The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 04-12-2017, 10:02 PM   #1
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Thoughts on Tiger Claw

So what are your thoughts on Tiger Claw; did you think he was a great addition to the TMNT universe, did you think the writers tried a little too hard to make him a breakout character , or are your feeling to the character more gray than the examples I listed?
Old 04-12-2017, 10:07 PM   #2
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

I think TigerClaw turned out great on the show, I would like to see TigerClaw appear in the IDW comics, or in the new 2018 series that's coming out.
Old 04-12-2017, 10:17 PM   #3
Darth Knuckles
Stone Warrior

I thought he was a great addition to the TMNT universe. I always enjoyed when he was a major player in an episode or even if he was just in the episode at all. He was portrayed as a competent fighter who you didn't want to mess with in key episodes. He is one of the greats in terms of The Shredder's second in command along with Karai and Tatsu in my opinion. I also hope he becomes a normal character in new iterations of TMNT to come.
Old 04-13-2017, 04:02 AM   #4
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Really fun character, missed opportunity, though, with having him leave the Foot after realizing Shredder was "cray-cray". lol
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 04:19 AM   #5
Powder
So tired of this place

I like him, he's had some really cool episode features & Eric Bauza is an absolutely amazing performer, but I don't think I'd want to see the character in another universe. Well, maybe, without the tech or western attire.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 05:18 AM   #6
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
I like him, he's had some really cool episode features & Eric Bauza is an absolutely amazing performer, but I don't think I'd want to see the character in another universe. Well, maybe, without the tech or western attire.
I feel basically the same way. Auman created him while playing a tabletop game as a teenager lol, so that explains the goofy clothes and accessories. Really could have done without the jetpack, too.

He was a really intriguing character at first, and very formidable. Almost as powerful as Splinter. But they nerfed him as the show went on and didn't really give him anything to do.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 06:01 AM   #7
neatoman
Emperor

Well let's recap what he actually does:
  1. He pops up to replace Karai but gets eaten and goes away for a few episodes
  2. Reappears in an episode named after him but is really dedicated to Karai
  3. Questions the Shredder's leadership at times but never does anything about it
  4. Fights a bunch of times
  5. Absent during the farmhouse arc
  6. Absent during the space arc
  7. Runs a few errands while Shredder is hospitalised
  8. Gets his arm chopped off by Alopex
  9. Summons Hothead and helps revive Shredder
  10. Helps defeat Hothead

... Did he... Actually do anything of substance before Alopex popped up? I don't think many of the other henchmen did either but at least I tell you what their personalities are. Tiger Claw doesn't even any recognisable quirks. Even Hun, with only one episode focusing on him, had more personality.

So no, I'm not going to miss Tiger Claw. I doubt I'll even remember him when it's been a few years since I last watched the show, unless of course he'll appear in future material but I sort of doubt it.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 06:21 AM   #8
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
... Did he... Actually do anything of substance before Alopex popped up? I don't think many of the other henchmen did either but at least I tell you what their personalities are. Tiger Claw doesn't even any recognisable quirks. Even Hun, with only one episode focusing on him, had more personality.
Yeah, I totally forgot that he disappeared immediately after Wormquake and spent the rest of season 2 fighting his way back to the Nick universe. So yeah... you couldn't even call him a "series regular" until almost half way through season 3. But then he's gone in over half of season 4, and only present for the opening arc of season 5.

His only personalty trait is "warrior". He didn't even show a trace of guilt or affection upon seeing his estranged sister after who knows how many years.
Old 04-13-2017, 09:36 AM   #9
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

He seems alright. Do find it odd he likes to report so much news in so many threads, though.

Last edited by DestronMirage22; 04-13-2017 at 09:46 AM.
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 09:43 AM   #10
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

To me, Tiger Claw is something of an Diet Old Hob.
An angry one-eyed feline mutant with a score to settle.

But, as pointed out earlier, Tiger Claw wasn't very well, and just wasn't quite as compelling as Hob.
Old 04-13-2017, 10:26 AM   #11
Splinter the boss
Stone Warrior

He was terrific, he possessed extraordinary skill and caused the turtles trouble numerous times. I found his accessories really cool, the jetpack, the ice guns. It's only natural for me to wish for his appearance in future shows.

"I am absolute, lower your head!"
Splinter the boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 10:32 AM   #12
ToTheNines
[sic]

It's also worth mentioning that he had aim worse than an Imperial Stormtrooper. Did he ever actually hit his target once?
Old 04-13-2017, 10:36 AM   #13
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
It's also worth mentioning that he had aim worse than an Imperial Stormtrooper. Did he ever actually hit his target once?
The cat has no depth perception, what'd you expect?
Old 04-13-2017, 10:40 AM   #14
Vicky82
Emperor

I like Tiger Claw, my favourite episode with him in it is, Wrath of Tiger Claw, I loved the final fight scene.

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 11:57 AM   #15
CyberCubed
Overlord

I liked him, and we never really had a major Tiger mutant in TMNT before. He did generally function as this series version of Tatsu or 4kids Hun though, just being Shredder's second in command.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 02:06 PM   #16
snake
Disgusting

I liked his design and the concept of TC more than the execution. I'm all for him appearing in other incarnations as a Boba-Fett type figure. I'd change his fur to white though, because it looks better that way.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 02:08 PM   #17
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

He's a pretty good new character for Nick to offer to the franchise. Maybe a little over the top (could have done without the jet pack at least?), but the way cartoons are often done these days may have something to do with that.

Just a shame we didn't get more backstory. If he turns up again someday, I hope there may be a little more depth added and he's more than just Shredder's right hand hitman. Esp the whole brother of Alopex thing, though given her traditional origin and home, eh... Maybe a non-sibling link next time. (Though I wish Nick had explored it more in this series.)
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 02:30 PM   #18
JH24
Hench Mutant

Very interesting character. Great design and really has a presence whenever he's on screen. At the same time his character feels underdeveloped, it just feels they've could have done so much more with him.

He's not always portrayed consistently either. In some episodes he's a genuine threat, in others he's just being there or more like a comic relief. Like April kicking him in the...

It could have been interesting to see Tigerclaw having some sort of personal vendetta against one of the turtles, like against Leo. (We already had Mikey/Rahzar, Raph/Fishface and Donatello/Baxter)

In some episodes he shows some hints of honor, in others he's more like someone who stabs you in the back. In the end, I just wish they would have done more with his character, like working together with the turtles once in awhile. I never really understood why Tigerclaw is that obsessed with and loyal to the Shredder.

I mean, if it took a demonic dragon to make him realize the error of his ways, then Tigerclaw really must have been blind.

Last edited by JH24; 04-14-2017 at 02:36 PM.
JH24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 12:18 AM   #19
Leofan26
Mad Scientist

He started off boss, than um it's like the Nick writers couldn't figure out what to do with him
Leofan26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 05:23 AM   #20
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

One of the coolest antagonists since Armaggon and Verminator X from Archie.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote