The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 12-20-2018, 03:12 AM   #61
Prowler
Emperor

It's kinda strange how Rob Paulsen has voiced both Raphael and Donatello in two different Turtles' cartoons. It's great, though. Tbh, I kinda expected him to voice Leonardo or Michelangelo in Rise so that, one day, if there's a 5th Turtles cartoon series, he'd voice the only Turtle left and thus complete the set haha. He does voice a character in the series, though, I believe. Surprised he didn't end up voicing one of the Turtles again.

I guess it's safe to say that Rob Paulsen is the most recognisable voice in TMNT animation history at this point? He's only missed 2k3.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 01:50 PM   #62
Dejablue
Stone Warrior

Oh boy. This is not an easy topic for me to tackle. I love all (most) of the voices for the ninja turtles. And I like them all separately in a compartmentalized fashion. So I can't really say I have a favorite but I'll do my best. It will be based on the voice I hear in my head when reading the comics or fanfiction.

Raphael: Greg Abbey. I know he isn't the only Raphael to have the Brooklyn accent but I liked his the most. Second place goes to Omar Benson Miller. Rise Raphael isn't my favorite Raph but he is my favorite character in that show.

Donatello: Rob Paulson and Sam Riegel. I remember being really apprehensive about Rob Paulson voicing Donatello but after the first couple of episodes I was completely sold. Love the sass. I adore Sam Riegel's voice because he makes Donatello sound calm and introspective. My two favorite voices for Donatello are nearly the polar opposites of each other.
This was a tough choice so I made it a tie. So Barry Gordon is second place lol.

Michelangelo:Townsend Coleman wins easily. Mostly because his voice is the template every Mikey after him followed. But like I said, I adore every Mikey voice, but Coleman's Mikey is the voice I hear the most in my head. Second place goes to both Wayne Grayson and Robbie Rist. Robbie Rist is just a cool dude (And I liked him in Naruto). With Wayne Grayson, I was always yelling "I'm the Battle Nexus Champion!!" at my friends when I'd win in Smash Bros. None of them got the joke unfortunately.

Leonardo: Jason Biggs. *dodges rocks* To be honest, I have no problem with Cam Clark or Mike Sinterniklaas but Jason Biggs' performance was the first time I ever saw Leo as more than just "the boring leader one". For the first time Leo had a personality outside of "leader" and I was immediately charmed. It's hard to explain but Biggs' Leo is of course serious and focused on leadership, but in a "boyscout" kind of way. I give second place to Mike Sinterniklaas for doing a better job than Seth Green at voicing a "serious business" character. I'd give second place to James Arnold Taylor but I'm more used to Sinterniklaas' voice.

So you can probably guess I was not happy about the voice actor change. If nothing else I would have gladly kept Dominic Catrambone for the rest of the show. Seth Green shot Leo right back down into that "I'm the boring leader" zone that I was quite happy to do without.

So my most controversial opinion is Seth Green's voice is the only voice in all TMNT history I have actively disliked.

Third place goes to literally every voice actor I didn't mention on this list. So that includes the 2007 movie, 2014/16 movie, the 90s movies, Rise, and whatever else I can't remember right now.

^^^^
SHELLHEADS Inc.- A TMNT Discord!

Last edited by Dejablue; 12-20-2018 at 03:03 PM.
Dejablue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 07:29 PM   #63
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

My favourite voice overall in tmnt and of Leonardo will always be Cam Clarke, no doubt about it.

For other characters, it is generally always the 80s cartoons versions first (since that show had some pretty fantastic performances). But to make things more interesting, I'll see who is my favourite not counting the 80s cartoon:

1. Donatello: Josh Brener

2. Michelangelo: Greg Cipes

3. Raphael: Sean Astin (but I like Omar Benson Miller as well. Maybe watching more Rise will make me pick him for no.1)

4. Casey Jones: Marc Thompson

5. April O'Neil: Veronica Taylor

6. Splinter: Hoon Lee

7. Shredder: Kevin Micheal Richardon (great Shredder for the Nick show, also did a great impersonation of Avery for the crossover)

8. Baxter Stockman: Scott Williams

9. Karai: Kelly Hu

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.

Last edited by FredWolfLeonardo; 12-20-2018 at 07:42 PM.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 07:41 PM   #64
DarkFell
A Crusty Bob Fan

Pat Fraley.
James Avery.
The OT Turtle voice actors.
Seth Green.
Sean Astin.
The 90's TMNT movie Turtle voice actors.
David McCharen (The 90's TMNT movie voice actor for 'helmeted' Shredder.)

I think that is everybody.
DarkFell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 10:23 PM   #65
Dejablue
Stone Warrior

Ah yeah. Might as well say my favorites for the non turtle characters too.

April: Veronica Taylor. I mean come on. Ash Ketchum as April.

Splinter: Hoon Lee. Holy crap the sexiest Splinter voice ever.

Casey Jones: Marc Thompson and Josh Peck. Both since one is an adult and the other is clearly a child still going through puberty. They are so different I almost count them as different characters.

Shredder: Avery is my favorite but when I'm reading comics or any fanfic where he is supposed to be menacing I go with Kevin Richardson.

Karai: Kelly Hu. Outside of her comic interpretations the 2012 version of Karai is probably my favorite.

Baxter Stockman: Scott Williams. Menacing and arrogant at the same time. Love it.

Rocksteady: Cam Clark. In 2k12 he has a generic Russian accent, I’ll take Cam Clark’s Rocksteady over that.

Bebop: JB Smoove. This is probably the WORST Michael Jackson impression I have ever heard...but I still liked it? Also the character design was cool.

^^^^
SHELLHEADS Inc.- A TMNT Discord!
Dejablue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 03:52 AM   #66
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
My favourite voice overall in tmnt and of Leonardo will always be Cam Clarke, no doubt about it.
FW series voices will always be my favourite.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote