Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 03-18-2015, 05:14 PM   #61
Singlea3
New Recruit

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProphetofGanja View Post
I feel like I'm just going to spend the next month thinking of awful things that I hope happen to Bebop and Rocksteady...
I think Raph's way ahead of you on that one. His face in that final shot? Anger-fueled tears.
Singlea3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 05:22 PM   #62
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allio View Post
probably one of the members of the Patheon will bring Donnie back...at a price
That would be interesting.

I just read the issue
like everyone else said "brutal" is the theme for this issue.
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 05:56 PM   #63
Stugehen
Foot Soldier

Spoiler:
Wow! Bebob and Rocksteady's comment about what it looks like under the shell was far more shocking and effective than what they showed of Donatello at the end. Though that last image did push it farther than I expected. Also, did not expect the Baxter-Shredder team up. Great issue!
Old 03-18-2015, 06:50 PM   #64
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

In honor of our fallen friend, I've changed my avatar. I will not change it until the fourth Turtle is restored in mind and body.

Donatello, your sacrifice leaves me weeping...
Old 03-18-2015, 07:21 PM   #65
Joey Kamikaze
Stone Warrior

That was a damn good arc. I wish the Technodrome had done a little more, but I guess it's still around for the future, even if its circuits got fried for the time being. It'll be neat to see if the other Utroms come into the story later.

And I hope Shredder either stays out of the limelight for a while after this or is dealt with in the next arc and then stays down for a while. I love this version of him but I'm ready for him to go away for a couple years so other stories can be told. Same goes for Krang.

So, going off covers and the FCBD preview I'm just gonna take a wild guess that in the next arc we get something along the lines of

Spoiler:
April, Fugitoid and Harold use a combo of what they learned from the Ashi No Himitsu and Fugitoid's previous experiences to transfer Don's soul into Metalhead while his body heals. I could see Don coming out of his coma being one of the big things to happen in #50.
Joey Kamikaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 07:53 PM   #66
MrTMNT2012
Mad Scientist

Well this was a monumental chapter in comic book history...well played IDW, well played!

Seriously, I'm speechless! This hasn't happened to me since...well, City Fall.

Fav Quote - 87 Leo: "TURTLES FIGHT WITH HONOUR!"
Fav Series - 2012 Nickelodeon
Fav Game - Out of the Shadows
Fav Comic - IDW Series
Fav Movie - Liebesman's TMNT (2014)
MrTMNT2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 08:11 PM   #67
Rooish
Devil's Advocate

Fantastic, gripping issue. Shocking final scene.
Spoiler:

I guess red blood is approved for the comic now?

I love this series! Totally agree it's time for some Mikey focus though! I've been waiting patiently.

Thanks evan2000 for the sig!
Rooish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 08:15 PM   #68
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Neutrinos picked up Krang who will be imprisoned for awhile while Shredder was picked up by Baxter Stockman for a "partnership". That answers my question of their fates. However, Baxter being an equal partner to Shredder? Baxter having beef with the turtles? Was it because they forced him to play B opposed to plan A?

Solid storyline. Don heals and swoops in and saves them from Baxter. Baxter's attack lasting three issues is surprising. I assumed he would be an obstacle to get to Shredder. That makes two odd alliances. One in Shredder and Baxter Stockman and the other in Old Hob and Hun. Objectives of the alliances?
Old 03-18-2015, 08:28 PM   #69
Shark_Blade
Emperor

I gotta be honest, this turn of event intrigues and makes me wanna read back the comics.

I left it at City at War saga, where Leo turned "dark" and kinda stopped. I should continue where I left off..
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 08:40 PM   #70
Joey Kamikaze
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
Baxter having beef with the turtles? Was it because they forced him to play B opposed to plan A?
I think that goes back to the first year of the run. Baxter was tasked with finding the turtles and Splinter, and his failures in that regard led to Krang kidnapping Baxter and forcing him to work on the Technodrome. So from Baxter's POV, they made him look bad and contributed to his misfortunes, and they're unfinished business. Besides, Donatello wrecked his science fair and if Baxter had remote backup on his security cams he might know Splinter was at Stockgen the night it blew up.

So basically it looks like Baxter is just picking up where he left off before Krang nabbed him in #12.
Joey Kamikaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 08:53 PM   #71
TheCollector
Hench Mutant

Ok! So I just found this on tumblr, don't know if it's from the next issue or what, but it give a pretty good rundown on Donatello's status after this issue.

Spoiler:

Ok, so Donatello is Alive. THANK GOD! But his body is bedridden and as many suspected, his mind has been placed in Metalhead. Still, thank god he's alive, Donatello's always been my favorite and I was heartbroken at the prospect of him being gone.
Old 03-18-2015, 08:59 PM   #72
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCollector View Post
Ok! So I just found this on tumblr, don't know if it's from the next issue or what, but it give a pretty good rundown on Donatello's status after this issue.

