The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 10-24-2017, 02:22 PM   #61
Danetello
Stone Warrior

Race with the Demon
Journey to the Center of Mikey's Mind

Danetello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 02:36 PM   #62
CyberCubed
Overlord

The Bigfoot episode should be on the bottom of everyones list. Every other ep at least has some redeeming moments, this ep was just awful.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 02:43 PM   #63
Powder
So tired of this place

It's actually one of my favorites. So there.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 02:43 PM   #64
CyberCubed
Overlord

About the only scene I liked in that ep was when Bigfoot opens the refigerator door and sees Ice Cream Kitty and they scream at each other for like 30 seconds straight, lol.
Old 10-24-2017, 02:47 PM   #65
Ninturtle
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
The Bigfoot episode should be on the bottom of everyones list. Every other ep at least has some redeeming moments, this ep was just awful.
I agree, that episode was so bad zI forgot about it.
Ninturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 02:48 PM   #66
CyberCubed
Overlord

Some eps I thought I disliked the first time around like, "Journey to the Center of Mikey's mind" I actually liked and found funny the second time around.

Sometimes eps need to be rewatched, as sometimes you'll have a change of opinion. I'm at the end of Season 4 in my rewatch now and the show is so much better when you watch it regularly with no breaks and see how every ep flows into the next.
Old 10-24-2017, 03:01 PM   #67
newfan
Mad Scientist

The show has been played a lot in my home over the past year and a half (some eps more than others) so most of it is still fresh to me.
I've seen Mikey Pizza Face twice, (if that's the title) but I can't imagine watching it a 3rd time will make me like it more
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 03:02 PM   #68
Danetello
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
the show is so much better when you watch it regularly with no breaks and see how every ep flows into the next.
This is one of the chronic issues with the series. I have a terrible memory and the narrative is lost on me because I can't remember what I did yesterday, let alone in a 20 minute TV show from 6 months ago. I'll definitely be rewatching when I get chance.

Danetello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 04:10 PM   #69
CyberCubed
Overlord

Heh, over the last month I've practically rewatched the entire series in order, and am at the last eps of Season 4. I'm not rushing through it either, I only watch 3-4 eps a day and even just doing that I got through almost the whole series already.

Even rewatched the Half-shell heroes 1 hour special, which I consider canon because its written by Brandon Auman and all the voices/characters are the same. It's the only time the Nick Turtles meet dinosaurs in the show back in time.
Old 10-24-2017, 06:04 PM   #70
drag0nfeathers
Stone Warrior

I actually didn't mind the Bigfoot episode, A Foot Too Big. It's certainly not one of my favorites, but I thought Race with a Demon was WAAAY worse.

Somebody mentioned Rise of the Turtles as one of the worst episodes which I thought was bizarre. I mean everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I think I've watched that one more than any of them, but it's the 1st episode... How can you hate the 1st episode? (unless you just hated the series I guess)

Thank you to evan2000 for the AWESOME gif! <3

Last edited by drag0nfeathers; 10-24-2017 at 06:09 PM.
drag0nfeathers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 06:34 PM   #71
CyberCubed
Overlord

IMO the worst ep of each season:

Season 1: Cockroach Terminator. Its one of the earliest "monster of the week" type episodes and it was just bland. Raph's fear of bugs was also done better in later eps.

Season 2: Pizzaface. I didn't hate this episode like others did, but yeah.

Season 3: As I said, the Bigfoot episode. I can see why others dislike the car episode too.

Season 4: The evil of Dregg. The concept of going to Dregg's home planet was good, but this episode was filled with bizarre writing decisions. Dregg having a robot head (WTF?), Raph giving up the will to fight because of Mona Lisa, Casey saying, "Everything is so metal," Don's infected face, lol. Thank god Dregg got a better sendoff in Season 5.

Season 5: I liked all the episodes in the final season, but if I had to choose I guess the second ep of the monster arc with the werewolfs, or to a lesser extent the second Usagi ep which pains me because I love Usagi.

