The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Video Games

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2018, 04:15 PM   #41
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Emperor
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Sweden
Posts: 7,813
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Eagle View Post
Tell that to the teenagers and adults who partake in that garbage.
Are console wars even still a thing?
__________________
Because of continuity and timeline errors, I've given up writing fanfiction based on the 1987-1996 animated television series. Instead, I'm trying to reboot the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles story, something many other fanfiction writers alredy do:

Hopefully, stories will later appear at

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/968367/O...NT-Cartoon-Fan
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 05:19 PM   #42
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout
 
FredWolfLeonardo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: New Bark Town
Posts: 3,059
Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
Are console wars even still a thing?
Not at this moment, the Playstation 4 has utterly destroyed the Xbox One till a point where Microsoft refuses to release their sales figures. Its not like the previous generation, where the PS3 started off clunky but eventually caught up to the Xbox 360 and gave it some serious competition.

The Switch is doing its own thing, just like the Wii in the previous generation, and I applaud them for that. Nintendo might not have the flashiest hardware or the most features, but their games are the most timeless.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
The biggest villains were the censors. What they could do without being held back is my question. Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue. Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 11:12 PM   #43
Allio
Foot Elite
 
Allio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 2,922
I want to say the NES, I mean I remember more of the Playstation in of itself filling up my childhood but when I think of nostalgia childhood memories I'd have to say it was when I had a NES.
__________________
Allio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 11:38 PM   #44
DarkFell
Mad Scientist
 
DarkFell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: At the current moment, on your screen.
Posts: 1,468
Going with the old Sega Genesis although, I did play some NES and SNES games with the other kids.

I stayed on with the Genesis right up until I got my PS2.

However, I also liked both of my N64's before they burned out.
DarkFell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 11:48 PM   #45
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician
 
Redeemer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: third earth
Posts: 4,433
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkFell View Post
Going with the old Sega Genesis although, I did play some NES and SNES games with the other kids.

I stayed on with the Genesis right up until I got my PS2.

However, I also liked both of my N64's before they burned out.
How do you burn up an N64?
__________________
GT:Reedeamer
THE TECHNODROME REDESIGN 2015
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=51594
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 02:05 AM   #46
DarkFell
Mad Scientist
 
DarkFell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: At the current moment, on your screen.
Posts: 1,468
How do I burn one out? I would assume by constantly playing on it. It would seem that my two consoles died that way.
DarkFell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 07:33 AM   #47
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master
 
MikeandRaph87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: JLA Satellite Headquarters
Posts: 7,796
My Playstation just stopped working one day. I had it for a little over two years. I was told this consol generation and beyond will not be as durable even if taken care of.
__________________
Michelangelo: This looks like a job for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!
Raphael: Sheesh, Mikey this ain't a cartoon!

Check out the best DC Comics site on the net:
http://new.dcuwiki.net/forums/index.php
Now featuring Ethan Van Sciver!

MikeandRaph87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 07:42 AM   #48
Prowler
Emperor
 
Prowler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Portugal
Posts: 6,062
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
My Playstation just stopped working one day. I had it for a little over two years. I was told this consol generation and beyond will not be as durable even if taken care of.
I know some people whose PS1s and PS2s stopped working or began malfunctioning only 4-5 years or so after buying them.

I guess Nintendo really makes the most durable hardware?
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 08:01 AM   #49
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master
 
MikeandRaph87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: JLA Satellite Headquarters
Posts: 7,796
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
I know some people whose PS1s and PS2s stopped working or began malfunctioning only 4-5 years or so after buying them.

I guess Nintendo really makes the most durable hardware?
I had a Playstation from Fall of '98 to Summer '01. Instead of replacing it I got the then brand new Gamecube. Aside from Playstation 1 and Sega Gensis I only owned Nintendo hardware. With Sega Gensis I had to replace the controllers twice. The console itself was fine. Overall I agree Nintendo has the consoles built to last even in the more machine-like consoles Gamecube and beyond. My experience proves that.
__________________
Michelangelo: This looks like a job for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!
Raphael: Sheesh, Mikey this ain't a cartoon!

Check out the best DC Comics site on the net:
http://new.dcuwiki.net/forums/index.php
Now featuring Ethan Van Sciver!

