The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: Whad you think of Leatherhead's Introduction?!
Croc-a-licious... *evilgrin* 28 58.33%
Mikey's Croc-Hunter impressions! 9 18.75%
Hey... is that the Turtlenator? 11 22.92%
Gah, flush it down again!!! 0 0%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-29-2004, 09:42 PM   #81
Buslady
WingsOfDarkness! Perkele!

I missed it alll! WAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!

@)(*#&$ VCR didn't get it and I had to work early in the AM so I got nothing..I havent missed an ep of season 2 til now....WAAHAHAAAA!!!!!!!!!

Bummed out......
Old 02-29-2004, 10:43 PM   #82
Machias Banshee
Super Moderator

*sighs* you and me both, sister....
Machias Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2004, 02:34 AM   #83
Gremlin
Foot Soldier

I'd actually expected more from this ep, not sure what though. The turtlebot fight was way rushed anyway. "hey, he's superior to us, let's change weapons and kill him".
Gremlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2004, 09:47 AM   #84
Mr. Stay Puft
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machias Banshee
*sigh* stupid vertigo...

well, I apologize to you guys for not opening up the thread. I didnt even get to see the cartoon myself. I had the worst case of vertigo and ended up getting take nto the emergency room. *hugs her medicine* So, I guess I'll have to go ep searching to find it.

I'm glad people liked it. I was worried it might've been a little boring for some folks. But now I'm even More eager to see it...
Banshee, I live in NH and I taped the episode. PM me if you want it.

And there came a day. A day unlike any other, when Earth’s mightiest heroes found themselves united against a common threat, to fight the foes no single superhero could withstand. On that day, the Avengers were born.

R.I.P Chi Cheng and Jeff Hanneman
Mr. Stay Puft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2004, 10:40 AM   #85
Kali
Inactive Moderator

Wow, I loved this ep! The way they changed Leatherhead's eyes was a really cool note as to which "mindset" was in control.

Notice that Leo made reference to the albino croc we saw in Tales of Leo. Now we know for sure that wasn't Leatherhead.

As for Don's Porpoise Device. I know the Turtles can hold their breaths for a long time, but they have their limits. When they swam to the Garbageman's island, they were sure they could simply surface for air when they needed it, and I'm sure they did at least once. In the sewer tunnels they were exploring, there was no such guarantee. It's also very hard to do work like welding while holding your breath. The underwater gear is simply more convenient.

At first, I thought Leatherhead was talking to Shredder as well, and I was surprised it was Baxter. Then at the end, when Leatherhead got mad when Baxter mentioned Shredder, it clicked. I should have realized that because Leatherhead was raised by the Utroms, he would know of The Shredder, and consider him an enemy. I usually catch these things earlier.

Okay, Mecha-Turtle-Bot, or whatever he's called. I thought he was only gonna be in the games, which I have little interest in. But he was so cool in this. Quick thinking by Raph ( ) to switch weapons.

One request. My station did a bad accidental edit of this ep. After Leatherhead tackles Mikey, and they go under the water, there's a commercial break. After the break, my station came back with Leatherhead apologizing to Mike. I know I missed something, can someone tell me what it was?

As for his "death", I really don't think Leatherhead's dead. Crocs are tough animals, and I'm sure he'll be back, and trying to repair the Transmat.
Kali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2004, 12:16 PM   #86
Lanagirl
Hench Mutant

so, is leatherhead a good guy if he is mad at Shredder
Leatherhead always wanted to kill our turtle boys....
AND THROUGH BORN LOVE
Lanagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2004, 12:45 PM   #87
Mr. Stay Puft
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanagirl
so, is leatherhead a good guy if he is mad at Shredder
Leatherhead always wanted to kill our turtle boys....
The Leatherhead from the old 'toon always wanted to kill the Turtles. This Leatherhead was based on the original, non-Cajun, Mirage version. He was raised by the Utroms, a peaceful alien race, and more than likely sees the Turtles as allies, because they view Shredder as a common enemy. I personally hope he comes back.

And there came a day. A day unlike any other, when Earth’s mightiest heroes found themselves united against a common threat, to fight the foes no single superhero could withstand. On that day, the Avengers were born.

R.I.P Chi Cheng and Jeff Hanneman
Mr. Stay Puft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2004, 01:03 PM   #88
Jephael
That whack job behind you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gremlin
I'd actually expected more from this ep, not sure what though. The turtlebot fight was way rushed anyway. "hey, he's superior to us, let's change weapons and kill him".
The reason that happened was they were limited for time. I guess that's why storyarcs are alot nicer, cause there's always time to throw in some more stuff for suspence type purposes.

www.jephael.com
Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2004, 02:30 PM   #89
Drtooth
Foot Elite

I loved this episode quite a bit..

Non of dat dere cajun tawkin' I gayrontee! And no "UTs!" about it...

I was a little dissappointed at first when I realized it was totally different from the comics, but I still think it was a totally rad episode that blew me away!

Hopefully Leatherhead will be back again some time next season... I'd love to see them do an episode about the Hunter (like in the comics)

Can't wait to get the Leatherhead action figure as well...
Old 03-01-2004, 02:40 PM   #90
Leonardo_Warrior_Turtle
Stone Warrior

I think Leatherhead will have something to do with the Turtles possibly seeing the Utroms again, in season 3. Here is how I see it.