Other than these eps I was pretty happy with the rest of the show. Of course some episodes were a lot better than others, but I didn't really dislike that many other eps.

Last edited by CyberCubed; 10-24-2017 at 06:40 PM.
Old 12-30-2017, 01:15 PM   #72
Donny's computer84
Thug

Possibly the final arc because it was left open. None of the characters are not follow up until the end.
Donny's computer84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 01:33 PM   #73
Klunk1234
Hench Mutant

Most of the Mikey centered episodes. Mikey was supposed to mature according to what Greg Cipes said. Instead of that, they make him not only idiotic but disgusting( eating odd food).
Klunk1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 01:40 PM   #74
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klunk1234 View Post
Most of the Mikey centered episodes. Mikey was supposed to mature according to what Greg Cipes said. Instead of that, they make him not only idiotic but disgusting( eating odd food).

I don't share the Mikey hate that a lot have... but yeah, he does eat disgusting food.... and apparently smells bad (suggested in a couple of eps)

Saying that, in the Usagi arc they suggested that the turtles smelled like sewage....I mean we know they live there but I didn't really like that they did that, No-one else ever said they smelled bad (in this series don't know about the others).

Last edited by newfan; 12-30-2017 at 03:06 PM.
Old 12-30-2017, 02:20 PM   #75
Vicky82
Emperor

In other versions, Mikey has always eaten disgusting foods, it's not just Nick Mikey.

In the 80s toon Mikey eaten pizza's with weird toppings on top.

In the 2k3 toon Mikey drank milk that had been in the fridge for months.

I expect Mikey's eating habits will continue in the reboot.

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 03:07 PM   #76
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82 View Post
In other versions, Mikey has always eaten disgusting foods, it's not just Nick Mikey.

In the 80s toon Mikey eaten pizza's with weird toppings on top.

In the 2k3 toon Mikey drank milk that had been in the fridge for months.

I expect Mikey's eating habits will continue in the reboot.
Well it's forgivable for his good qualities
Old 12-30-2017, 03:13 PM   #77
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

I think some people are way too harsh on Nick Mikey and exaggerate his idioticness.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 03:22 PM   #78
Vicky82
Emperor

A lot of people complained about Mikey in other versions too, like 2K3 Mikey for being too Annoying, obnoxious and lazy.

Even IDW Mikey started getting complaints now.

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 03:26 PM   #79
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

The one which I've never seen getting complaints is Original Cartoon Michelangelo, atleast not many.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 05:24 PM   #80
victory_angel
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfan View Post
Saying that, in the Usagi arc they suggested that the turtles smelled like sewage....I mean we know they live there but I didn't really like that they did that, No-one else ever said they smelled bad (in this series don't know about the others).
They do occasionally in the 2k3, mainly the joke is one of the Turtles saying “That water (or whatever) stinks and this comes from a guy who lives in the sewers.”

And there were some moments where Mikey would complain about Donnie’s feet smelling bad. Such as one time Donnie, Raph, and Mikey are crashing on the couch at April’s apartment and one of Donnie’s feet falls down near Mikey’s face to which Mikey responds with “What died?”

And then during fast forward they add to that gag by having the Turtles all trapped in a net and Mikey complains about Donnie’s feet being too close to his face so Donnie shifts over a bit so that his butt is next to Mikey’s face instead and casually asks “Is that better?”

With the Turtles I’m sure they do use basic hygiene. I mean Donnie at the very least would have a decontamination shower in his lab since he had been known to work with or be in relitively close contact with radioactive or bio hazardous materials.

However since they live in the sewers it doesn’t matter how much they bathe because the smell would always be there. The only time where the sewage smell would have been less of a problem was when they were forced to live at the farmhouse and when they lived in the pizza shop.

Raph seems to be the only one who sees bathing as pointless due to their living situation as there is that point where Splinter licks Raph to demonstrate how to unbalance an enemy. But then he spits and says “You need to take a bath.”