The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Rise of the TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 12-09-2018, 05:43 PM   #21
Poweranimals
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Saiyaman View Post
But it IS telling that they've changed Michelangelo the least, no need to improve on perfection.
Michelangelo seems to stand out less here though because Leonardo is the funny one in this version. I do really like this version of Leo though but I kinda hope he matures more over time.
Old 12-10-2018, 09:59 AM   #22
shredder orokusaki
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
April is a kid (again), Baxter is a kid, the Purple Dragons are kids... I almost wish and would laugh pretty good if Shredder is a kid. Bahahaha.
WHAT?! Iam 31 years old not kid! But i had very good ninja skills even when was kid but no IWLL NOT be a kid! I became the leader of foot ninjas when i was already an adult not a kid. At least i hope this Hun is an adult so i can have him as my second in command again. At least i still have Bebop and Rocksteady!! That something!
Old 12-10-2018, 02:21 PM   #23
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Sure, Hun can be an adult. Perhaps kid-Shredder's baby sitter.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 09:44 PM   #24
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poweranimals View Post
Michelangelo seems to stand out less here though because Leonardo is the funny one in this version.
Yeah, he's less annoying, dumb, and loud compared to the previous cartoon but there's not a lot to his character besides being happy and optimistic.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 06:05 AM   #25
80gmrp
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeotheLateBloomer View Post
Yeah, he's less annoying, dumb, and loud compared to the previous cartoon but there's not a lot to his character besides being happy and optimistic.
Personally, I’m convinced Leonardo in ROT was meant to take the role of Michelangelo of prior eras, this in mind.
Old 12-13-2018, 05:42 PM   #26
909 Turtle Fan
Hench Mutant

The show is not that great in my opinion, but because of the fact I’m a fan of the TMNT, there are things from it I can enjoy. Donatello is pretty funny in this version. I’m interested to see how far the series will go and also what will happen with the introduction of Shred Head. Maybe after that happens, Splinter will turn of the idiot box and get off his arse lol.
Like lots of things in life, if you don’t have incredibly high expectations, then you won’t be let down.

"Breath in the smoke, Oroku Saki, and meditate. Open your mind and all will become clear."-Kitsune, SHotFC #3

"You know what, you're not Leonardo, you're a member of the foot clan. you are a foot clan member! you're not just a member, you're Danny! you're that punk b*tch Danny!"
-Adam, workaholics, teenage mutant ninja roommates
909 Turtle Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 08:54 AM   #27
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by 80gmrp View Post
I’m strongly considering abandoning this fandom...
I wholeheartedly support you in this. You can absolutely do better.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 12:39 PM   #28
shredder orokusaki
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Sure, Hun can be an adult. Perhaps kid-Shredder's baby sitter.
WHAT? Hun is a crime boss not baby sitter. He is one my best henchmen!
Old 12-16-2018, 02:10 PM   #29
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

I mean it could've been way worse...we could have gotten a Half-Sell Heroes series or any of those random TMNT shorts like the Breadwinners one. The most tolerable one was "We Strike Hard and Fade Away into the Night". Aside from that one though, Rise is more tolerable than any of those but that isn't saying much.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 02:29 PM   #30
drag0nfeathers
Stone Warrior

I would have been happier with something closer to the the "We Strike Hard" short or especially the one by Jhonen Vasquez, "Raph vs Don" if they wanted to stay with the more silly route. Invader Zim was beyond silly sometimes, but also had those episodes sprinkled in that were pretty intelligent and I very much enjoyed them.

I dunno... I don't HATE Rise, but you cant go into it comparing it to other series because if you do, you won't like it. It, by itself for what it is, isn't terrible, but it's also not doing the franchise any favors in my opinion.

Donatello is by far the best part of the series for me personally, but I don't hate the rest of them... I'm also not super stoked about them either. The series as a whole just can't hold a candle to the 2012 turtles. No way, but if you don't compare them... it's watchable.

You just gotta take it for what it is and eventually I'm hoping we'll get a more gritty series in the future. For now I'm at least finally starting to save money again.

Thank you to evan2000 for the AWESOME gif! <3
drag0nfeathers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 10:10 PM   #31
ABrown
Banned

The more I try to watch, the more I say:

ABrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 07:13 PM   #32
MaximeLoonatic
Hench Mutant

I enjoy how carefree and goofy the show is. Like the 80s show.
And I do like that villians are goofy as well, but that the main character, Draxxum seems like a big deal
Have you seen the sneak peek of tomorrow's episode? Man, I feel like the plot would get a little bit serious after this episode
MaximeLoonatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 10:45 PM   #33
Kit31
Foot Soldier

I enjoy it. It's far from my favorite, but there are a few solid episodes that I enjoy watching over and over again. One of these episodes is definitely "Bug Busters" - a personal favorite of mine. With other episodes, I don't go out of my way to watch them again, but I might catch them on reruns if they're on. With each new episode, I look forward to them furthering the plot or see past TMNT references. As much as I loved Donnie in the beginning, his character is beginning to get on my nerves. As with every other series, Leo is becoming my favorite, even though he has some serious issues to work through to get over this less-than-humble version of him.
Kit31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 07:53 AM   #34
retrohead
Random Punk

Wow. Seems like Rise on the whole isn't going down too well. I can't comment as I haven't seen it. Didn't even get round to the last incarnation on Nickeledon. It does look like the character designs get worse as time goes on though!
retrohead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 12:53 AM   #35
Kit31
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by retrohead View Post
Wow. Seems like Rise on the whole isn't going down too well. I can't comment as I haven't seen it. Didn't even get round to the last incarnation on Nickeledon. It does look like the character designs get worse as time goes on though!
Hello and welcome to the forum. And the last series on Nick set the bar pretty high for a lot of fans. As far as Rise goes, it was a big disappointment to many people from the get-go (as soon as the designs were revealed). As stated above, I don't mind the new show, but I'm one of those a bit disappointed on how they are handling the Turtles now. It's not all bad, though. If Rise isn't your cup of tea, you might want to check out the 2012 series. It wasn't without issues, but it is a pretty big fan-favorite in the franchise.

Last edited by Kit31; 01-30-2019 at 01:02 AM.
Kit31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 07:53 PM   #36
retrohead
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kit31 View Post
Hello and welcome to the forum. And the last series on Nick set the bar pretty high for a lot of fans. As far as Rise goes, it was a big disappointment to many people from the get-go (as soon as the designs were revealed). As stated above, I don't mind the new show, but I'm one of those a bit disappointed on how they are handling the Turtles now. It's not all bad, though. If Rise isn't your cup of tea, you might want to check out the 2012 series. It wasn't without issues, but it is a pretty big fan-favorite in the franchise.
Yeah I should get round to the 2012 Nick show. Although the designs initially put me off a bit I've heard sufficiently good stuff about it that I think I can put that aside and try to enjoy the writing and characters. Have heard a lot of good things about those aspects of the show.
retrohead is offline   Reply With Quote