dragon Dojo, which is pretty thorough on the franchise. The admin shares my disappointment over the graphics looking like a rom-hack, however, the newest post notes "it's apparently being directed by the Double Dragon series creator, Yoshihisa Kishimoto, which means that the quality should be there."
http://doubledragon.kontek.net/

Of course, if Mighty no.9 taught the internet anything, it's to be cautious even with old, seasoned director involvement.

View my sketch work!
Old 01-10-2017, 08:12 PM   #34
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Man, nary a word about this since the announcement. I was hoping it would be listed on Steam for pre-order, but I guess we'll all have to wait until launch day to see if it's a gem, a stinker, or a ho-hum way to pass the time.

An old fan site I've enjoyed over the years is Double Dragon Dojo, which is pretty thorough on the franchise. The admin shares my disappointment over the graphics looking like a rom-hack, however, the newest post notes "it's apparently being directed by the Double Dragon series creator, Yoshihisa Kishimoto, which means that the quality should be there."
http://doubledragon.kontek.net/

Of course, if Mighty no.9 taught the internet anything, it's to be cautious even with old, seasoned director involvement.
It feels weird, even though the NES trilogy were poor adaptations, they were still adaptations. This'll be the first um.. '8-bit' game without a arcade game to adapt. That's almost like making a new NARC game but being a sequel to the NES version instead of the arcade.

Old 01-17-2017, 04:32 PM   #35
Overlord

Double Dragon

I loved the original Double Dragon videogames.
Old 01-17-2017, 04:52 PM   #36
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
That's almost like making a new NARC game
Oooh, I remember the NARC arcade game. Awesome.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 07:04 PM   #37
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Oooh, I remember the NARC arcade game. Awesome.
Yeah but imagine getting an 8bit sequel?

Old 01-18-2017, 06:19 AM   #38
Overlord

I recall Super Double Dragon being critizised for bad graphics for being SNES.
Old 01-20-2017, 07:47 AM   #39
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Info!
http://gematsu.com/2017/01/double-dr...des-characters

Plus Official website:
http://www.arcsystemworks.jp/dd4/

Apparently, Double Dragon II: The Revenge is now subsequent to DDIII: The Rosetta Stone in the NES timeline. Enemy characters are unlockable for story mode.

View my sketch work!
Old 01-20-2017, 01:38 PM   #40
Overlord

Quote:
DDIII: The Rosetta Stone in the NES timeline.
Always liked that videogame!