Spoiler:
http://41.media.tumblr.com/1c2eea354...jc8o1_1280.jpg
Ok, so Donatello is Alive. THANK GOD! But his body is bedridden and as many suspected, his mind has been placed in Metalhead. Still, thank god he's alive, Donatello's always been my favorite and I was heartbroken at the prospect of him being gone.
That's a page from the Free Comic Book Day issue that comes out in May (I think). We still don't know how things progress from the ending of #44 to the status quo revealed via Splinter's inner monologue, though.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 09:01 PM   #73
TheCollector
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
That's a page from the Free Comic Book Day issue that comes out in May (I think). We still don't know how things progress from the ending of #44 to the status quo revealed via Splinter's inner monologue, though.
Ah, ok. :3

And obviously I know that. I'm just saying, we know what is going to end up happening. :3
Old 03-18-2015, 09:08 PM   #74
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCollector View Post
Ah, ok. :3

And obviously I know that. I'm just saying, we know what is going to end up happening. :3
At this point, and I speak only for myself, I'm more interested in the how. My guess is it involves the Fugitoid's expertise with literal "ghosts in the machines".

Spoiler:
The few pages we've seen from the FCBD issue also show a city in chaos after some unspecified event that we now know is Shredder's presumed death. Hun apparently loses or gives up leadership of the Purple Dragons, and every other criminal element in the city is running loose without a top figure.

That's also very interesting, could turn out to be IDW's take on City at War.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 09:34 PM   #75
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Oof, I'll never stop being furious about that FCBD leak. We specified and re-specified which pages were non-spoilery, and Diamond still mucked it up.

Well, I know i'm just bringing more attention to it, but please ignore it if you can. TMNT #45 should be out in three weeks, so not too long of a wait.

(That being said, really happy people like this issue. We've been building to this ever since Don brought up the Technodrome to Splinter in Northampton— 14 issues ago!)
Bobby Curnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 10:02 PM   #76
PangolinFeets
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Curnow View Post
Oof, I'll never stop being furious about that FCBD leak. We specified and re-specified which pages were non-spoilery, and Diamond still mucked it up.

Well, I know i'm just bringing more attention to it, but please ignore it if you can. TMNT #45 should be out in three weeks, so not too long of a wait.

(That being said, really happy people like this issue. We've been building to this ever since Don brought up the Technodrome to Splinter in Northampton— 14 issues ago!)
Yea, I wish I knew how spoilery the preview was before I stumbled into it. At least the news is circulating that there IS a huge spoiler for people who want don't want to ruin it for themselves. Ah well, no use crying over that when Donnie is in the state he's in.

Wooo! I think I can handle a three week wait! Not bad.

Love this arc. So much was accomplished and ****ed up at once. Donnie's always been my favorite, but watching him make his way warily through these past few arcs all while worrying about the technodrome makes me appreciate him in a whole new way. Super cool.
PangolinFeets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 10:58 PM   #77
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Kamikaze View Post
And I hope Shredder either stays out of the limelight for a while after this or is dealt with in the next arc and then stays down for a while. I love this version of him but I'm ready for him to go away for a couple years so other stories can be told. Same goes for Krang.
Same here, I am betting shredder will be the villain in the next arc due to the fact IDW planned the story up to issue 50. Krang has been dealt with, but the foot and specifically shredder is still a loose end in the story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Curnow View Post

Bobby has it been confirmed who the villain is for the next arc? And if not can you tell us or give us a hint at least!!!
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 01:10 AM   #78
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
At this point, and I speak only for myself, I'm more interested in the how. My guess is it involves the Fugitoid's expertise with literal "ghosts in the machines".

Spoiler:
The few pages we've seen from the FCBD issue also show a city in chaos after some unspecified event that we now know is Shredder's presumed death. Hun apparently loses or gives up leadership of the Purple Dragons, and every other criminal element in the city is running loose without a top figure.

That's also very interesting, could turn out to be IDW's take on City at War.
That's what I'm thinking. I re-read all 43 issues of the main series plus all the annuals and mini-series before reading #44 today and it seems like his next arc is going to have citywide consequences

And with April and Casey searching for info on the pantheon while all that's going down I'm just like super freaking pumped for everything that's coming leading up to September
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 02:16 AM   #79
martinitolove
Foot Soldier

We were all awaiting Leatherhead's appearance on Burnow Island. And he did not appear... So maybe there is a chance Harold will mutate into him...
martinitolove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 02:55 AM   #80
TheCollector
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemer View Post
Bobby has it been confirmed who the villain is for the next arc? And if not can you tell us or give us a hint at least!!!
Y'know, I will probably be rediculed for even mentioning anything from the Show that Must not be named, but I honestly wouldn't mind if the villain in the next arc was a heavily reworked version of the Dragon Lord from Next Mutation. As long as they don't include Venus de Milo in any way, shape or form.

Oh!! OH!! Or better yet, the Triceratons!! Please the Triceratons!!

Tags
comic discussion