Leatherhead will meet up with the Turtles again. He will finally meet Master Splinter, and they will all talk about how the Utroms and them go way back, and how the Shredder is a equal enemy to them all. Leatherhead will have the transmat completed and will invite the Turtles to go to the Utrom homeworld to visit them. In the process, we meet up again with Mortu and Fugitoid, and they talk about a great danger befalling the Utrom homeworld. We might even see the Shredder and his Foot army try to take over the Utrom homeworld! Then it's up to the Turtles, Utroms, Fugitoid, and Leatherhead to stop the Shredder. Hey, not to mention Zog (the Tricentereon that was left on Earth) might join in the fight. I am guessing all of this because one of the Guardians said they would meet again, and Leatherhead is building a transmat. Coincendence? We shall see.
Old 03-01-2004, 05:18 PM   #91
Gremlin
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jephael
Quote:
The reason that happened was they were limited for time. I guess that's why storyarcs are alot nicer, cause there's always time to throw in some more stuff for suspence type purposes.
Yeah, I know they have a limited amount of time. But after leatherhead spoke to mikey the first time, the whole episode seemed very rushed overall. It wouldn't have been a problem splitting it up to a two-parter, which would have been better if you ask me.

Oh well, City at war up next (if I don't remember completely wrong), I guess I'll get my non-rushed stuff there
Gremlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2004, 05:45 PM   #92
Splinter
Radical Rat

Quote:
Oh well, City at war up next (if I don't remember completely wrong), I guess I'll get my non-rushed stuff there
Nope, Return to the Underground. Where the turtles return to well, the Underground where Quarry, Razorfist, Stonebiter, and friends have been living.

R.I.P. Master Splinter - Mirage Comics - May 1984 / June 2003
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - New Episode Guide
Splinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2004, 07:24 PM   #93
Hyper Metal Sonic
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splinter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakirules
Speaking of Baxter Stockman, I think he should have been dead in Season 1. Remember Donny shot a missle that sent him flying into the night sky? And it exploded. That should have been the end of him there.
Yeah, but he could have ejected part of the robot in that episode. Or Saki had foot soldiers scour the wreckage. After all, the Spider body with the control chip from Secret Origins seems to be from Saki. And the real funny part, is that we finally have Baxter's head in an Utrom body suit. Many folks noticed and suggested that it was going to happen, after Episode #7: The Way of Invisibilty. Since Baxter's talking about the body suit fished out of the river. And his reflection in the glass lines up with the stomache cavity. Hell, I figured he was going to steal a suit in one of the Secret Origins episodes. Guess I was right.
I look at things to come...

Hyper Metal Sonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2004, 08:39 PM   #94
Jo Dawn
Inactive Moderator

Y'know, I never really thought much of that when it first airs. That's very interesting. I like it when shows make it so when you go back and watch old episodes, you see new things that tie in with what's been happening. It's cool.
Old 03-01-2004, 10:34 PM   #95
J Legault
Mad Scientist

Notice in the first part that Mikey was getting annoyed with Raph's snoring.

He's acting like Raph for once. mikey always annoys Raph until it shows it's Raphy Boy's turn to annoy Mikey.
I got into the habbit back in 1992 or 93' when I was little. I would like to thank my 2 year older cousin for getting me in the habbit. 2001 was when I revised my knowledge on TMNT. And today I'm a bigger fan than I was years ago. I have all 3 TMNT Movies, current Toon, and old school Toon on DVD.
J Legault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2004, 01:08 AM   #96
tOkKa
tOkKie-Pokie,puddin'n PIE

Location: Pajamas out of the water on the elephant was sweating a lemon.
-->> .. fight hard.. sleep hard..

!!terrible2z/GGM!!/T.G.R.I./ ..モンスターのカメを解読しなさい。
tOkKa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2004, 01:40 AM   #97
Tetsu Deinonychus
The Iron Dinosaur

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashibaraMegumi
And I had a very Battle Arena Todishen feel while watching that battle, I must admit. 'This person's scanned all our fighting skills, so let's do the unexpected and use someone ELSE'S fighting skills.'
Yeah, that was awesome!
Anyway, isn't this the first time they introduced a character that's equally classic to old-toon fans and Mirage fans?
Tetsu Deinonychus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 11:30 AM   #98
Utrom
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by TetsuDeinonychus
Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashibaraMegumi
And I had a very Battle Arena Todishen feel while watching that battle, I must admit. 'This person's scanned all our fighting skills, so let's do the unexpected and use someone ELSE'S fighting skills.'
Yeah, that was awesome!
Anyway, isn't this the first time they introduced a character that's equally classic to old-toon fans and Mirage fans?
Well, don't forget the Shredder and the turtles, and you could say that Krang made an appearance, but, for the most part, I would agree with you that Leatherhead is one of the first characters to be introduced into the new show that is equally classic to both old-toon fans and Mirage fans.

Now about the episode, for some reason, I was conviced that the crocidile that Leo and Raph found in the episode, "Tales of Leo", was Leatherhead. Oh well. Anyway, the evil turtlebot was awesome!
Utrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 12:23 PM   #99
coryroo24
Hench Mutant

i don't think it was the same croc because that croc was albino
Old 03-03-2004, 12:41 PM   #100
Kali
Inactive Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by coryroo24
i don't think it was the same croc because that croc was albino
Yeah, definitely not the same croc. In fact, I vaguely remember it being a gator. I may have to go back and check.

Though Leo did mention the albino croc in this ep, which I though was neat.
Kali is offline   Reply With Quote