The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 12-09-2018, 01:51 PM   #1
The Great Saiyaman
Stone Warrior

Seeing How We Get One Super Hero Movie After Another: The Dumbest Superheroes

Well here's the guy with which everything started: every comic book author and their cat suddenly came up people with super powers and let's be honest, not without success.

The fact that one super hero movie after another comes out is a testament to the formula being a winner.

But let's start about super heroes which fail to be "Super" and let's do so in the following categories.

1. Stupid idea behind the character

2. Meant to be a parody

First up and from the first category: Marvel Comics' very own Videoman.

Videoman got his powers when he got sucked into a video arcade game, turning him into the 2D pixelated figure you see in the picture. Without a doubt the number one character which will NEVER get his own movie.

Then we have my favorite one but from the second category. The guy from which I got my name: the Great Saiyaman from Dragonball Z

The Great Saiyaman, HAS super power, he once saved an airliner which was about to crash by just plucking it from the sky. But underneath that helmet is a shy awkward teenager who makes it impossible for anybody to take him seriously by performing a dumb posing routine.

That routine was meant to be a parody of the Power rangers series, where they would do increasingly elaborate (and stupid) poses before going into battle. The reaction of the girl in front of him says enough.

And having mentioned her...

The Great Saiyaman versus Videl Satan (Who later in the series would become his wife) showing that regardless of him being hundreds of times stronger than she is, the shy awkward teenager Can't bring him to actually fight her. He could have defeated her by just flicking her away like an ant but being bad around girls meant that she had all the advantage in this fight.

Then there's the guy who puts everything what a Superhero should be to shame. Suppaman from "Dr. Slump"

Suppaman ("Sourman" Coming from the Japanese word "Suppai" which means "Sour" and also is the sign on his chest) was meant to be the total polar opposite of Superman. Even down to the name of his alter ego Kent Clarke (Clarke Kent but with the order of first and last names reversed.)

Suppaman is a short fat character who's only "Super" power is his ego, he spends more time portraying himself to be a champion of the people than to actually being one. He is far too cowardly to actually fight crime and is often seen bribing the said criminal so he doesn't have to fight them.

Suppaman "Flying" into action, he does this, as you can see by scooting along on a skateboard
If there is one thing that Suppaman hates more than anything it's when he gets his chance to show himself to be a true champion of justice spoiled, by arriving too late for example and the situation having been solved by then. If there's a fire that broke out and he arrives too late to lend any help he'll gladly blow up the fire engine to make the fire department pay for not having given him his chance to act the hero. And woe on you if you tell him off...