The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2024, 12:01 PM   #4961
teemu
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: USA
Posts: 895
Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2Josh View Post
I don't know how much effort goes into a repaint wave like the DIC wave, but I can't imagine it would be enough to take away from an actual new wave (I could certainly be wrong on that). Super7's bigger problem (ignoring poor QC for this point) is that they just have way too many licenses and, so far as it seems, are spread too thin across them. So I think all the lazy repaints are like a stopgap measure for them, keeping the line going while they try to play catch-up. If you look at the Ultimates line when they started TMNT, they had way fewer licenses than they do now... and they were still struggling to keep up. That problem has only been exacerbated with the flood of new licenses (the Triceraton will have been something like a two-and-a-half year wait by the time we get it - and their target is supposed to be... six months?).
It's takes away from a wave when the variant wave was called WAVE 6. Wave 6 should be something like Shipwreck, Firefly, Quick Kick, Tomax/Xamot etc....NOT a stupid re-colored variant set making up a new wave (which hardly anybody bought into resulting in the wave 6 being cancelled)

Each wave takes a long time to make. A variant wave just gets in the way, as it was never billed as some "special wave", but was actually wave 6. Too many REAL characters to make than boring ass variants of the same characters over and over.
teemu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2024, 10:41 PM   #4962
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist
 
RaphaelinSTL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 1,726
Quote:
Originally Posted by jestergoblin View Post
TMNT 2k3 Ultimates should be revealed by "end of April."
Well that didn't happen lol
__________________
RaphaelinSTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2024, 08:24 AM   #4963
jestergoblin
Mad Scientist
 
jestergoblin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 1,137
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaphaelinSTL View Post
Well that didn't happen lol
Sheesh. It's been almost six months since Wave 11 was solicited.

And the preorder page has been updated in the last week. No real changes. https://super7.com/pages/pre-order-status-page

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - Wave 10 (Classic Rocker Leo, Casey Jones Mirage, Karai, Ninja April)
  • Scheduled to leave the factory middle of May 2024 and ship to customers late-June 2024.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - Wave 7 (Punker Don, Warrior Metalhead Michelangelo, Guerrilla Gorilla, Triceraton, Robotic Bebop)
  • Scheduled to leave the factory middle of June 2024 and ship to customers early-August 2024.

Wave 11 isn't listed.
jestergoblin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2024, 08:33 AM   #4964
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist
 
RaphaelinSTL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 1,726
Uh oh. That doesn't seem good ... how bad would it be if Wave 11 as a whole didn't hit the numbers needed to go into manufacturing.
__________________
RaphaelinSTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2024, 08:50 AM   #4965
TMNachoT
Stone Warrior
 
TMNachoT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Mendoza
Posts: 810
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaphaelinSTL View Post
Well that didn't happen lol
Shame!!
TMNachoT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2024, 08:56 AM   #4966
teemu
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: USA
Posts: 895
The wait for wave 7 is Ridiculous!

The rat king wave will still come. I just think people are pre-ordering way less from Super7. If retailers were not buying, the Ultimates turtles line would be over.
teemu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2024, 03:30 PM   #4967
TMNachoT
Stone Warrior
 
TMNachoT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Mendoza
Posts: 810
Guys, Brian Flynn told me that we need to wait another 30 days to order their 2K3 figs :/
https://www.instagram.com/p/C6favvcM...MyNTJlbmVwMg==

Last edited by TMNachoT; 05-03-2024 at 07:24 AM.
TMNachoT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2024, 04:16 PM   #4968
Tuxedo Moroboshi
Mad Scientist
 
Tuxedo Moroboshi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Battle Nexus
Posts: 1,070
I hope Brian's planning on releasing all 4 brothers relatively close to each other for the 2k3 versions, cuz with all these delays and with what The Simpsons line taught us regarding separating the main characters...
Tuxedo Moroboshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2024, 06:49 PM   #4969
Dask
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: May 2020
Location: NY
Posts: 1,122
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuxedo Moroboshi View Post
I hope Brian's planning on releasing all 4 brothers relatively close to each other for the 2k3 versions, cuz with all these delays and with what The Simpsons line taught us regarding separating the main characters...
2k3 is their trump card and lifeline. If they want to reignite interest in the Turtles franchise they have to make some very toon accurate 2k3 figures and release the 4 turtles in one wave! If they do it right it will easily be as coveted as the Mezco 4 pack [especially considering the supercharged, stylized (albeit cleaner and more polished) Mirage inspired aesthetics of the 2k3 series]. It has the potential to look better than the DreamEX as those figures are more textured like Mezco and lacks the fidelity of the source material.

Unless, say, Zelu from NECA does the 2k3 figures, Super7 is our best bet (imagine if NECA pulls a quick one and unveils a 2k3 4-pack for SDCC...just to one up Super7). It's also possible that the Loyal Subjects may tackle them as they've already done Casey Jones in that style, but their articulation and joint cuts kind of suck.
Dask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2024, 11:09 AM   #4970
Y2Josh
Hench Mutant
 
Y2Josh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Posts: 457
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dask View Post
2k3 is their trump card and lifeline. If they want to reignite interest in the Turtles franchise they have to make some very toon accurate 2k3 figures and release the 4 turtles in one wave!
I don't think we'll see all four in the same wave, unless they do like ten figures at once. I can see this going one of two ways: either Brian has learned nothing, and they still do one Turtle per wave or - and I think (or maybe just hope) this is a lot more likely - they go the Silverhawks route and do two Turtles per wave.