MikeandRaph87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 11:54 AM   #50
Prowler
Emperor
 
Prowler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Portugal
Posts: 6,062
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
I had a Playstation from Fall of '98 to Summer '01. Instead of replacing it I got the then brand new Gamecube. Aside from Playstation 1 and Sega Gensis I only owned Nintendo hardware. With Sega Gensis I had to replace the controllers twice. The console itself was fine. Overall I agree Nintendo has the consoles built to last even in the more machine-like consoles Gamecube and beyond. My experience proves that.
All my Nintendo consoles still work except for the NES, but it lasted up until 2008 or so. So nearly 2 decades.

The GameCube works fine except its clock resets if I don't play the console for long periods, but that happens to the PS2 as well. It doesn't affect anything else except for Animal Crossing.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 12:25 PM   #51
Storm Eagle
Saved by
 
Storm Eagle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: New York
Posts: 2,712
Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
Are console wars even still a thing?
Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
Not at this moment, the Playstation 4 has utterly destroyed the Xbox One till a point where Microsoft refuses to release their sales figures. Its not like the previous generation, where the PS3 started off clunky but eventually caught up to the Xbox 360 and gave it some serious competition.

The Switch is doing its own thing, just like the Wii in the previous generation, and I applaud them for that. Nintendo might not have the flashiest hardware or the most features, but their games are the most timeless.
I work at a place that helps people with developmental disabilities get jobs. They have a classroom for training for people of one of their programs, which is for people from 16 to 24. I've heard the current group discuss PlayStation 4 and X-Box One, and they debate on which one is better. Someone says X-Box One is better since it has more games. So it seems like those are the two consoles of choice among those people. So I'm not sure things would go over well if anyone were to bring up the Switch. So I'd say console wars are very much still alive. You just have to be in the right places to hear about them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
My Playstation just stopped working one day. I had it for a little over two years. I was told this consol generation and beyond will not be as durable even if taken care of.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
I know some people whose PS1s and PS2s stopped working or began malfunctioning only 4-5 years or so after buying them.

I guess Nintendo really makes the most durable hardware?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
I had a Playstation from Fall of '98 to Summer '01. Instead of replacing it I got the then brand new Gamecube. Aside from Playstation 1 and Sega Gensis I only owned Nintendo hardware. With Sega Gensis I had to replace the controllers twice. The console itself was fine. Overall I agree Nintendo has the consoles built to last even in the more machine-like consoles Gamecube and beyond. My experience proves that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
All my Nintendo consoles still work except for the NES, but it lasted up until 2008 or so. So nearly 2 decades.

The GameCube works fine except its clock resets if I don't play the console for long periods, but that happens to the PS2 as well. It doesn't affect anything else except for Animal Crossing.
Since the SNES Classic came out in September last year, I started to revisit all of the older games on my regular SNES and N64 which came out during my high school days and college days back in the 90s. I recently played the GameCube since I was meaning to revisit The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker for some time now.

My Super NES seems to be a bit wonky now. I've experienced pauses when I played my Star Fox and Super Mario All-Stars cartridges when I haven't even paused the games in the first place. I think one of my controllers has gotten weird now since you have to press hard on the start button to pause a game.

My N64 reset on me a couple of times when I was playing Super Mario 64, but that was just the first couple of times.

As for my recent GameCube sessions. There were a few times during the game where the disc couldn't be read, and I'd have to reset the game. That has only happened with one game so far though.
Storm Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 08:34 PM   #52
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician
 
Redeemer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: third earth
Posts: 4,433
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkFell View Post
How do I burn one out? I would assume by constantly playing on it. It would seem that my two consoles died that way.
You must have either had them on 24/7 or just had really bad luck.

I accidentally dropped my N64 off the top of my tv which was on top of my dresser. The game froze, but I turned it off and on, surprisedly is still worked amazingly well.
__________________
GT:Reedeamer
THE TECHNODROME REDESIGN 2015
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=51594
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 04:05 PM   #53
ranger_scout
Mad Scientist
 
ranger_scout's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 1,777
That is very tough choice since I have owned so many of the years, but maybe it's the Nintendo 64 since my family and I became hooked to so many of the multi-player games.
ranger_scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:08 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.