Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Rise of the TMNT Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 12-31-2017, 12:41 PM   #1981
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
That's what they do with any kids property. There is one new Batman cartoon after another. One new Spiderman cartoon after another.

Why are you guys acting like you have no idea this is the norm for kids superhero cartoons? I guess the only difference is TMNT is known for going gaps between cartoons because it's not as popular, but DC and Marvel put out one new Batman and Spiderman cartoon almost consistently after the previous one ends.

I didn't realize this was rocket science.
While that may be the norm for Batman and Spider-Man, can you name any cartoon franchise that's been retooled several times from Nickelodeon?

I don't think the questions were that it's never been done before, but I can't think of any examples off the of the top of my head where Nickelodeon has done so.
Old 12-31-2017, 01:15 PM   #1982
CyberCubed
Overlord

Well isn't that a good thing then? People thought that when Nick TMNT ended that Nick would let the property rest for a few years before starting up another reboot. The fact that they have so much faith in the property that they're rebooting a new series with 26 episodes in its first season again (instead of say a 13 ep season), immediately 1 year after the previous show ended, already shows they're interested in the long term.
Old 12-31-2017, 02:44 PM   #1983
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

Not sure if it has been posted yet but I just read September is the show start date and 12 episodes are already completed.

http://www.freshfromthesewer.com
Old 12-31-2017, 03:35 PM   #1984
CyberCubed
Overlord

Rob Paulsen said on his twitter. The show is still pretty much a year away. It's kind of ironic, even with the last few eps of the Nick show spread out over long breaks, it's still a long time till the new one starts.

I guess we'll have to twiddle our thumbs for the next 7 months.
Old 12-31-2017, 03:36 PM   #1985
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
ironic
Eons will pass, nations will rise and fall, but Cubed's definition of irony will always be at fault.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
Old 12-31-2017, 03:37 PM   #1986
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
Eons will pass, nations will rise and fall, but the common definition of irony will always be at fault.
I just want an excuse to use this meme over and over again:

Old 12-31-2017, 04:09 PM   #1987
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Except you need to edit the word "you" and replace it with "I"...
Old 12-31-2017, 10:44 PM   #1988
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
Can't help it - it's fun to see someone's impotent rage on such trivial subject as cartoons.

It's very funny to see someone being angry about such stuff. Even more funny to see people making big articles justifying their rage and the like.

https://youtu.be/nCQGQ5qBQTA

This must be your theme song....

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
Old 01-02-2018, 01:07 PM   #1989
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

It would be funny if we got the Kraang from the Nick show as the villains instead of trying to introduce some sort of new alien race.

Kraang Prime and Subprime enter the 2D rise world like: "You know what, the turtles of that 3rd Dimension always fouled our plans up, so lets try conquer this world instead!"

It would be a good way to set up the Rise/Nick crossover and explore the Kraang more in depth.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
Old 01-02-2018, 03:07 PM   #1990
sdp
Megan Fox = April

We won't, I'm guessing they're changing things for changes sake instead of actually writing a fun different take on the characters they'll just make them into something they're not i.e. magic playing a big part, black april, raph as leader. If the changes can somehow make sense and it's a good show then no beef but I'm not too sure.
Old 01-02-2018, 03:10 PM   #1991
CyberCubed
Overlord

We probably will get a crossover with the Nick Turtles later on, somewhere around Season 3 or so I suppose. Both shows are made by Nick, Rob Paulsen is the voice director, and no way they won't revisit the 2012 Turtles when kids will be nostalgic for them in a few years.

It'll also be fun to see the Nick Turtles in 2D, and actual quality 2D, they'll likely look similar to the Nick comics IDW put out.
Old 01-02-2018, 03:19 PM   #1992
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Quote:
We probably will get a crossover with the Nick Turtles later on, somewhere around Season 3 or so I suppose. Both shows are made by Nick, Rob Paulsen is the voice director, and no way they won't revisit the 2012 Turtles when kids will be nostalgic for them in a few years.

It'll also be fun to see the Nick Turtles in 2D, and actual quality 2D, they'll likely look similar to the Nick comics IDW put out.
I think at the very least we'll get to see OT Raph and Nick Donnie make some type of cameo eventually.

It would be great to see Nick TMNT in 2D, those designs look so much better in 2D than in 3D which is odd, normally designs look better in their intended design.
Old 01-02-2018, 03:21 PM   #1993
newfan
Mad Scientist

We saw 2012's in 2D in the first crossover. They worked well in 2D but I prefer them as they are..... but you guys mean a new 2D design not 2012's in 2D?
Old 01-02-2018, 03:32 PM   #1994
sdp
Megan Fox = April

That looked like "flash" animated and while it did the trick and I'm not complaining it looks ugly. The new show should (hopefully) look more traditionally animated and not like that.
Old 01-04-2018, 06:25 PM   #1995
Ninjinister
無問題

Been thinkin'...

For all of his legendary status as a badass and whatnot, Shredder, for the most part, has been pretty one-dimensional. Like even in comics he's not super fleshed out. His goals are always pretty much kill Yoshi/Turtles or rule the world, or both. And ones with the hard-ons of hate are usually the ones that break down as a character the hardest.

So based on what we know so far with this series, it's unlikely, but I'd very much like to eventually see a more humanized Shredder, one with multiple goals and facets to his personality, one who actually spends some down-time chillin' as Oroku Saki and not wearing the Shredder suit every hour. I mean for crying out loud '87 Shredder actually used an image inducer to appear as Oroku Saki instead of just taking off his f**king helmet. It's so bizarre that the only one to carry that aspect of "existing as Oroku Saki" that we caught a snippet of in Mirage was the alien weeaboo Ch'rell.
Old 01-04-2018, 06:32 PM   #1996
CyberCubed
Overlord

In 2k3 during Season 3 we do see Oroku Saki working with NYC and the Mayor to restore the city after the Triceraton invasion. If you ignore the fact that he's a Utrom (and we never see him Shredder armor or Utrom till the finale), that's exactly what a human Shredder would do in his downtime.
Old 01-04-2018, 06:40 PM   #1997
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

There were still ulterior motives for his activities in repairing New York after the Triceraton invasion.

We literally just don't see what Oroku Saki does as Oroku Saki. What he does in his bathrobe and slippers, to put it simply. Or in the case of 23K, just out of the suit. Does he have hobbies like calligraphy? What does he plan to do with the power that he wants so badly? WHY does he want that power?
Old 01-04-2018, 06:58 PM   #1998
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Fred Wolf Shredder collected pottery.

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Old 01-04-2018, 07:01 PM   #1999
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Fred Wolf Shredder collected pottery.
He also loved the finer things in life... like renting hotel suites on somebody else's credit card.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
Old 01-04-2018, 11:11 PM   #2000
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
In 2k3 during Season 3 we do see Oroku Saki working with NYC and the Mayor to restore the city after the Triceraton invasion. If you ignore the fact that he's a Utrom (and we never see him Shredder armor or Utrom till the finale), that's exactly what a human Shredder would do in his downtime.
That's exactly what I was getting at. Ch'rell's showed us the most human side of Saki and he's not even human

Tags
2018, rise of the tmnt, speculation, we're crimefighters