But past that, no matter how they handle the releases, it's not going to help if they still have the same inconsistent QC that has plagued nearly every wave.
Y2Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2024, 12:59 PM   #4971
Dask
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: May 2020
Location: NY
Posts: 1,122
Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2Josh View Post
I don't think we'll see all four in the same wave, unless they do like ten figures at once. I can see this going one of two ways: either Brian has learned nothing, and they still do one Turtle per wave or - and I think (or maybe just hope) this is a lot more likely - they go the Silverhawks route and do two Turtles per wave.

But past that, no matter how they handle the releases, it's not going to help if they still have the same inconsistent QC that has plagued nearly every wave.
I'm remaining optimistic. Some of their later waves had few QC issues if any. Also, they can make a wave of all 4 turtles as they have done so in the past (e.g. Glow-in-the-Dark Turtles). Hopefully, they have some practical business sense when it comes to releasing/marketing the 2k3 figures and generating momentum for the brand.
Dask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2024, 01:16 PM   #4972
mikey0
Foot Elite
 
mikey0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 4,113
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMNachoT View Post
Guys, Brian Flynn told me that we need to wait another 30 days to order their 2K3 figs :/
https://www.instagram.com/p/C6favvcM...MyNTJlbmVwMg==
Yep, mid-June now.


https://toynewsi.com/345-52645
mikey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2024, 03:02 PM   #4973
jestergoblin
Mad Scientist
 
jestergoblin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 1,137
June 13th to be specific.
jestergoblin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2024, 04:41 PM   #4974
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist
 
RaphaelinSTL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 1,726
And apparently, they are going to have to double jointed knees and elbows like the Reddit post alluded to previously. Where there's smoke, there's fire lol
__________________
RaphaelinSTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2024, 05:29 PM   #4975
teemu
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: USA
Posts: 895
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaphaelinSTL View Post
And apparently, they are going to have to double jointed knees and elbows like the Reddit post alluded to previously. Where there's smoke, there's fire lol
Brian flynn is incapable of telling the truth. He is not going to say that the Reddit post was right or that his business is in any kind of trouble.
teemu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2024, 09:28 AM   #4976
jestergoblin
Mad Scientist
 
jestergoblin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 1,137
Possibly Jim Lee turtles incoming! Teased by Brandon Gash on Instagram - he does work for Super7, Mondo, Nacelle.

Spoiler:
jestergoblin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2024, 09:46 AM   #4977
mikey see
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,080
I'm not going to be the guy on the internet saying "literally nobody asked for this", but I've certainly not seen these on any lists. If this is actually coming up from Super7 they should just come out and publicly say "look, all of those figures you guys thought we'd make? We can't. That dream is dead. So gear up for a bunch of stuff out of left field because that's all Playmates will let us touch."

My guess is this isn't Super7 though.
mikey see is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2024, 10:37 AM   #4978
Dask
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: May 2020
Location: NY
Posts: 1,122
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey see View Post
I'm not going to be the guy on the internet saying "literally nobody asked for this", but I've certainly not seen these on any lists. If this is actually coming up from Super7 they should just come out and publicly say "look, all of those figures you guys thought we'd make? We can't. That dream is dead. So gear up for a bunch of stuff out of left field because that's all Playmates will let us touch."

My guess is this isn't Super7 though.
I always thought they were cool looking and wanted to get them when I was younger due to their more mature and sleeker look. They almost seemed like they paved the way for 2k3 figures (aesthetics wise). However, I would imagine that they would have even more complicated licensing (e.g. Jim Lee, Savage Garden). They can finally complete the team if true, but yeah, these are left field.
Dask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2024, 10:42 AM   #4979
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist
 
RaphaelinSTL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 1,726
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey see View Post
I'm not going to be the guy on the internet saying "literally nobody asked for this", but I've certainly not seen these on any lists. If this is actually coming up from Super7 they should just come out and publicly say "look, all of those figures you guys thought we'd make? We can't. That dream is dead. So gear up for a bunch of stuff out of left field because that's all Playmates will let us touch."

My guess is this isn't Super7 though.
Apparently it may be Mondo, from what I've been hearing online across some of the groups.
__________________
RaphaelinSTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2024, 11:29 AM   #4980
mikey see
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,080
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dask View Post
I always thought they were cool looking and wanted to get them when I was younger due to their more mature and sleeker look. They almost seemed like they paved the way for 2k3 figures (aesthetics wise). However, I would imagine that they would have even more complicated licensing (e.g. Jim Lee, Savage Garden). They can finally complete the team if true, but yeah, these are left field.
Yeah, they're very 90s ToyBiz X-Men to me, and that was a big thing for sure... at the time. I'm just not sure there's much nostalgia at all for looks that were just a quick one-off.

If the rumor of Mondo doing them is true then that's quite strange. Super niche AND $100+ apiece is a tough sell.

Last edited by mikey see; 05-16-2024 at 12:43 PM.
mikey see is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:35 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.