The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 05-15-2005, 01:56 PM   #1
sdp
Megan Fox = April

TMNT Board Game by MiltonBradley

Anyone have it?
I saw it on discoutn for 4.88 at KB toys so i decided why not, i played with 4 friends and it is actually very fun.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2005, 07:38 PM   #2
jestergoblin
Mad Scientist

Is that the one with like 10 dice and a bunch of little thingies and it takes forever to set up?

If it is, yes I have it and I love it.
jestergoblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2005, 08:59 PM   #3
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Yeah, that one.
For some reason i don't think it takes that long to set up, but its probably since i'm jaded from having to play so much monopoly in accounting class :/ and that does take forever.

I guess i ended up having some "advance" rule questions, maybe i'll post them here. I know i'm probably taking it too seriously but it did come up during game play.

1. If you die do you get to keep dynamite/keycard/pizza etc?

2. If you already used dynamite or a keycard to get in and got in but lost to shredder, would you have to get it again if you die?
Old 05-16-2005, 08:59 AM   #4
zkarlette
Fashionably late

I have seen it on sale a lot of times and i have passed cause it looked like it would take forever to setup and it would take away the fun, Is it really worth it??
Old 05-16-2005, 09:19 AM   #5
sdp
Megan Fox = April

The first time it took some time but we were also reading the instructions, the second time and on it didn't take much time at all, like i said even the first time i played it it didn't take too long to setup compared to games like monopoly.

Me and my friends really enjoyed it, and they're not really turtle fans so i'm not being biased.
Old 05-16-2005, 12:12 PM   #6
Kali
Inactive Moderator

While it does take awhile to set up, it gets easier, and faster, the more you play. You figure out a setup rhythm and it goes really quickly. I’ve found it helpful to keep the different pieces in different bags. I keep all the pieces for the “regular” game in one bag, and the pieces used only in the “advanced” game in another.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp
I guess i ended up having some "advance" rule questions, maybe i'll post them here. I know i'm probably taking it too seriously but it did come up during game play.

1. If you die do you get to keep dynamite/keycard/pizza etc?

2. If you already used dynamite or a keycard to get in and got in but lost to shredder, would you have to get it again if you die?
We always keep our keycard/dynamite tiles when I play with my siblings. But going over the rules again, it's not really clear. I don’t see why you’d lose any of the pieces you haven’t used yet. But the rules do imply that once you use a dynamite/keycard tile, it gets discarded. Hmmm… that would make things trickier.
Kali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005, 10:24 PM   #7
iluvmikey
Random Punk

i have this game tooo!!! I work at KB so i get pretty much everything with a discount
iluvmikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 06:44 PM   #8
LionO
Foot Soldier

yeah, I was thinking of picking this up to add to my collection... and might as well get one to play with

"You are what you experience.You experience what you express.You express what you have to express.You have what you grant yourself."
LionO is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
board game