The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 04-09-2017, 02:18 AM   #21
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I get the feeling they're keeping her alive just so they can continue using her character in books/comics that will come out years after this movie ends. No way are they going to limit all the comic and novel writers from using Leia with stories set after Episode 9.
But Leia won't be in X, no matter how things shake out. The movie people don't care about the comic book and novel people. And Fisher's brother and family still could've just said "No." I really don't smell anything devious in any of this.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 02:21 AM   #22
CyberCubed
Overlord

Well yeah, but I don't expect an Episode X for another 10-15 years. I mean Daisy Ridley will barely be past 25 by the time Episode 9 finishes, what's the point of starting an Episode X immediately after when they would have to focus on the same characters?

It would be like expecting Episode 7 to come out in the 90's when Luke/Han/Leia were only marginally older than they were at the end of Episode 6.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 02:24 AM   #23
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Well yeah, but I don't expect an Episode X for another 10-15 years. I mean Daisy Ridley will barely be past 25 by the time Episode 9 finishes, what's the point of starting an Episode X immediately after when they would have to focus on the same characters?

It would be like expecting Episode 7 to come out in the 90's when Luke/Han/Leia were only marginally older than they were at the end of Episode 6.
There will be a break... but I'm not seeing a break like the ones we've seen between trilogies. Instead of 10 years, it'll be like 5. 6 tops.
Old 04-09-2017, 12:12 PM   #24
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Are we getting a teaser for SW Celebration or anytime soon? I believe Rogue one and Ep. VII both had teasers by now. Maybe they're aware of SW Fatigue could happen if they keep trying to hype these movies yearly with so much time in advance?
They'll follow the same pattern they used for TFA and Rogue One. Teaser in April, behind the scenes reel in July and a full trailer late summer/early fall.

The Last Jedi panel at Celebration is Friday so expect the teaser online around 12:30 est.
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 11:38 PM   #25
sdp
-

I was re-watching the teaser and first trailer for The Force Awakens and they're still awesome. Seriously, watch them again.

I can't believe they messed things up so badly and remade A New Hope, the trailers basically laid ground for something new. Unless they remake ESB I guess The Last Jedi should give us something new?
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 12:38 AM   #26
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Unless they remake ESB I guess The Last Jedi should give us something new?
If most of it is about Luke and Rey, their past, and giving Kylo Ren some much needed screentime, it should turn out very good. I expect Finn to just be the, "funny black guy comic relief character" and Poe to just be there for shippers, so we can hope for the best.
Old 04-11-2017, 01:12 AM   #27
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
I expect Finn to just be the, "funny black guy comic relief character" and Poe to just be there for shippers, so we can hope for the best.
I think I remember Rian Johnson saying something to the effect of "Oh yes!" in regard to "Will we see an LGBTQ character in Episode 8?" a while back. So maybe it goes beyond that.
Old 04-11-2017, 02:01 AM   #28
CyberCubed
Overlord

I don't think they'll really do it, not with Finn anyway. Weren't the two Asians in Rogue One supposed to be gay, but they made it so subtle you couldn't tell the difference and they just felt like friends?
Old 04-14-2017, 04:55 PM   #29
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

The report about Leia in IX was bogus.

http://ew.com/movies/2017/04/14/kath...alflow_twitter
Old 04-14-2017, 05:29 PM   #30
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaPug View Post
The report about Leia in IX was bogus.

http://ew.com/movies/2017/04/14/kath...alflow_twitter
Damn it. More FAKE news.

Leia will definitely die off-camera between VIII and IX, if this is true.
Old 04-14-2017, 06:31 PM   #31
CyberCubed
Overlord

This is why I think Luke will survive this movie trilogy. No way are they going to kill off all 3 original main characters. Originally they probably were intending Leia to be the only one to survive, but now they probably changed that to Luke.
Old 04-25-2017, 12:27 PM   #32
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Disney and Lucasfilm has officially announced the released date for Star Wars Episode 9, the 3rd film in this trilogy will release on May 24 2019, So no longer a Christmas release.
http://www.starwars.com/news/star-wa...-release-dates
Old 04-25-2017, 12:28 PM   #33
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
Disney and Lucasfilm has officially announced the released date for Star Wars Episode 9, the 3rd film in this trilogy will release on May 24 2019, So no longer a Christmas release.
http://www.starwars.com/news/star-wa...-release-dates
Pushed up, then? That's a fairly quick turnaround for a Star Wars film.
Old 04-25-2017, 09:11 PM   #34
sdp
-

Wow.

So we're getting a new Star Wars film 6 months after Episode 8? and then episode 9 comes out in a year and a half from 8, basically 2 years from today? Way to burn the franchise quickly, not even F&F get sequels so fast.

At this rate I'm guessing they want to have a new Star Wars film every 8 months or maybe two a year. Episode X will likely be released 3 years from today starting a new trilogy.

The excitement of Star Wars really is dead.
Old 04-26-2017, 07:40 AM   #35
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

It seems more like they are simply transitioning their annual movie from December to May which is when Disney originally wanted VII and VIII to open.
Old 04-26-2017, 12:47 PM   #36
sdp
-

December has worked great for them and people have gotten used to and like Star Wars in the Christmas season, it's almost become a tradition at this point with only two movies.

Sure there's the potential of making more money in May but there's also more competition and it was already doing gangbusters in December for them to move it. And if they really wanted Star Wars in May then they should've just delayed Episode VII to May instead of releasing it in December.

I've not been vocal about my dislike of yearly Star Wars but the way they're handling things really seems to be all about profit in the short term and not the long term, Bob Iger is smarter than that which is why it boggles my mind that they want to keep rushing more product out.
Old 04-26-2017, 12:57 PM   #37
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

Bob Iger told investors since day one of the acquisition of Lucasfilm that Ep VII would be released in 2015. That's why they didn't delay it a full year to May 2016.
Old 04-26-2017, 01:41 PM   #38
sdp
-

Telling investors is not a contract, the stock would've fallen a bit during the announcement but it woulnd't really have affected the stock price much when you know they have Star Wars, not to mention the company was already in a new golden age.
Old 05-26-2017, 12:42 PM   #39
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

http://epicstream.com/news/LucasFilm...-Carrie-Fisher

This is pretty sad to read. It was going to be showcasing her at the forefront.

This actually has it all make sense. Han is VII, Luke is VIII, and Leia would have been IX... even though that's all a bit OT fanservicey... damn.
Old 05-26-2017, 12:49 PM   #40
Spike Spiegel
See You Next Mission

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
http://epicstream.com/news/LucasFilm...-Carrie-Fisher

This is pretty sad to read. It was going to be showcasing her at the forefront.

This actually has it all make sense. Han is VII, Luke is VIII, and Leia would have been IX... even though that's all a bit OT fanservicey... damn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryomancer View Post
Mirage [is]...a comic about life and how life and the people closest to you just absolutely suck sometimes. It's "adult" in a very real sense, in that it deals with heavy themes that resonate more with adults, not that it's full of blood and titties or whatever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_osborn View Post
[TMNT 1990 director Steve] Barron recognized the early Mirage issues as perfect storyboards. It's a shame no other filmmaker has.
Spike Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote